Vyolette

Bug reports!

Posted (edited)

i think is because it Freedom.. needs to be set of in an area with no kingdom influence..

Edited by bigsteve

On 1/2/2019 at 3:31 AM, bigsteve said:

i think is because it Freedom.. needs to be set of in an area with no kingdom influence..

Hmm.  Do you know if there's any way for me to create a no-kingdom zone on a Freedom server?

On 1/2/2019 at 12:36 PM, Batta said:

This is still not working on our server - is it still awaiting a fix, or is it just something we're doing wrong?  I planted it more than 500 tiles from any land at all, it heated up, then nothing.  I got a message:

The server is entirely Freedom.

You need to be more than 200 tiles away from server border to plant it. Also area of 61x61 tiles around the wand can't be on deed, in perimeter, above sea level or contain any bridges.

On 1/2/2019 at 1:31 PM, bigsteve said:

This is wrong, you can use them on freedom server. Only limitation is that all tiles in range have to be either of the same kingdom as the user or no kingdom at all - which will always be true on a freedom home server.

5 hours ago, bdew said:

This is wrong, you can use them on freedom server. Only limitation is that all tiles in range have to be either of the same kingdom as the user or no kingdom at all - which will always be true on a freedom home server.

Good to know. I wonder why it doesn't work for me then?  The whole server is Freedom, and I tried it way out in the northern ocean where there was no land within visual range.

15 hours ago, Batta said:

Good to know. I wonder why it doesn't work for me then?  The whole server is Freedom, and I tried it way out in the northern ocean where there was no land within visual range.

Did you read my other post? Were you less than 200 tiles from server border by chance? :P

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bdew said:

Did you read my other post? Were you less than 200 tiles from server border by chance? :P

Oops, I missed that one!  Off to try again.  Thanks

EDIT:  It worked!  

Edited by Batta

I am having a problem using keys with locked containers. It's probably easiest to go straight to the example...

-> I am on a PVE server where stealing is not allowed
-> I have a deed with pickup permission turned OFF ...
-> on it I have a building with may enter / pickup / load / unload permissions turned ON ...
-> inside I have a crate rack secured to the ground and fitted with a small padlock ...

If I manage the container (crate rack) and add a non-citizen player with may-open permission.  He can open the container and transfer items out of it.  Everything in that instance works as you would expect it to.

However, If I DO NOT set the container permissions and give the player the key instead, he can only look inside the container, any attempt to remove an item gets a 'no stealing' notice.

If that player uses the key to place items into the container .. he can remove only the items he placed inside.

I did the same tests with a large chest as well and got the same results
I also logged out the deed owner (owner of the items in the containers) to eliminate any proximity ownership.
----------
It would appear that the code for removing an item from a container is not doing a check for a matching key when evaluating permissions.  

From the wiki: www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Permissions
"Keys are entirely optional, with the choice to create copies remaining for situations where you may not wish to use the permission system."

When I read that it sounds like they 'may-open' permission and the use of a key should have the same functionality

I would consider this a bug if the function of the key is supposed to be an alternative to setting permissions, and (in the case of the key) viewing without interacting seems to be a mostly useless function.
Edited by Minion_II
fixed formatting