Sign in to follow this  
manthium

Several suggestions

Hi So I had a short look through the first few pages and didn't see these suggestions so after some uhming and ahhing here goes:

1. Some form of climbing 'anchor' or brace that you can use to secure yourself to a point on an incline (for surface mining or clearing dirt to surface mine.. or just rock climbing I guess?) This would be a craftable item combining metal and rope (with a limit of say 1-2 tiles movement away from the anchor). I believe this would help with exploration as well as trying to squeeze the coast of it's spaces to deed.

2. A new boat!! An "Ark". The ability to transport animals would in my opinion help the community who say live on an island or just who want to move or trade in animals that don't swim. Obviously it would need a limit of say 10 animals per ark at any given time and would need quite a deep draft (yay canals..) but would actually add something to sailing that has felt altogether the same since .. well since Independence.

3. Tying horses. This is more a convenience thing that any game altering all can do feature. The premise is that you could tie the horses reins to a tree or fence maybe even add a 'Hitching post' as well to add to the in depth feel of an inn. It would help those who travel but for whatever reason need to log out or do a task  that doesn't suit horses. Of course this would not be a 'safe' method of storing horses as the tree's would still be choppable (and rightly so or we'd have tons of horses keeping forests from lumberjacks) And the fences could be demolished if you leave the horses there too long .. Maybe include a 'permission' for deeds to unhitch a horse belonging to someone else if it's left on your deed (rather mean spirited but such is life).

Obviously these would take some work but I genuinely think they would add to the game. :)

Edited by manthium
  • Like 4

+1 to number 1 and 2
Number 3 is neat but not really needed.  Branded horse with a saddle will stay where you left it you and people can't take it(Unless you have permissions set that way)

All 3 have already been suggested numerous times before.

As Greyfox said, number 3 is already sort of in the game.

That isn't to say all 3 suggestions wouldn't be great additions to the game :)