Sign in to follow this  
Greyfox

Wemp to hemp

I have no idea why the name was changed.  Bad translation maybe?   But could we have the name of wemp fixed?  This is simple an immersion suggestion.   Been calling hemp wemp for years and at this point it's just silly.

Fear not as it was intended to be silly. A tongue-in-cheek way of referring to "wemp" without making any of those dreaded drug references.

A really old dev joke that existed long into Beta before I even started in 2006: extreme tail end of Beta and early Gold launch.

Far as moderation goes, aye moreof an art than a science, and highly subjective. To one person "shroom" may simply be slang for any mushroom, and to another it could be slang for a mushroom with psychoactive toxins (ie drugs).

• Like 1

Drug references in this game are not welcomed. Although hemp is not used for psychoactive purposes it does have that direct link to the smokey weed thing. So yea, no need to get the druggie politically correct advocates label attached to it. Goofy suggestion of much ado about nothing.

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes
added g somewhere

Let's just say that picking the seeds doesn't ruin it per se.. 

Wegawize it! 

I kinda like the word "wemp" better than "hemp" anyhow.

The 'W' is for 'Wurm' of course, and everyone knows that the plant goes by many names. We have also all seen the pipe in use on the cover image of WU (with supposed nicotine/addiction effects in the code), and the production of wine and tea in WO.

Wurmpedia:

Tea is a liquid beverage that can be brewed with possible influences to other player attributes that only Rolf appears to know...