Sign in to follow this  
Tallios

Merchants that can purchase

Recommended Posts

Would there ever be a consideration for a merchant that could purchase items for a fixed price for a deed?  We have posting trades, but why not purchase trades?

 

And before anyone gives me any crap about it diminishing involvement.  I'd like to point out the fact that many people run off and don't bother to trade in small things because...

 

it's a huge pain in the ass!

 

I would still hold it to the current limit of slots that a merchant has which I believe is 40?  But this would give people a reason to have merchants other than loot holders.   Maybe even have a local message that pops up having the merchant ask if the player has X he is willing to sell.

 

I would personally keep it simple, a set item, and a set price.  Possibly a quality level threshold?

Edited by Tallios
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

very interesting idea me like

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a lot of us can agree merchants need to be updated, some ideas were tossed around awhile back from a staff member. I personally would like if those ideas were implemented or expanded upon. The ability to sell more on a merchant makes sense though, also like the ability to find items on merchants easier if some sort of framework was implemented, like a auction house but you still need to travel to pick those items up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Niki said:

I think a lot of us can agree merchants need to be updated, some ideas were tossed around awhile back from a staff member. I personally would like if those ideas were implemented or expanded upon. The ability to sell more on a merchant makes sense though, also like the ability to find items on merchants easier if some sort of framework was implemented, like a auction house but you still need to travel to pick those items up.

 

I also asked that maybe a merchant could be placed in a structure and the allow that structure to be flagged as a "store" allowing you to sell anything in that store.  including items from FSB's and BSB's.

 

I'm beggin for table scraps at this point.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a terribly bad idea if the DEVS are able to code that well enough. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would even suffer for awhile with the simple.

 

Item to purchase and a set price, and you just do that for up to 40 items.  Don't bother with the QL check yet.

 

I love wurm, there is nothing else like it.  But man they are falling a little to far behind.  And I'm not even talking about the complications of PVP mechanics.  Simple, simple things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Tallios said:

 

I also asked that maybe a merchant could be placed in a structure and the allow that structure to be flagged as a "store" allowing you to sell anything in that store.  including items from FSB's and BSB's.

 

I'm beggin for table scraps at this point.

 

I would definitely do this!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1

 

It reminds me of the Horizons game.  You could buy a lot and start building.  And you could set up storage silos where other players could come along and sell construction items to it for a set price.  They could also do building work for a set price too.

 

I could post a merchant to buy bricks and mortar, with money on it to pay for it.  And then put it out on the forums and people who want to sell it could sail on over and unload.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 

 

The UI would have to allow for minimum/maximum QLs to be set on the purchase option but thats not likely to be hard work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Minobu Tetsuhara said:

+1

 

It reminds me of the Horizons game.  You could buy a lot and start building.  And you could set up storage silos where other players could come along and sell construction items to it for a set price.  They could also do building work for a set price too.

 

I could post a merchant to buy bricks and mortar, with money on it to pay for it.  And then put it out on the forums and people who want to sell it could sail on over and unload.

 

Well I know a lot of people are gun-shy about allowing Bulk sales remotely.  This would further polarize trade and almost certainly lead to less people playing, as I know many people who's subscription is solely based on selling of goods.  Bulk merchants that would almost certainly be implemented would need a serious logistical limitation to maintain practicality for other crafters and traders,  

 

My evidence are places like Glasshollow.  Which while very impressive, also show that when someone dominates a trade then it will cause others to suffer.  People are willing to sail to glasshollow, but not elsewhere.  While I would love to be able to do this, there would have to be limits as I stated above, something that costs more to maintain and not just coin.  A Physical limitation, even if it's nothing more than 1,000 items per tile/floor dedicated to the trader/merchants store for storage.

 

3 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

+1 

 

The UI would have to allow for minimum/maximum QLs to be set on the purchase option but thats not likely to be hard work.

 

This would be ideal, but I'd like a simple trade space first.  The ability to list the top 40 items needed by you quality notwithstanding would be awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this