Sign in to follow this  
Jukken

Amphora as premium storage

I think amphoras should be the "bsb for liquids", where you can store milk, sap etc without rapid decay.

There should be a way to store this for later use.

Amphoras require abit of dedication to make...and should have some advantage.

Would also make pottery skill more useful.

Would make a nice mod.

Edited by Jukken
  • Like 3

Amphoras have increased decay resistance, so there's already a huge advantage over other containers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

Amphoras have increased decay resistance, so there's already a huge advantage over other containers.

My sheep and cow milk does not agree x_x

+1 for liquid bulkbin no-decay feature!  (even more so because the old fountains pans are on there way out, leaving me with nodecay safe storage of over 30 barrels of different liquids)

Promised my services out to work on another right now, might look into this for you next.

Edited by Xyp
  • Like 1

+1 on this, we need some kind of storage for milk at least. I haven't even bothered with cows or sheep as yet because we have no way of storing milk that wont decay

On 8/7/2016 at 9:53 AM, Xyp said:

Promised my services out to work on another right now, might look into this for you next.

Be our hero :P  I need decent milk storage very much and it sounds like wax seals in the upcoming patch are too fraught with issues

If you want to make it less uber, it can use clay not wax for a non reuseable sealant that reduces based on the quality of clay: 17Q clay reduces 17% of decay, 83Q clay reduces 83% of decay. (Maybe also the amphora quality since they are not too easy to make anyway). So a 46Q amphora with a 62Q clay seal reduces liquid decay by ... oh god this is MATH, how could I do this to myself ... lets say the average of the two, so 54% decay reduction. That makes high skilled potters well sought without locking out other characters who can at least use good dig skill to close the gap. (But a 90Q amphora with 90Q clay seal will be hard to beat and for that you need the highly skilled potter). 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

I tried to toggle a couple item type flags so liquids could go in bulk containers (ITEM_TYPE_BULK for milk and ITEM_TYPE_CONTAINER_LIQUID for BSB, FSB) and it didn't work. I didn't dive too deep in Item.moveToItem() but it seems it won't be a simple change to put liquids in a bulk type containers.

also, I plan to change the seal action so it doesn't require any materials.

Well not quite the "FSB for liquids" effect you are looking for, using a Peg to Seal a barrel will prevent liquid inside from decaying better than what I have heard the Wax Sealing Kits do, but it can only be Sealed that way if the contents ARE liquid. When I played on WO that was the method I used to keep my different milks from spoiling.

It's pretty easy to add the magic chest flag to any container. This is what I use instead of the things I mentioned above. Here is the script-runner I used to convert a couple containers:

var ItemTemplateFactory = Packages.com.wurmonline.server.items.ItemTemplateFactory;
var ReflectionUtil = Packages.org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ReflectionUtil;
var Class = Packages.java.lang.Class;
var Boolean = Packages.java.lang.Boolean;
var ItemList = Packages.com.wurmonline.server.items.ItemList
var Logger = Packages.java.util.logging.Logger;
var logger = Logger.getLogger("com.joedobo27.scriptRunnerMods.make-no-decay-containers");

function onItemTemplatesCreated() {
	var itemTemplates = ItemTemplateFactory.getInstance().getTemplates();
	var fieldMagicContainer = ReflectionUtil.getField(Class.forName("com.wurmonline.server.items.ItemTemplate"), "magicContainer");
	var barrelRack = ItemList.smallBarrelRack;
	var storageUnit = ItemList.storageUnit;
	var storageShelf = ItemList.storageShelf;
	var barrelSmall = ItemList.barrelSmall;
	// Not sure if it's better to use the barrel rack and storage unit or it's sub-container. 

for (i = 0; i < itemTemplates.length; i++) {
		if (itemTemplates[i].getTemplateId() == barrelRack || itemTemplates[i].getTemplateId() == barrelSmall ||
			itemTemplates[i].getTemplateId() == storageUnit || itemTemplates[i].getTemplateId() == storageShelf) {
			ReflectionUtil.setPrivateField(itemTemplates[i], fieldMagicContainer, true);
			var magicContainer = ReflectionUtil.getPrivateField(itemTemplates[i], fieldMagicContainer);
			logger.info("The " + itemTemplates[i].getName() + " is now a no-decay container: " + Boolean.toString(magicContainer + "."));
		}
	}
}