Sign in to follow this  
Alexgopen

Permission System PVP Bugs

On 8/1/2016 at 10:06 PM, Alexgopen said:

Laws are upheld without live templars

Problem: Deed laws are enforced even if the deed hired no templars, or even if all of the templars are dead.  This has been very abusable by unjustly making actions impossible, and has allowed enemies to use deeds on homeservers in order to prevent their boats from being picked by defenders there.

How it used to work: Living templars were required for deed laws to be enforced, and to break the law you had to kill templars before doing illegal actions, or go unlawful and break the law, thus putting you on KOS. If the deed had no templars, then you could do whatever you wanted.

A Solution: Make deed laws take no effect on pvp servers unless there is a living templar.  Allow players the option to break the laws, with the consequence that the templars will attack them and KOS them on that deed. 

Can you also verify that this is still an issue?

Let me know the specific action that will not work or a list of actions as they may be being addressed separately.

I think there was also some issues with branded animals on pvp servers where even if you broke into an enemy deed you couldn't lead or tame or ride branded horses.
IMO this shouldn't be on pvp servers. Do not know what it used to be like and how much it changed but if anyone has more info, might be something that could be sorted or addressed.

On 8/26/2016 at 8:29 AM, Alectrys said:

Can you also verify that this is still an issue?

Let me know the specific action that will not work or a list of actions as they may be being addressed separately.

Posted in the pvp changes feedback thread about it.  Still wont let you do illegal actions such as lockpicking even when the templar is dead.  Attempting illegal actions in unlawful would stop you instead of letting you do them and KOSing you. 

On 8/1/2016 at 10:06 PM, Alexgopen said:

[Fixed on live] Can't kill mounts on same kingdom carts

Problem: You cannot kill mounts hitched to carts owned by a player in the same kingdom as you

How it used to work: You could attack any mob, regardless of if it was hitched or not

A solution: Allow attacking mounts hitched to same kingdom players' carts.  This is an anti-grief measure as the community will always work together against the griefers, while a griefer can't easily kill everyone else's hitched mounts on their own.  Giving a lone griefer invulnerable hitched mounts so they can escape safely with loot they stole from you is a horrible idea.

I'm getting conflicting reports about this one again - most say it's fixed on live, then someone reports that it results in an illegal action.

Can I get repro steps for when it works and when it results in an error?

Please indicate if your report is Epic or Chaos.

Indicate which server if Epic.

Indicate Kingdom.

Indicate if cart/vehicle is on deed or off deed.

Indicate if horses are branded or not branded - in fact a good test would be to brand one and not brand the other to see if it results in different reactions.

Indicate if lawful or unlawful makes a difference.

Please copy the exact error message you get when you cannot succesfully kill.

If you prefer to report via Forum PM, please do so and use 'Can't kill mounts on same kingdom carts' as the subject of your PM to me.

I believe a number of issues from this list have been fixed on the live servers with the recent updates and hot fixes.  If the original list can be updated with actual test results from live, it would be helpful.  Or if you'd like to start a new Epic Permission Bug List thread, I'd be happy to start following that one.

1 hour ago, Alectrys said:

I believe a number of issues from this list have been fixed on the live servers with the recent updates and hot fixes.  If the original list can be updated with actual test results from live, it would be helpful.  Or if you'd like to start a new Epic Permission Bug List thread, I'd be happy to start following that one.

What would be helpful would be if we had specific examples of what was changed, so I could know what to test.  The last changes to the test server that were supposed to fix a few of these things did not work (with the exception of catapulting), as I tested them and posted about it in the feedback thread. If that's what was pushed to the live servers, as was the case with the majority of this recent update, then the outcome would be the same as it was on the test server, that the changes did not work. 

Additionally, testing most of this stuff requires raiding an enemy deed, and that means I'd have limited time to try most of it.  I'd like to know which ones you want me to test before I have to get out when defenders arrive. 

Edited by Alexgopen
  • Like 1

ENEMY KINGDOM LOCKPICKING PERMISSIONS!!!!

HELP HELP HELP!!!!

Please you Must help me! Recently I was the victim of a heinous crime! I had a Wagon full of COOKIES! We were having a party for the departure of some JKE that went Rome and I had baked an Entire wagon full of cookies to celebrate. A BlackLighter came in the night though and broke into ma Wagon of CooKies! He turned it into HIS wagon and it was locked shut... 

