Sign in to follow this  
McGarnicle

Our Journey to Underground Dwellings - Factional Fight Plays Wurm Online

As we prepare the mine under Brian's house for the underground cellar dwelling, we chat about all things Wurm. What will the new cooking system look like? How did Adam enjoy his first Rift encounter? What has been worked on in the village? All these questions, and more! Enjoy :)

• Like 7

Great video guys, fully enjoyed it :)

Shame we missed the live stream but we sat and watched this together while we worked on our deed !

If we got to sit down with a dev, we would ask for the ability to create log buildings (like log cabins) to make villages look a little more diverse.

Keep them coming :)

Valiance and Kaylie

• Like 3

On the subject of wearing special outfits for different professions priests could have reduced shatter chance by wearing their wizard robes and a pointy hat.

• Like 2

I think I first heard about Tich working on a new food system like 3 years ago, always wondered if it got dropped completely but it's nice to hear it's still in the pipeline. 

On the topic of making bonus's for food or outfits etc I think they would be nice if they are as you say a bonus rather than necessary but at the same time you have to be very careful as to how they are implemented on the PvP servers so as to not make the entry requirements even higher. Which is a problem which I personally see as a progressive problem with all these items that add 5% here 10% here to various things. After awhile all these small percents add up to huge bufffs which entry level players even in large groups struggle to overcome at all. 

Good video as always guys, cheers :) 

• Like 1

I like your video's but they seem to get longer each time you make one. I can not find the time to watch this in one sitting, 2 hours this round. 

• Like 1

Another long video, so ideal for another long mining session B)

Rifts: It is possible to see when the previous rift closed either using twitter, or on niarja.com. The next rift beacon appears 7 days after the last rift closed, and then opens 2 days later. Currently, they appear to every 9 days 2 hours.

Mining: Flatten will lower the tile to the level of the lowest corner. Also don't forget that you can mine the ceiling from inside a mine building. So you can make space for more floors in a cave building as you build it, as long as there is enough rock above you before reaching the dirt layer.

• Like 1

Thank you all for the kind words. It really means a lot to us and keeps us motivated to keep going.

7 hours ago, Emoo said:

On the topic of making bonus's for food or outfits etc I think they would be nice if they are as you say a bonus rather than necessary but at the same time you have to be very careful as to how they are implemented on the PvP servers so as to not make the entry requirements even higher. Which is a problem which I personally see as a progressive problem with all these items that add 5% here 10% here to various things. After awhile all these small percents add up to huge bufffs which entry level players even in large groups struggle to overcome at all. 

Good video as always guys, cheers :) 

Pvp definitely needs to be considered with all new features being added to the game. They could make it so only one food buff can be active at any time. Or the buffs provided can be strictly crafting base, for example, decrease action timers by 0.1 or 2% reduction in failed imps. Faeran and I always have a hard time considering the pvp side of things as we don't actively play pvp. Getting this perspective is always welcome.

6 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

I like your video's but they seem to get longer each time you make one. I can not find the time to watch this in one sitting, 2 hours this round. 

The length of our videos has always been a debate between Faeran and myself. At one time we were trying to make our videos less than 30 mins but we found that our conversations were rushed and a lot of what we wanted to get to never got done. We enjoy making the long episodes and I think they are well received. As well, we are making videos once every 2-3 weeks so there is plenty of time to finish watching before the next one.

2 hours ago, Wulfmaer said:

Another long video, so ideal for another long mining session B)

Rifts: It is possible to see when the previous rift closed either using twitter, or on niarja.com. The next rift beacon appears 7 days after the last rift closed, and then opens 2 days later. Currently, they appear to every 9 days 2 hours.

Mining: Flatten will lower the tile to the level of the lowest corner. Also don't forget that you can mine the ceiling from inside a mine building. So you can make space for more floors in a cave building as you build it, as long as there is enough rock above you before reaching the dirt layer.

Thanks for this vital info. Faeran actually asked me yesterday whether we could mine the ceilings from the top of the building. One of the many reasons I love this game is that there are always new things to learn even after 4 years of playing it.

• Like 3

Factional Fight Plays Wurm Online ? Then less than a week later I premium up an account :P Coincidental ?   :P

Love these keep up the great work.

Ah, two scruffy looking Factional Fight brothers in this video! Perhaps a long beard in the next one? Hint, hint...

Another great video, though. And I really enjoy the length of your broadcasts. Sometimes bigger IS better.