Sign in to follow this  
ziomekpl

Game like WURM

Hello.
Sorry if there is Topic like this but I dont find ti.
I have just one question.. Anyone know other game that are like WURM? Crafting Sandbox?

I give one title
Life is Feudal (MMO will be in close future)

first of all I don't get paid for saying this, BUT there is no other game like wurm. Some might come a little bit close but in the end... nope. there are a couple of things i do not like in wurm, but that has more to do with the way the devs are heading or what they prioritise. But the game is one of kind, and i tried almost every other so called sandbox crafty mmo out there...

they said LIF is going to be the next wurm killer. lol, then they cancelled the mmo version of it and where is it now? nothing more than better minecraft version.

Edited by hoof2000
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, hoof2000 said:

first of all I don't get paid for saying this, BUT there is no other game like wurm. Some might come a little bit close but in the end... nope. there are a couple of things i do not like in wurm, but that has more to do with the way the devs are heading or what they prioritise. But the game is one of kind, and i tried almost every other so called sandbox crafty mmo out there...

they said LIF is going to be the next wurm killer. lol, then they cancelled the mmo version of it and where is it now? nothing more than better minecraft version.

lif mmo is in beta

Life is Feudal Your Own and MMO - The terraforming is a little different than Wurm.  For example, you can dig a hole, drop a chest, and then literally bury the chest under dirt.  This is because dirt exists in layers and if you drop 10 dirt on something, you will have to dig 10 dirt to reveal it again.  This technique is used to hide valuables from raiders.  You can mine and mining caves is truly 3D.  However, it is messier than Wurm.  The crafting system is very deep and rewarding, especially alchemy, but the number of items that can be crafted is not at the same level as Wurm.  However, weapon and armor types are considerable and very authentic.  Housing is not designable.  You get a fixed number of house types.  Animal Husbandry is dismal compared to Wurm.  For example, you can catch rabbits and chickens in snares and place them in a coop to produce dung and eggs.  but they have no models in the world that you can pen and look at.  Land ownership is cheaper than in Wurm only because once you build the next level of your deed "token", you can sacrifice arrows to maintain the "upkeep" very easily.  All in all, the game is very satisfying but until they launch the MMO it is really just a multi-player medieval simulator.  

Xsyon - This game also has terraforming and I would place the terraforming mechanics somewhere in between Wurm and LIF.  The housing is very decent if you like a native american / western style.  The amount of junk you can forage in this game is nigh ridiculous and I really see the end game as nothing more than having hundreds of woven baskets full of neatly organized and categorized junk.  The crafting is very good.  There are no boats, but you can swim forever.  PVE is crazy hard.  Dying to a rodent is a real possibility for a newb player that has not mastered the tricks of fighting and maneuvering.  The community is very friendly and runs about a total of maybe 50 people between both the War and Peace servers.  Land ownership is expensive and based on the number of players in your tribe.  For a solo player, the amount of land you can have is about the size of the smallest deed in Wurm - and that's it.  You can't expand it without more people.  All in all, this game is relaxing if you can stomach the weird trees and goofy player models.

I will update this post if I can think of any others I have played.

Edited by Eyesgood
  • Like 1

Having played a lot of games similar to wurm I recommend Haven&Hearth, has a lot to offer. It's recently been made into a new game so that's nice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Niki said:

Having played a lot of games similar to wurm I recommend Haven&Hearth, has a lot to offer. It's recently been made into a new game so that's nice.

H&H is probably one of the closest games to Wurm, although maybe not to look at. (2d...at least the old version was)

It had some problems though and the 'inspiration' system is something I didn't like enough to keep me playing.

Wish we had more games where you could just go and cut trees or fish instead of always just kill-grinding monsters all day....

Life is Feudal of course!

MMO is currently in beta, will be out soon. (or at least sooner than star citizen)