Sign in to follow this  
Joeix

recurring lags

Few days ago, wurm become pretty unplayable to me due to recurring heavy lags. For few minutes, all is ok, for few minutes wurm is completely unresponsive. All other applications, games, streaming, voicechat work normally, so this must be really related to wurm's data traffic infrastructure, specifically - hetzner is lagging.

Here is my current traceroute (tracert freedom003.game.wurmonline.com)

1     2 ms    < 1 ms     3 ms  {local address}
  2     6 ms     8 ms     7 ms  {ISP address}
  3    11 ms     7 ms     9 ms  {ISP address}
  4     7 ms     7 ms     7 ms  {ISP address}
  5    10 ms    11 ms    11 ms  gw-voip.eurosignal.cz [77.78.84.241]
  6     6 ms     7 ms    10 ms  v4008-j1r.sit.prg.uvt.cz [109.205.72.245]
  7    44 ms    44 ms    15 ms  u185-52-172-129.ispalliance.cz [185.52.172.129]

8    15 ms    11 ms     8 ms  br-c-5820c3.ispalliance.cz [185.52.172.97]
  9  2261 ms  2249 ms  2309 ms  hetzner.interxionfra4.nl-ix.net [193.239.117.110]
 10  2305 ms  2143 ms  2331 ms  core24.hetzner.de [213.239.203.150]
 11  2197 ms     *        *     ex9k2.rz20.hetzner.de [213.239.229.14]
 12  2327 ms  2354 ms  2307 ms  freedom003.game.wurmonline.com [148.251.21.196]

All I can do is sit on my deed and do things in the time frames where there is no lag, going into any fight is certain death due to lags, that can occur any time and are present for several minutes, before situation gets to normal again.

Can you do something so help?

Edited by Joeix

problem persisting, I cannot really play my 2 prem accounts.

any help?

do you have alot of things at your deed?  Animals and such?  not saying that is the full issue but some have had problems there.  Have you done a speed test on your internet connection?  curious to see if you are being slowed there.   You should also check to see if all your things are up to date. WIndows, Video and Java.  Be sure to turn off any background programs not needed.   Is your anti-virus running?  I have had where Windows is updating and installing in the background while I play and it does cause me lag.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Lolabelle said:

do you have alot of things at your deed?  Animals and such?  not saying that is the full issue but some have had problems there.  Have you done a speed test on your internet connection?  curious to see if you are being slowed there.   You should also check to see if all your things are up to date. WIndows, Video and Java.  Be sure to turn off any background programs not needed.   Is your anti-virus running?  I have had where Windows is updating and installing in the background while I play and it does cause me lag.

Thank you for you advices, but this has nothing to do with wurm client, nor my PC(s). This is a network/server issue on   hetzner.interxionfra4.nl-ix.net , Hetzner being the hosting company running wurm servers. Networks lags to that server occur even when there is no wurm client running, and I see them occuring from both of my PCs at the same time.

My internet connection is fine, other online games/services work normally all the time.

Indeed, looks like an issue on hetzner.interxionfra4.nl-ix.net to me. Note it's on a router owned by nl-ix.net, prolly from Interxion in Frankfurt where they interface to the Hetzner network. I suggest you inform your Internet service provider.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Edited by Lolabelle

Lag is occuring no more, they fixed the router/server "somewhere in the internet". 

Thanks all for your advices

I am having a similar issue to you now

I came back to see if you still had this issue. I wish folks would not start blaming everything when you posted a traceroute which clearly shows the hop into Hetzner as a problem.

Be as it may, it was a temporary problem, mine is now a little different...

• Like 1