• 4 - Kinda Bad
    • 5 - Less Bad
    • 6 - Not Bad
    • 7 - Better than Bad
    • 8 - Good
    • 9 - Better than Good
    • 10 - Nacho Cheesier

9/10 for effort, but it's not totally aligned to the roof's shingles :3

I remember someone stuck in a Cog halfway up DF after the original Deli blew up and the ensuing rollback... So it could much, much worse :P

• Like 1

Its horrible!

Those crates should be aligned neatly and not strewn around the place!

well at least it's parked and not abandoned.  works for me, but then I am possibly a little messy. 

Who needs the bridge & stairs update when you can just use a knarr?

5 hours ago, griper said:

Its horrible!

Those crates should be aligned neatly and not strewn around the place!

I know. :(

"Original Deli blew up" ?!?

I sence a story I have not heard here!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Cecci said:

Yea lol what was that about

On a scale of one to ten... You. Are an eleven!

Still not better then JK-H knarr commanders. 

• Like 1

On 8/9/2016 at 8:49 AM, Cecci said:

On 8/9/2016 at 9:27 AM, Cista said:

Yea lol what was that about

Deliverance was the first "new" freedom server to open, before that we only had Independence (commonly called just Freedom back in the day). There was no cross-server travel at that point, Wild (now known as Chaos) was not connected either.

(Added: The cross server travel tech was already existing and was used between Wild/Home servers and then when people moved to freedom from home servers. But it wasn't in use for a few years at that point and probably wasn't kept up to date with changes to other mechanics.)

On launch day people gathered on the south border of Indy, Rolf showed up and did some testing of the transfer in person (there is even a cog that he spawned, with his name as the creator... someone found it up after that and "salvaged" it) - and then the border was open to us puny mortals.

About a hour later the SSD that the server was running on decided to let the magic smoke out and completely failed, taking with it everything and everyone that managed to cross over.

The server was reopened a day later. Players that did cross over had their data restored from the last backup on Indy before they crossed... some ended up with weird positions and needed GM rescue. One of them (i don't remember who) had a Cog stuck up halfway up DF - the highest mountain on Indy.

Added: I did some digging and found some news posts by Rolf from that time:

New attempt Wednesday 7th at 18.00 CET - Written by Rolf - Tuesday, 06 September 2011 21:55
Opening the new server today failed for a few reasons, the worst being malfunctioning hardware. There will be rollbacks and we'll put everything back as good as we can then we try to open the Deliverance server again tomorrow at 18.00 hrs CET.

Small delay but release soon - Written by Rolf - Wednesday, 07 September 2011 16:01
We are running a bit late. We need to verify that ships can cross before we open the servers when they are up again.
Crossing should be impossible and may make you end up in the water until we open the border. Do not attempt to cross until we give the sign.
We will send a volunteer over to verify that the boat crossed properly.
Note that there may be sharks on the other side.
When we have verified that ships can cross we will open the Golden Valley portal as well.

Moving ahead - Written by Rolf - Wednesday, 07 September 2011 19:03
Apparently some boats fail to transfer from Independence. The cause is unknown. I suspect some item causes it, but the best suggestion is to move away from the border at least 10 tiles, disembark, embark and try again. Apparently it is an old workaround.
You who ended up in the water with no boat around, try to make it back across and see if the boat is still there.
There is extensive debug information being written in case there is a special item causing this.
Deliverance will open from Golden Valley now. Currently we are losing customers whatever we do and there's no telling which is best.

Boat transfer bug fixed - Written by Rolf - Wednesday, 07 September 2011 20:58
The bug that caused boats to remain and players to cross the server border was finally found, glared at and eradicated. 
The servers are restarting one final time, then we sort out the dispersed accounts and bring them back to their boats. This usually means putting them back on the Independence server and summoning their boat. Most stuff should remain but there may be lost items. Unfortunately we can not spend time looking for them unless they are really valuable.
There is still no telling how many items you can bring in your hull. It's possible that several thousands can be brought over but it is untested successfully. It could very well work if one thousand items do.
If there are more problems we'll deal with those in good order.
Big hugs to the GM team for all their fantastic work!

Two more bug fixes - Written by Rolf - Wednesday, 07 September 2011 22:03
Boat locks didn't transfer properly which caused weirdnesses.
If you tried to transfer in the beginning when there was a limit, items on your body or in your inventory may remain on the old server. These appeared if you returned but were stuck there. They should now transfer with you again. If you dropped them or put them in a container or boat you will need to bring that container back as well.

Wurm is stable! - Written by Rolf - Wednesday, 07 September 2011 23:04
There! After having to dish out loads of bad news the last 48 hours we have formally pushed through. Boats transfer between servers with thousands of items in the hold. I heard 4k+. Don't try to break it please.
In case you lack items in inventory or on the body, return to Independence and they will show up and follow you over this time.
There are no known severe bugs. The server is running smoothly. Most errors have been sorted. Time to rejoice!

Added: And while we are at it... my personal story of moving to Deli:

At the time i used to live near@krinos78(later known as Atazoth on epic). He was doing some weird harbor project that required dumping many thousands of dirt into the inner sea on Indy and borrowed my Cog for that. For convenience i just gave him ownership of the Cog.

When deli (re-)opened i found a nice spot there - deeded it and decided to sell off my Indy deed. And then i suddenly realize that the SOB went on vacation for 2 weeks without giving me my ship back. And that's after i already closed a deal to sell my deed.

Long story short - i had to move all my belongings using a sailboat, and creative (ab)use of alts, bugs and game mechanics. There was a bug which allowed you to carry way more than your weight limit by pulling heavy things from a your bank... so i had 2 F2P alts in the boat with literally tons of combined lumps on them for the move...

Someone should start a museum of wurm for that kind of stuff :P

Edited by bdew

On 8/9/2016 at 11:13 PM, JakeRivers said:

That knarr easier to get back to the water than this cog

I can empathize.

34HIKo6.jpg

On 8/8/2016 at 2:10 AM, Ostentatio said:

wurm.20160807.1927.png

Am I doin' it right?

You parked pretty good, yours is the one at the RIGHT, correct?

If you want to get on the roof, wouldn't it be easier to use a ladder?  :huh:

i dunno Klaa looks like a 9.2 to me on lift off we'll have to see if he straightens out over jump.. and how well he lands...:o

2 hours ago, Psalamon said:

i dunno Klaa looks like a 9.2 to me on lift off we'll have to see if he straightens out over jump.. and how well he lands...:o

Most likely it'll land in my chicken coop. I hope the eggs survive.

• Like 1