Sign in to follow this  

*looks at Rolf & Crew*

Wurm combat does suck, and the PvP'ers who are way more into looking at the stats of stuff regarding combat are the ones to consult on that.. but drop by drop that'll never work, a planned and directed discussion and testing session with players and devs for a single massive overhaul may be way better... include priests in that but ultimately let PvE vote if they're gonna want those changes to spells too or if a pantheon split is gonna happen.

As for the rest of PvP, the deed vs deed and that kind of goodness, I'll stay out of it.  But from ages of gaming experience, don't snub naval combat... that stuff brings people as a norm.

Imho after the mass combat revamp, a mass PvP revamp should happen in the same style but y'all may wanna consider a consolidation of Epic and Chaos with (a) fully new server(s).  I'm saying this intentionally as a PvE guy BECAUSE I got some form of 3rd person perspective.

Much as I love to poke fun at PvP it does hurt to see them suffer and I DO have a general idea of where they're coming from.  And hey... WU with proper PvP could very well sell a few thousand more copies while at it.  

• Like 1

Yeah consolidation on a new server is such an obvious thing to do, makes me happy that even someone in pve can see that. Still wonder why the dev's can't 

Given the majority of the push to merge epic and chaos comes from the desire to sell accounts on the freedom market, im not surprised it's not going to happen.

Ultimately, balance and mechanics changes need to happen first, not second.

Be willing to adapt PvP tactics to mechanics, instead of complaining that mechanics arent adapted to tactics.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mordraug said:

*looks at Rolf & Crew*

Wurm combat does suck, and the PvP'ers who are way more into looking at the stats of stuff regarding combat are the ones to consult on that.. but drop by drop that'll never work, a planned and directed discussion and testing session with players and devs for a single massive overhaul may be way better... include priests in that but ultimately let PvE vote if they're gonna want those changes to spells too or if a pantheon split is gonna happen.

As for the rest of PvP, the deed vs deed and that kind of goodness, I'll stay out of it.  But from ages of gaming experience, don't snub naval combat... that stuff brings people as a norm.

Imho after the mass combat revamp, a mass PvP revamp should happen in the same style but y'all may wanna consider a consolidation of Epic and Chaos with (a) fully new server(s).  I'm saying this intentionally as a PvE guy BECAUSE I got some form of 3rd person perspective.

Much as I love to poke fun at PvP it does hurt to see them suffer and I DO have a general idea of where they're coming from.  And hey... WU with proper PvP could very well sell a few thousand more copies while at it.  

No one in this thread is knocking naval combat, on Epic most major fights happen on boats.  We understand the mechanics better then pretty much anyone in the game when it comes to PvP on boats.  Adding something that really isn't needed is not only a waste of time, but making something that is actually experienced based into "who has the most numbers" based.  

There are things that can be done that doesn't require one second of testing, just changing the code so some features are either removed or changed to match what is actual common sense.

If anyone really thinks the devs will merge the servers I want to have what you're smoking, it won't happen.

9 hours ago, SeeD said:

Be willing to adapt PvP tactics to mechanics, instead of complaining that mechanics arent adapted to tactics.

That is literally what every single PvPer has ever done in this game, we play within the mechanics. This is an asinine statement, the only time things are changed is because something is blatantly overpowered.  The devs are all for testing now, but why couldn't Valrei/Valrei items/Special move stunlock/Playergod priests be tested when they were all thrown into the live servers? I'm seriously happy that they are doing hard testing now, I guess hindsight is 20/20.

• Like 2

This game as a whole is basic.    

Too many large servers +  few players =   Alot of empty servers and little communication

This goes for Epic and Chaos too.

merge some of the servers and we can have the great populations we had on JK Home.

55 minutes ago, Lolabelle said:

This game as a whole is basic.    

Too many large servers +  few players =   Alot of empty servers and little communication

This goes for Epic and Chaos too.

merge some of the servers and we can have the great populations we had on JK Home.

are you happy to lose everything you've worked on for the sake of "consolidation"?

Will you happily pack up and move to a new server?