Sign in to follow this  
Huntar

Beta Patch Notes 1.1.0.0

mPCOka0.jpg

Going to be posting these here for as long as they continue to only post them on their Steam page (Which I feel people will easily disregard and forget about)

New versioning system!

Version number: a.b.c.d 
a = Major release version. (Required to be equal) 
b = Compatibility version (Required to be equal) 
c = