Sign in to follow this  
Allenkey

Enchanted trees giving 2x fruit weight

I would like to suggest, as title says, that enchanted trees could be harvestable and have 2x the amount of fruit harvested from them... 

Enchant spell would make this awesome, especially with the new transmute tiles :)

• Like 5

I think a more in-depth system of tending an orchard.  where the default is 1 fruit, but if well tended (not regularly tended) on a regular basis would improve the quality and quantity of fruit.

• Like 2

+1

Ever since the change that made enchanted trees cuttable, they've served practically no use 

i agree, personally I would love if they just extended the enchant and included crop.  So you would get a "perfect" crop.  or better yet make that a Fo spell.

Additionally they need to revamp Refresh, because it's just to damn powerful.  it needs like 5 levels where each level is a +20% to food, nutrition and water.  not 20% a +20% on the current.  This would still make it highly useful, but make the more powerful versions limited to the people who have put in the time.

Edited by Tallios

This thread could be titled "Enchanted Trees Giving Literally Anything" and I'd approve of it.

wurmseal-corpsepile-full.png

• Like 3

Personally harvest weights and amounts should be tied to the skill used: gardening, forestry, or whatever.

• Like 3

lol at that seal of approval... +1 I hate that enchanted trees seem to be useless.

+1.  If an enchanted tree could give double harvest, or just normal harvest my grape vines would all be enchanted.

And I would not need to spend time pruning and replanting them that way.

2 hours ago, Klaa said:

Personally harvest weights and amounts should be tied to the skill used: gardening, forestry, or whatever.

Right now, even QL is barely based on forestry skill. The difficulty of it goes up as your skill does, counteracting your skill a bit, and at very high skill, increasing your skill can actually reduce average QL of harvested fruit.

4 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

Right now, even QL is barely based on forestry skill. The difficulty of it goes up as your skill does, counteracting your skill a bit, and at very high skill, increasing your skill can actually reduce average QL of harvested fruit.

Forestry and fruit growing would be a lot nicer if there was a tend feature that worked a lot like crops.  Thus allowing people who want to be growers the ability to actually produce product.  Enchant tree is probably just best removed.  In it's place, it could be an Enchant Crop/Tree which acts like a perfect tending that lasts several days.

Exactly, if it was more akin to farming, it would be so much nicer. Especially in regard to return on investment.

Pruning for example could be expanded more into the aforementioned "tending" mechanic.

On 8/7/2016 at 9:27 AM, Klaa said:

Exactly, if it was more akin to farming, it would be so much nicer. Especially in regard to return on investment.

Pruning for example could be expanded more into the aforementioned "tending" mechanic.

This would kind of screw over anyone who goes out and harvests wild fruit, though.. so this would be a bit problematic.

I don't really think a change that serious is needed, anyway. Maybe allow higher-Forestry characters a chance to get two or more fruits per tree, and have the difficulty not scale with skill so much, and the problems would essentially be solved.

26 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

This would kind of screw over anyone who goes out and harvests wild fruit, though.. so this would be a bit problematic.

I don't really think a change that serious is needed, anyway. Maybe allow higher-Forestry characters a chance to get two or more fruits per tree, and have the difficulty not scale with skill so much, and the problems would essentially be solved.

The whole point is to offer people who regularly tend a field of trees or grapes a benefit for the time, effort and possibly deed space.  There is no "profitable" way to run a orchard, or vineyard.  Not when random wanderer can easily get 10 - 100 times what a dedicated grower could ever get.  Also it would provide a means to control to some degree quality of product.

16 hours ago, Tallios said:

The whole point is to offer people who regularly tend a field of trees or grapes a benefit for the time, effort and possibly deed space.  There is no "profitable" way to run a orchard, or vineyard.  Not when random wanderer can easily get 10 - 100 times what a dedicated grower could ever get.  Also it would provide a means to control to some degree quality of product.

Is any of that really a bad thing, though? I like the idea of having resources you can gather by traveling the wilderness. We need more things to incentivize that, if anything, not less.

16 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

Is any of that really a bad thing, though? I like the idea of having resources you can gather by traveling the wilderness. We need more things to incentivize that, if anything, not less.

I'm not against having things that people can wander and collect, but specifically as a farming aspect. I believe there should be better controls on consistently managed and tended product.  Now I'm not against people wandering and gathering.  I would just like an incentive to someone who specifically does raise an orchard.  For those who like to wander, I think wild bees and humanoids who drop weapons and armor that can be scrapped would be very nice.

I don't think anybody really "tends" trees or bushes regularly irl except for spraying insecticides and cutting dry/dead leaves and branches or for decorative purposes. That's just not a thing afaik.

However, collecting 1 olive per tree, of 0.2kg of grapes per 16mis DUMB. Hear me, @Rolf, please hear me.

Always for some use to enchanted trees anyway, of course. +1

Edited by zigozag
  • Like 2