Sign in to follow this  
Shylo

Which server is the safest for a newbie?

I'm just getting ready to leave the tutorial and was wondering which server had the least amount of creatures. Was wanting a safe place to learn before going out on my own.

I am playing on Xanadu. I think it is a pretty good sever, has the most players on. I started at glass hollow, the is a fairly active settlement right by there.

Edited by rad28092

As long as you are near a guard tower you should be pretty safe.  Xanadu is the largest and I hear it has a lower mob density than the other servers, but it may be lacking in pre-existing guard towers to retreat to for safety. 

Regardless of which server you pick, if you put the time in to make either a deed with a spirit templar guard, join an existing deed, or build a guard tower with 500 bricks, clay, and 100 planks, you should be fairly safe. 

There are mobs around the area, I have died twice, but it happens, not sure about compared to other severs, but in the glasshollow area there are usually guards nearby

Enough for people who want to hunt but not bad for new people.

If you want to just spawn at Linton and i can show you some nice place to build.

In game name is Equinox.

Edited by bachos
more info

I decided on the Amish Estats.  I can learn pretty much what I need to without leaving the property.  I can keep away from those nasty mean creatures lol.  Thanks for your input you guys are great!

10 minutes ago, UnknownOrganism said:

elevation is pretty safe nobody plays there anymore

I'd go with southern Xanadu, as his community is active and the south has very few aggressive mobs, maybe Linton or Newsprings.

Deliverance. One of my favorite servers quiet but populated enough. Many nice players on server. Decent hunting on certain parts of the map. Good starting location.

Joining an existing village that takes in new players is a good idea.

Aside from that, starting at Newspring on Xanadu might be wise. There are very few hostile creatures compared to most other places, and it's one big island, so if you get lost it's easy to regain your bearings.