Sign in to follow this  
Vyolette

Bug reports!

Latest client live update version 1.5.0.1 for wurm unlimited

MAJOR BUG that should never have gotten past beta

Cave textures DO NOT RENDER, hence forth you can not do any mining due to there is nothing there to click. boundary of the mine are still there.

Also if there is a mine door when the mine opens it crashes the client. If someone logged out in the mine and or near a mine door they can not log in due to client crashing upon login

Cave textures DO NOT RENDER, hence forth you can not do any mining due to there is nothing there to click. boundary of the mine are still there.

I experimented same bug I think so it's a client side bug..I reinstall the game but nothing...

20171011023816_1.jpg

Edited by Maelux

My client log shows the following:

Exception in thread "Job executor 0" java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.wurmonline.client.game.CaveDataBuffer.getNoisyTile(CaveDataBuffer.java:798)
    at com.wurmonline.client.renderer.cave.CaveTileData.tesselate(CaveTileData.java:565)
    at com.wurmonline.client.renderer.cave.CaveTileData.rebuild(CaveTileData.java:256)
    at com.wurmonline.client.renderer.cave.CaveTileData.render(CaveTileData.java:152)
    at com.wurmonline.client.renderer.cave.CaveRender.render(CaveRender.java:107)
    at com.wurmonline.client.renderer.cave.CaveRender.execute(CaveRender.java:379)
    at com.wurmonline.client.job.Executor.run(Executor.java:86)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Odd that you are having this cave texture and door bug.  I have a stone cave door on our public mine, we have been in and out of it all night without issues and the caves have no missing textures.  The server I am on is running no mods, so perhaps it is a mod issue or perhaps a bad patching for your server.

22007305_770597226444553_444917826016966@Maelux I see the same thing after it crushed me.

Edited by Luka

14 hours ago, Fopfumaster said:

Latest client live update version 1.5.0.1 for wurm unlimited

MAJOR BUG that should never have gotten past beta

Also if there is a mine door when the mine opens it crashes the client. If someone logged out in the mine and or near a mine door they can not log in due to client crashing upon login

6 hours ago, Luka said:

22007305_770597226444553_444917826016966@Maelux I see the same thing after it crushed me.

14 hours ago, Jayren said:

My client log shows the following:

Exception in thread "Job executor 0" java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.wurmonline.client.game.CaveDataBuffer.getNoisyTile(CaveDataBuffer.java:798)
    at com.wurmonline.client.renderer.cave.CaveTileData.tesselate(CaveTileData.java:565)
    at com.wurmonline.client.renderer.cave.CaveTileData.rebuild(CaveTileData.java:256)
    at com.wurmonline.client.renderer.cave.CaveTileData.render(CaveTileData.java:152)
    at com.wurmonline.client.renderer.cave.CaveRender.render(CaveRender.java:107)
    at com.wurmonline.client.renderer.cave.CaveRender.execute(CaveRender.java:379)
    at com.wurmonline.client.job.Executor.run(Executor.java:86)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

I run the server without mods but the bug persist. I replace cave map and rock layer maps from my server by the originals. If I create a new tunnel on anywhere,  bug appears (cave walls not render)...

Anyone know what graphics file or part of the code cause this problem and if we can replace it to fix the render problem?

in case of not:

Some way to uninstall the patch from our servers, and come back to install it? (Linux headless in my case)

Thanks

I know we ran into a similar issue on a server before (holes in the ground where there used to be minedoors that kill people) but this was caused by putting in a new rock layer file on an existing map. It happened on any tile that had a mine door on it and we had to fix each case manually by going there and painting the tile back into rock. I can't remember the exact process we used to do it as it was a while ago now but I know it was possible. Make sure something isn't messed up with your map files..

Edited by raidsoft

15 minutes ago, raidsoft said:

I know we ran into a similar issue on a server before (holes in the ground where there used to be minedoors that kill people) but this was caused by putting in a new rock layer file on an existing map. It happened on any tile that had a mine door on it and we had to fix each case manually by going there and painting the tile back into rock. I can't remember the exact process we used to do it as it was a while ago now but I know it was possible. Make sure something isn't messed up with your map files..

thanks I hope that your experience help other cases...In case of my server, can resume it in simple words ...The server not load walls inside mines. I also tested to repairing walls and remake the tunnels as GM. But the problem affected  both at old mines as new.

Grettings

We had the issue with the holes in the world but that just insta killed you if you tried to enter an old mine.

We did have to reset the cave layer a while back as our server all of a sudden had no undiscovered ore.

So after we filled in all the open cave openings everything has been perfect.

So on this update New mines seem to have graphics where the old mines don't.  But we still get crashes when we get close to the mine entrances.

Edited by Jayren

I installed the latest patch from last night. Removed the Flags.map file and the crash issue seems to be fixed.

4 hours ago, Jayren said:

I installed the latest patch from last night. Removed the Flags.map file and the crash issue seems to be fixed.

what is the Flags.map file for?

Has anyone figured out how to fix the cave rendering bug yet? And if so how is it done?

Oh wow, I'm so relieved to find out it's not just my server having this problem. Everything was perfectly fine until the 1.5 update. Now, many mines on the server are totally fine, but all the mines in at least 2 major areas (near the Meadow, and near Central Lakes) are bugged.  When we create new mines even 50-60 tiles away from the bugged ones, they are also bugged. 

