Sign in to follow this  
JakeRivers

Large Magic Chests - Tich/Retrograde

So on rare occasions when a deed disbands I have found unlocked large magic chests. The only way these can be moved is by pushing them, as they can not be loaded into a wagon or a cart. 

Why is it we can make use of these by pushing them onto a deed, putting a building over top or simply deeding over it, but we can not take ownership enough to be able to load these and transport them to a more convenient location. 

It is not like these chests will last forever as they decay over time and to my knowledge can not be repaired. I would like to know why we can not take ownership of these unlocked chests by deeding over them or moving them onto your own deed. It is not like the previous owner cared enough about them as they were abandoned along with there deed in the first place. The small magic chest or all of the other items on the traders do not carry this same limitation in regards to ownership transfer. 

So if there is a good reason for this I would like to hear it, or if not maybe something can be done to adjust the permissions on the unlocked chest to make it behave more like a regular chest.

• Like 1

My heart cries everytime i find abandoned magic chest, storage merchant filled with all sort of goods and ridiculous high price,locked and abandoned rare cart or unique wagon i can't do anything about it and have to let it decay and vanish...

• Like 1

Things like this will never change because it just gives players another source of income.

• Like 1

If someone has bought them, it should stay theirs. Abandoned doesn't mean the owner might not come back.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, rixk said:

If someone has bought them, it should stay theirs. Abandoned doesn't mean the owner might not come back.

If it is unlocked and pushed somewhere else or deeded over, why should that player get the item back a year or more later? They failed to pay the upkeep of their deed, this falls under 'deed it or loose it'.

By your reasoning all items left on a deed when a player quit should be kept in storage should they ever return? A lmc is no different than a rare forge or any other item that gets left abandoned.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

If it is unlocked and pushed somewhere else or deeded over, why should that player get the item back a year or more later? They failed to pay the upkeep of their deed, this falls under 'deed it or loose it'.

By your reasoning all items left on a deed when a player quit should be kept in storage should they ever return? A lmc is no different than a rare forge or any other item that gets left abandoned.

LMC is one time purchase, you buy it, you own it until it decays - doesn't matter if it has been 1 month, 2 months, or 2 years since purchase. Owner being active or inactive is irrelevant here.

Any comparison with deed's monthly upkeep doesn't apply here.

• Like 1

What Rixk stated is correct - it's a one time high money sink purchase. No means will be implemented that can transfer the ownership without the owners action. No matter abandoned or not.

As for walling a chest in/building a house over a fallen deed with a LMC, there are currently no precedents of this case matter being judged, so I cannot comment on how that would be resolved.

If you want to get ownership of a large magic chest that somebody else owns, contact them. Only they can transfer ownership, and they must do so willingly.

• Like 1

Lol.

ppl wanting things fo free. 

pay ur tree fiddy

pz

• Like 1

its good way as its now, buy yourself one stop crying

What do yall mean they cannot be loaded, I've loaded and transported my large magic chest multiple times.  Done so with a friends as well.

Just get more ppl and push push push :P Thats how my village got lmagic chest :D

Was like 5ppl half day only pushing :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Nomadikhan said:

What do yall mean they cannot be loaded, I've loaded and transported my large magic chest multiple times.  Done so with a friends as well.

Owner can move it. Anyone else can only push it if they find one. Loading is owned only.

• Like 1

Even speaking as a scavenger, the current setup is fine imho.

Sure it can take some work tracking down the owner; though, most who play, buy, and sell enough to have a LMC ingame usually have left a trail.

raided a deed on epic last night

drained the deed, catapulted and picked into all the buildings

found a large magical chest

couldnt take it, was sad

+1