Sign in to follow this  
traveler

a simple but important #alerts mod needed

Hello comunity !

im looking for a mod that can start #alerts 

after server restarts .

cuz its not working automaticly again and you need to type it again . its very important for my server so ppl can get the needed info about the server online map and its forums .

thank you for reading and i hope someone can help me with such mod .

Edited by traveler
  • Like 3

+1  Yes, we do a server backup that involves a restart every single night. It is a pain to have to redo all the alerts every single time.

On 15.06.2017 at 10:11 AM, Batta said:

+1  Yes, we do a server backup that involves a restart every single night. It is a pain to have to redo all the alerts every single time.

Why you restart so often?

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 8:11 AM, DiWorm said:

Why you restart so often?

So that we can backup the players' work. If the system crashes and data is lost, they lose only 1 day of work at most.  Several of our players will spend many hours in one day, working hard.  We would hate for them to lose it.

On 6/25/2017 at 9:55 PM, Batta said:

So that we can backup the players' work. If the system crashes and data is lost, they lose only 1 day of work at most.  Several of our players will spend many hours in one day, working hard.  We would hate for them to lose it.

As a side note you can actually backup your server with it online. Some of the hosting services force the server offline during the process but there might be another solution. Depending on who you use they might offer the ability to add a cron job that can copy all the files to another directory once a day rather than having to shut down. There tech support might be able to assist, worth a shot. 

I don't use a hosting service as I am the ISP however what we do is a full backup once a week during our weekly maintenance. Then there is incremental database backups done through the day and a once day 'core' backup if you will, if it went boom in the middle of the week I wouldn't have to do as many incremental fun times.

Edited by LifesaverM
spelling

Yeah most of us have auto backups but I don't trust them. I like my hard shutdown zip it up and ship it out backups.