Sign in to follow this  
Vyolette

Bug reports!

Players looking like they are not standing on house floors is still an issue. The player sees himself as standing above the floor, other players do not.

Sinking into the floors.

sinking_floor.jpg

The screenshot is from a house inside a cave.

Unexpected crash while setting up login The error was: <Could not start SteamApi Shutting down (Steam is not Running)>

It's possible you might figure out what's wrong from the log file below, but if you can't, post the full log on the wurm unlimited forums, and someone else might be able to help you.

Contents of temporary launch log:
Time is Thu Feb 02 14:45:30 EST 2017
Running client version 

=== System information ===
Executing from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\
Operating system: Windows 7 (arch: amd64, version: 6.1)
Java version: 1.8.0_60 (Oracle Corporation) <http://java.oracle.com/>
Jvm version: 25.60-b23 (Oracle Corporation) [Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM]
Available CPUs: 2

====== CLIENT CRASH ======
Unexpected crash while setting up login
java.lang.Throwable: Could not start SteamApi Shutting down (Steam is not Running)
    at com.wurmonline.client.launcherfx.WurmMain.start(WurmMain.java:174)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication1$163(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runAndWait$176(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$null$174(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$175(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
    at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$null$149(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

46 minutes ago, athamoboy said:

Unexpected crash while setting up login The error was: <Could not start SteamApi Shutting down (Steam is not Running)>

(Steam is not Running) That is not a bug,

• Like 1

Throwing this out here for other admins who might want to add their own fix to this bug.

It seems to be an undocumented feature that you can ban IP ranges (yeah, we had the misfortune of having to do this for the first time). Either way, if you ban 192.168.1.* and someone unfortunate enough to have an IP address of a length that makes the following trip:

Players.getIpBanned()
	else if (lBip.ipaddress.substring(0, dots).equals(ip.substring(0, dots)))

...well, the consequence is that the user cannot log in.

A fix could for instance look something like (it even looks prettier):

Players.getIpBanned()
	else if (ip.startsWith(lBip.ipaddress.substring(0, dots)))

Edited by Friya

Recent bug ive came across... Standing within GM Created 'Fog Layer' Focus Zones for extended periods of time leads to a server disconnect, I retested this with numerous scenarios... narrowing it down to the Fog causing the DC.... by creating a small Fog focus zone and going afk in it, I get DC'd usually every 15-20 minutes... standing outside that Fog Focus Zone.. I can stay in for un-measurable amounts of time... I don't EVER get disconnect problems... but as soon as I afk in a Fog layer... DC'd every time.

A player was hunting spiders with his tamed troll. The spider got no damage and now the troll is death :)

this is since the last patch.

Eject

add: it seems the bug is not in the spiders its in the trolls, now the player was attacking another troll, but the troll deals no damage

Edited by Eject

When "Show item material suffix" is not checked, meat type is not shown, either in inventory or fsb. it just shows as "meat"

On 1/14/2017 at 3:53 PM, Jukken said:

Players looking like they are not standing on house floors is still an issue. The player sees himself as standing above the floor, other players do not.

Sinking into the floors.

sinking_floor.jpg

The screenshot is from a house inside a cave.

This is a known and low-priority issue.

please fix the troll and bear bug

i had to not allow players hunting trolls and bears because bugusing (fs) this is very important

Eject

20 minutes ago, Eject said:

i had to not allow players hunting trolls and bears because bugusing (fs) this is very important

Eject

There is no bug for most of us. Are you using pingperfect too?

nope, and i know there are other serveradmins too with the same problem since the last patch

fixed our server by turning off the combat feature enhancement.

On 3/12/2017 at 11:54 AM, Eject said:

Eject

Fixed our server by turning off the combat feature enhancement.

yeah, we found it out too, but the bug is still here ;)

Edited by Eject

next one

a player figured out, if you have a house with a bridge down to the ground from any floor above.....if you ride up with a large cart and the horses have horseshoes, so the cart falls down, if they have no horseshoes, the cart keep on the second floor in the house.

he testet it with switching horses from two carts, one cart the horses have horseshoes, the other cart with horses without horseshoes.

Eject

Edited by Eject

if you check for emails in the spirit castle, the sorting of the list by name dont work

jjMGZDU.png

this is very bad if you get 100s of mails because a event and can sort out the sendings

Eject

Edited by Eject

One of my players gave two catfishs in a FSB (ql 46 weight 10-12 kg)

Than he dragged it back into the inventory and both fishs got a weight of 25Kg each, he was also able to filet the whole 50kg.

