Sign in to follow this  
Milkdrop

WTB Transmutation Liquid (Tile - Clay)

Hello,

as the title suggests I would like to buy enough Transmutation Liquid to make me one or up to 4 Clay tiles, pm me offers/your prices/etc. -Thanks. :)

(I hope it's mailable? o.o)

(only returned the other day after a1year break and read up on these, so if I missed something obvious, feel free to point that out too :P)

i have some liquid it needs to be blessed by a fo priest though.. I have 32.5 kgs of liquid.. should be enuf to start you out.. have never done it b4 just got ready to then moved.. if you can make use of it all the power to you..ooops..//i forgot i have a vynora priest and he can bless that should be enuf..i think ill let ya know

later peace out..

Edited by Psalamon

Start out? Hmm.. makes me wonder how much liquid it actually takes per tile as QL and all affects it too... and I wonder what the QL of the digged up clay then will be, that I haven't found info yet at all. :)

(on regular tiles it used to behave like rock tiles underground... some would just cap at some quality... but my digging is 82+ so on that end I should be fine)

I have Vyn, Fo and Mag Priests around too so thats the lesser issue. ;)

Thanks for your answer too. :)

you are welcom.. ii have higher ql tin now so i can whip up a new batch,.. nbut ill send this one out so you can do a trial.. don't worry about payment the liqyuid has been haunting me since my mentor left the game so i am glad someone will use it.. and clay is only dependant on your digging skill patches don't have a ql per say its either clay or it isnt.. but yes amount of liqyuid needed varies due to ql of said liquid.. tis one is low ql at 13.4 so ill send it.. its in a small amphora so it should send ok..

Awesome, thanks a ton! Wouldn't have expected that now. :)

Thats gona be interesting and exciting alike to see how this works.

I have used around 1k apples for 4 tiles of clay, but I had skill @1 when I have started...

i sent it to you but you are not gonna be happy itslike 2 silver and a bit delivery... just because it s done by the kg.,. or less even..sorry you can feel free to send it back and maybe i can deliver it no prob or we can meet.. or maybe try to wait for a higher ql liquid my mentors naturakl substances wasnt too too high..

mhm no worries, will see how this turns out. :)

Gota prep an area besides my workshop for it and then pour it over a tile hah

How much you need depends heavily on the quality of the liquid - at 20ql, off deed, you'd need about 250kg of liquid per tile; on deed would be around 170kg.  At 50ql, you're looking at about 100kg/67kg.  The ql of the liquid depends on the ql of the ingredients (beverages and mining skills, plus the ql of the base fruit) plus nat subs to mix them.

Okay.... thats indeed a difficulty on it's own, thanks for the input Pandalet. :)

hmm yea, looking at those facts ... seems a few kg of 13 QL wont get me anywhere.

Now even making a Knarr and having a 20min boat ride to the next clay patch and fill it up seems easier hah...

I suppose this tile making is intended as a late game luxury more than a "oh I wanna settle here but ressource X is not close by so mhh... just gona pop a tile - nope".

Kinda lack the space to have this many apple trees even to make the juice to begin with, even while I have a Fo priest and could spawn a huge orchard in no time... lack of space (on Xanadu to make it more funny, but thats what I get for settling on the south coast. ^^`)

@Psalamon, gona return the 2s 26c liquid - but feel free to mail me a trash item for 1s CoD, for the effort alone I feel like giving you something. :)

(I hope returning does not incurr any costs on you? I never had to return a item... mhh)

Once thats dealt with the Thread can be closed I suppose, as I doubt this will happen anytime soon and not via Mail anyhow. :(

nono .. don't worry it was my pleasure i had no idea hw much it took.. seems excessive.....takes alot of apples obviously.. let me know if you want me to guide you to a huge apple patch of apple trees next season and i will.. maybe make some healing patches in the meantime to bolster your skill and il drink that liquid for all its worth ehehehe.,...take care sorry t oget your hopes up.. though i do have some 75ql tin but i guess that only helps with creation chance..

PS  ichecked b4 i sent it,.. its only 1c fopr returning it no worries...  if it was the whole 2s etc i wouldnt have even sent it..

Edited by Psalamon

I did few jobs turning tiles into clay, charged 4s / tile, plus 1s delivery fee. Always did it on site as a service, liquid is expensive to mail and you never know how much will you need. Seems to be quite random, even applying the same liquid amount and ql does bit different results each time.

As Pandalet said, about 100-150kg of ql50 liquid is needed.

On 8/9/2016 at 7:58 AM, Pandalet said:

How much you need depends heavily on the quality of the liquid - at 20ql, off deed, you'd need about 250kg of liquid per tile; on deed would be around 170kg.  At 50ql, you're looking at about 100kg/67kg.  The ql of the liquid depends on the ql of the ingredients (beverages and mining skills, plus the ql of the base fruit) plus nat subs to mix them.

I just completed a tar tile last evening.  Here are some things I noticed with the process:

1.  The quality of the liquid does not seem to depend on the quality of the ingredients at all.  I only have nat sub skill of around 25.  I used 35q ore from a bsb (so same quality every time) and only 12q juice from a container (so same quality every time).  Every mix resulted  in trans liquid quality that was not representative of the quality of the materials used or my nat skill.  Sometimes I produced upwards of 65q fluid from those ingredients.  Other times, I produced 11q fluid.  Every batch of trans fluid was different in quality. It appears to be totally random.  It is entirely possible to use junk ore and very low quality juice to produce very high quality amounts of trans fluid, by simply keeping the high-roll fluid in a separate container and build up your quantity over time.

2.  It is true that higher quality fluid does result in increased progress when compared to the same amount of fluid at lower quality based on my tests.

3.  Some have reported that active fluid has reverted to inactive (may be a bug).

4.  It is so fun making this stuff even if it takes a ton of materials.  I ended up using 360 lumps of 35q iron and 360 13-14q cherries to make 1 tar tile.

Cheers.

Edited by Eyesgood

I've done about 10 tiles in total and I think the ql of the ingredients does matter.  While I have no data, I squeezed the juice each time so each batch had a different ql of juice and it seemed to me that I had better luck making higher ql liquid from higher ql ingredients.  Could just have been me seeing something that isn't really there though.

As for the difficulty of doing this yourself, if you have the transport, look around (Xan is good, but other servers work too) for a nice orchard you can harvest in Wurm lands.  Then just go for it.  Not easy, but can be done.