Just to clarify since others have asked, we didn't have moonmetal mining mod or cavedwelling tweaks mod up yet when the problem began. Last night I removed all our mods at the same time, uninstalled then reinstalled the modlauncher, then patched the changes. I ran the server 100% vanilla, but even that didn't fix it. The mine problem was still there on a totally mod-less server.  We are using the Ocrea map without any custom map stuff. 

Early this morning I added back all the mods and included moonmetal mining with the vein caps turned off.  Nothing I've tried has made any difference at all, so far.

When we go into the mine, LiveMap shows the tunnels and ores exactly the same as before this glitch. We can walk around and bump into walls, except that we can't see the walls. The items in the mine - forges, lamps, etc. - we can click on or even remove, but there are no wall, floor, or ceiling tiles to click on. 

29215FB6AE4A3C0518F6829C84C5FBDB0E4A3A93

@frozenjim

Edited by Batta

10 minutes ago, Batta said:

Oh wow, I'm so relieved to find out it's not just my server having this problem. Just to clarify since others have asked, we didn't have moonmetal mining mod or cavedwelling tweaks mod up yet when the problem happened. Last night I removed all our mods at the same time, uninstalled then reinstalled the modlauncher, then patched the changes. I ran the server 100% vanilla, but even that didn't fix it. The mine problem was still there on a totally mod-less server.

Early this morning I added back all the mods and included moonmetal mining with the vein caps turned off.  Nothing I've tried has made any difference at all, so far.

When we go into the mine, LiveMap shows the tunnels and ores exactly the same as before this glitch. We can walk around and bump into walls, except that we can't see the walls. The items in the mine - forges, lamps, etc. - we can click on or even remove, but there are no wall, floor, or ceiling tiles to click on. 

Many mines on the server are totally fine, but all the mines in at least 2 major areas (near the Meadow, and near Central Lakes) are bugged.

29215FB6AE4A3C0518F6829C84C5FBDB0E4A3A93

Batta we use the default map no mods at all never heard of this live map thing. The mines from South center (Litocania)to the center regions are all glitched and all new mines end up glitched as well. wondering if the cave texture file got messed up on the update. I have no way of fixing the file or even looking at the file since our server is a hosted server. We do not want to wipe cause we spend several weeks getting the server ready to unlock. Redoing the starter towns and fixing several locations through out the server as well as making up quests for people to find and complete

Still no insights about the mine problem?  We've discovered that it's almost the entire lower half of the Ocrea map, including any new mines we try to open.  The north half is fine, though.

Had several users report tuning forks were not returning the correct values. Upon further investigation it's not that they are reporting the wrong value but each time you use a tuning fork it is reducing the quantity of ore in the vein by an incremental count. Say you have 50 hits in an ada vein use the tuning fork now you have 40.

EDIT: Additionally we had during map generation LONG ago some ada and glim veins had more than 50 hits. This was a generation issue not a game issue I know however since 1.5 they all seem to have reset to 50. For undiscovered veins this is great but for some discovered ones not so much once someone already knew how much was in the vein.

Edited by LifesaverM
Adt'l Info

In Wurm unlimited I'm the mayor of our town.

We branded and named our horses. Now one of our venerable, branded horses died (of old age) and I'm unable to do anything with the corpse.

I equipped my shovel, butchering knife but I can't bury or butcher it. I can't even move it.

I'm the mayor of the town so I can't even grant myself more access to be able to do it.

How do we solve this other than having to reboot the server?

8 hours ago, Aglarele said:

In Wurm unlimited I'm the mayor of our town.

We branded and named our horses. Now one of our venerable, branded horses died (of old age) and I'm unable to do anything with the corpse.

I equipped my shovel, butchering knife but I can't bury or butcher it. I can't even move it.

I'm the mayor of the town so I can't even grant myself more access to be able to do it.

How do we solve this other than having to reboot the server?

Sometimes this happens, and can be resolved just by logging out and back in again.

Wondering why since 1.5 Update we are getting client crashes (Wurm Not responding). Console menu has SEVERE: Input does not appear to be an Ogg bitstream. As soon as I command my cart and move. seems to be worse when trying to run more than one character. Any ideas? I do know I'm not the only player that has had this issue.

1 hour ago, rayneshine said:

Wondering why since 1.5 Update we are getting client crashes (Wurm Not responding). Console menu has SEVERE: Input does not appear to be an Ogg bitstream. As soon as I command my cart and move. seems to be worse when trying to run more than one character. Any ideas? I do know I'm not the only player that has had this issue.

Because the new client is not very stable yet.

Because the new client is not very stable yet.

Not sure what you mean. the 1.5 patch isn't stable? or my player/client isn't stable?

Yep I tried to relog, but that didn't work. Even switched the settlement stake around to see if switching the mayor would help.

We had to do an entire server reboot before I could butcher the poor creature.

On 11/12/2017 at 4:39 AM, Batta said:

Sometimes this happens, and can be resolved just by logging out and back in again.

5 hours ago, Aglarele said:

Yep I tried to relog, but that didn't work. Even switched the settlement stake around to see if switching the mayor would help.

We had to do an entire server reboot before I could butcher the poor creature.

Another thing that works is to ask the GM to summon the corpse even half a tile from its current position.

On 16.11.2017 at 9:48 PM, rayneshine said:

Not sure what you mean. the 1.5 patch isn't stable? or my player/client isn't stable?

As he said and you repeated, the new client

If a new patch is out, it also affect the client (most time)

But ok, i dont know this, because my client seems stable and i got no messages about client crashes from my players

Eject

Edited by Eject