The next morning the entire server of Serenity came to eat my cookies... probably thousands of people attended... and it was Locked Shut! 

Now this wagon was on our deed... and while I was pretty sure we had lockpicking permissions... it said it would be illegal to try... Thats not even my issue though... Let's say I have a templar and i'm not able to just attack my templar unprovoked... or let's say i can't find the templar... its in a locked area or the deed too big... whatever... for whatever reason I can't break laws on the deed... maybe im just a do gooder... Anywho... If my mayor was away on a trip and couldn't change permissions or was on another server or taking a hiatus...  Then essentially the deed is protecting the Enemy Kingdom Black Lighter's property... from me reclaiming it... make no mistake... when he came... it was MY wagon... and OUR cookies... but now the wagon belongs to him and is locked with a fantastic lock right in front of my nose... we can smell the goodness...but we can't even attempt to lockpick... 

A while back i had a wonderful villager named Zennie... She was a victim of the old Gbelcik... he broke in and lockpicked every one of her bsbs... fsbs... carts... wagons... the works... and put 99 ql locks on EVERYTHING.... ;/ she ended up having to move because she couldn't access any of her belongings. ;( That 1 hour of raiding completely shut her months of play down... not only did we have very few people with the skill or ability to make high ql lockpicks to even try picking... but can you imagine if her own deed told her she wasn't allowed to try even? ;( 

I propose that Enemy Owned Wagons and Carts and Boats and the like... NOT be protected by our own kingdom laws. If I'm JK... my JK guards and templars should NOT be protecting Rakki ;) while he is BL. 

Thank you... We eventually got into the wagon and all that was left were cookie crumbs. ;( 

• Like 3

On 11/5/2017 at 0:53 PM, KrisWald said:

ENEMY KINGDOM LOCKPICKING PERMISSIONS!!!!

HELP HELP HELP!!!!

Please you Must help me! Recently I was the victim of a heinous crime! I had a Wagon full of COOKIES! We were having a party for the departure of some JKE that went Rome and I had baked an Entire wagon full of cookies to celebrate. A BlackLighter came in the night though and broke into ma Wagon of CooKies! He turned it into HIS wagon and it was locked shut... 

The next morning the entire server of Serenity came to eat my cookies... probably thousands of people attended... and it was Locked Shut! 

Now this wagon was on our deed... and while I was pretty sure we had lockpicking permissions... it said it would be illegal to try... Thats not even my issue though... Let's say I have a templar and i'm not able to just attack my templar unprovoked... or let's say i can't find the templar... its in a locked area or the deed too big... whatever... for whatever reason I can't break laws on the deed... maybe im just a do gooder... Anywho... If my mayor was away on a trip and couldn't change permissions or was on another server or taking a hiatus...  Then essentially the deed is protecting the Enemy Kingdom Black Lighter's property... from me reclaiming it... make no mistake... when he came... it was MY wagon... and OUR cookies... but now the wagon belongs to him and is locked with a fantastic lock right in front of my nose... we can smell the goodness...but we can't even attempt to lockpick... 

A while back i had a wonderful villager named Zennie... She was a victim of the old Gbelcik... he broke in and lockpicked every one of her bsbs... fsbs... carts... wagons... the works... and put 99 ql locks on EVERYTHING.... ;/ she ended up having to move because she couldn't access any of her belongings. ;( That 1 hour of raiding completely shut her months of play down... not only did we have very few people with the skill or ability to make high ql lockpicks to even try picking... but can you imagine if her own deed told her she wasn't allowed to try even? ;( 

I propose that Enemy Owned Wagons and Carts and Boats and the like... NOT be protected by our own kingdom laws. If I'm JK... my JK guards and templars should NOT be protecting Rakki ;) while he is BL. 

Thank you... We eventually got into the wagon and all that was left were cookie crumbs. ;( 

As a Blacklighter, +1

New permission system prevents anyone from breaking laws on same kingdom deeds, when they are supposed to be able to by going unlawful. 

Just adding that I went hunted for attempting to groom a horse on a friendly deed while lawful was turned on.

Fun times.

• Like 1

bump, updated the original post with bugs that are confirmed to still exist.  The old original post has been left as well because many of the old bugs reported there have not been tested since, and may or may not still exist.