Sign in to follow this  
Tuga

After 8 rifts, ZERO loot

I have been to every rift besides the last one (a bit to late for me) since they were released. I have never gotten anything and always finish the rifts with either phenomenal or one below it. Now when I say I have never won anything that is not to say I don't get the lump at the end but I don't count that as it is a pity lump. 

How about you make an agreement with the group u go with. If tge people u are going with are fruends who are not greedy then they would understand without thr extra help they might not be abke to get anything at all. Make an agreement to create a fair split of loot amoung your group. If you do it this way then RNG for getting anything works better with more people you have as a group and then u split it fairly.

38 minutes ago, MaurizioAM said:

How about you make an agreement with the group u go with. If tge people u are going with are fruends who are not greedy then they would understand without thr extra help they might not be abke to get anything at all. Make an agreement to create a fair split of loot amoung your group. If you do it this way then RNG for getting anything works better with more people you have as a group and then u split it fairly.

Haha! I had a good laught there, how do you plan to do that on a public event when the invitation note is a giant red beam in the sky.

Rifts right now are a mess loot wise. And even more annoying since the only way to get the shoulder pads is to either attend to them and hope for the RNG to do something or buy them from the lucky ones who sell them right after the rift end.

Yes, wurm tend to give a lot of loot, but as usual with a silly RNG system, either to the same persons or never to the one who actually do things.

We are going more and more away from what the rifts where on the test server.

So here what i suggested to budda a while back, a personal loot counter (which could easilly work with the mission)

DNO1GDL.jpg

Idea is simple, every mobs count, you still have a RNG based chance to get something, but a 100/100 you are supposed to get something. Tweaking the amount of points per mobs according to their difficulty / whatever is a proper way to limit a loot shower. But right now, seeing how many mobs we have 2% per creature would get us to 3 items per rifts for the unlucky fellas (and the amount of loot can always be hard capped per rifts).

RNG sucks, Rifts are loosing their interest / main point, Players want to have something in the end. Fix it plox.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mark said:

I'm sorry, but boo hoo. This isn't WoW where you only get things from killing things, this is Wurm where we make all our own gear, the reward should be the event, not the shiny at the end. Make your own shiny.

Boo hoo to you toooo: -1

7 hours ago, Odynn said:

RNG sucks, Rifts are loosing their interest / main point, Players want to have something in the end. Fix it plox.

Rift is another one of those "interesting design choices". Individual effort is being measured, but that doesn't matter at all. Question is, how to fix it, without flooding the servers with rift loot and making things fair?

Some games have solved this by making loot nodrop/notrade, this way they reward players individually, but things stay out of markets.. Some games give you a token at the end of encounter based on effort, get n amount of tokens which you can then exchange for the armorpiece your wanting. Would it be something that would be fitting to Wurm tho? IMO nope.. Wurm never was a theme park gear grinder and it shouldn't become one. Those, who tell, that rewards aren't important, are fooling ... not sure whom, themselves, or the devs. in PvE encounters rewards are main motivator, once the novelty wears off.

That all said, rifts(as they are in game currently) should have never been introduced, it is another addition like release of WU was, which creates only more problems ontop of the ones we already have, instead of solving much.

• Like 1