Sign in to follow this  
Wulfmaer

Rift - Reported 29th July (Rift Closed)

The rift announced on 29th July is in the desert to south west of the midway house on the Hell Hound Trail - L14 on the in game map.

auction_timer_E1470005749.gif

The blue lines on the map are bits of road that are not on the map, and my be useful for gaining access. The road running across the top half of the map is the Hell Hound Trail, with the road going off the map to the north going to Fogshore.

i042gLt.png

Edited by Wulfmaer
adding event timer
  • Like 4

Tnx Wulfmaer for the location post!

I'll be there, bringing the family again :)

For those joining and want to stay alive during battle, we will be building a healer shrine. The priests casting healing spells will need a very large amount of favor. 

To simplify and insure the constant healing we will need lots of filled gems with favor. I you have and can spare any, please bring them along and drop them in the gem chest that will be at the healer shrine, tnx!

An alternative to gain favor for the Fo priest is pieces of cloth, higher ql is better as less of it is needed per sac.

Mac & Scotty

Edited by MacOofer
  • Like 1

So it's L14 and not K14 like some were suggesting in chat?

3 hours ago, Araninke said:

So it's L14 and not K14 like some were suggesting in chat?

Indeed, NW corner of L14

• Like 1

That is one isolated area there. Would require pretty much going and boat parking on other side of the water form Linton then hoofing it into Linton and then maybe getting a boat ride from there or get some horses and go all the way around the mountain. 0.o

• Like 1

Keep in mind, the Xan Backup lag will hit about 1 1/2 hours after the Rift opens.   I plan to be there, and plan to put out a warning a few mins before it hits in local using /me to stand out.  But I could get tied up in the fighting and forget to warn.   The backup tomorrow will hit between 6:27 and 6:29 pm Sask time zone so watch your clocks.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Greyfox said:

Keep in mind, the Xan Backup lag will hit about 1 1/2 hours after the Rift opens.   I plan to be there, and plan to put out a warning a few mins before it hits in local using /me to stand out.  But I could get tied up in the fighting and forget to warn.   The backup tomorrow will hit between 6:27 and 6:29 pm Sask time zone so watch your clocks.  

Lag killed me and my horse in the last Rift :/ And I didn't have a tent so had to respawn and run all the way back. In the meantime someone had stolen my horse gear.

Btw, got a nice little base camp going on at the Rift!

BKAxNPx.jpg

• Like 2

Good luck everyone! Got sick and couldn't make it, so make sure someone starts the mob train in my place. ;) Choo choo noises are not optional.

I'll be there as soon as the server starts up again =)

I've set up my tent and now waiting for the rift to open.

BFLjIlw.jpg

• Like 3

A happy get together around the beacon, minutes before the rift starts :)

331jgjm.jpg

Edited by MacOofer
  • Like 7

A view from the battlefield towards the healer shrine after the rift was completed.

2im8js0.jpg

• Like 2

876 !!!!!     What are you using Captainscotty, chaingun?

• Like 1

He is my healing priest, but i heal ppl in battle, inside the riftzone, suicide mission, so highly rewarded :)

• Like 1

Sweet, 89! Only got an Ada lump to show for it, but it was a good time nonetheless. 

• Like 1

Hi All,

Great rift event, I did not  die this time :)   this was  due to luck rather than skill.

Took  some videos clips  of the event, will take me some time to mke  a 2 or 3 min video.

Have put all the clips  on youtube  in  3  batches.

Rift and camp area 

The pre battle  chair party

The Rift battle

The quality degraded, trying to figure how  to keep  the original quality, anyone can point me in the right direction  be appreciated.  Another question how do I make the youtube lthumbnails smaller  here,

• Like 4

Hi All,

Great rift event, I did not  die this time :)   this was  due to luck rather than skill.

Took  some videos clips  of the event, will take me some time to mke  a 2 or 3 min video.

Have put all the clips  on youtube  in  3  batches.

Rift and camp area 

The pre battle  chair party

The Rift battle

The quality degraded, trying to figure how  to keep  the original quality, anyone can point me in the right direction  be appreciated.  Another question how do I make the youtube lthumbnails smaller  here,

• Like 1

For some reason my original post was repeated  here, 

Edited by Wingfoot