Eject

Edited by Eject

Currently, several players with Animal Husbandry skill over 50 (even over 70) are facing the similar problem. It was noticed that animals (horses and buffalo only) die without any reasons (healthy and fat). Miscarriages happen very often and sometimes lead to death of the mother, again without any visible reasons, all animals are with good reserves of fat, they are not venerable and groomed well. In other words, we see the high animal mortality not only with the pregnant animals. It's not related with the server reboots.

Wurm Unlimited: Dedicated Server - v. 1.3.5.5

Vanilla - No mods

Skillgain for anything that produces liquid has been scaled by the amount of liquid created.

This doesn't seem to be the case for lye:

45kg : Natural substances increased by 0.0065 to 20.5503

5kg : Natural substances increased by 0.0065 to 20.5568

On 6/3/2017 at 9:10 AM, Boyar said:

Currently, several players with Animal Husbandry skill over 50 (even over 70) are facing the similar problem. It was noticed that animals (horses and buffalo only) die without any reasons (healthy and fat). Miscarriages happen very often and sometimes lead to death of the mother, again without any visible reasons, all animals are with good reserves of fat, they are not venerable and groomed well. In other words, we see the high animal mortality not only with the pregnant animals. It's not related with the server reboots.

Wurm Unlimited: Dedicated Server - v. 1.3.5.5

Vanilla - No mods

If off deed misscaraiges happen quite often, are you breeding on deed?

@Boyartaking pregnant horses off deed is ill advised. The reason for this limitation has to do with Wurm's long battle with trying to limit how many animals players keep. The animal limiting mechanics of WO transferred over into WU. 

Keep you deed-animal-ratio above 15 and make sure no more then 2 animals can end up on the same tile (basicly one pregnant mother per a tile).

Now if your seeing high death rates of healthy males and nonpregnant females off deed that does sound wrong.

That's strange but on multi-monitor setups I experience launcher slowdowns on startup. What's interesting, on the very same machine, after unplugging additional screens, application runs without any issues. I've tried on two PCs. Can provide you with more data in case you won't be able to reproduce that.

Not sure if this is a bug or intended? I still can't figure out how to remove the skill recovery multiplier.

Meditation formula is incorrect.

joedobo was kind enough to retrieve and give a brief explanation of the formula behind meditation skill gain.  I would like to point out that a portion of that formula is causing a bug in the actual value returned when a skill gain is given.  The code (and explanation from Joedobo) is as follows:

from Cults.meditate()

power = meditation.skillCheck(difficulty2, rug, 0.0, !increaseSkill, counter / 3.0f * (1.0f + rug.getRarity() * 0.1f));

Code deciphered: meditation.skillCheck(task difficulty, used rug item, bonus which is 0 here, actually do a skill gain?, how big should the skill gain be if the tick is applied)

The portion that is bugged is the "how big should skill gain be".  Specifically: 

counter / 3.0f * (1.0f + rug.getRarity() * 0.1f)

My testing in WU seems to show that the skill gain is 1/10th of what it should be (although, my data set is limited as I only have 1 set of old logs in WO to compare against).  As an example, at level 20 meditation, if a successful skill gain tick in WO would be 0.10000  the corresponding skill gain tick in WU is showing up as 0.010000

I'm not sure if that's because of a misplaced 0.1f or a misplaced parenthesis or a missing multiplier, but whatever the case, I hope the resolution would be easy for those who are in the know of what the formula "should" be.

Many thanks for your time :) 

Edited by Aariez

On 5/28/2017 at 5:57 AM, Eject said:

One of my players gave two catfishs in a FSB (ql 46 weight 10-12 kg)

Than he dragged it back into the inventory and both fishs got a weight of 25Kg each, he was also able to filet the whole 50kg.

Eject

This is a known issue with one of the mods that deals with bulk storage. No fix that I know of yet

We are having a problem with the latest client.  When a cave opening is in view of the character the Client Freezes (Linux) or crashes (Windows)  If the cave opening has a door then it is fine until the door is opened.

I have tried with unpatched Client and with the latest Client ModLoader patch.

I have also tried running the Server unpatched and issue still occurs. 

Edited by Jayren
additional details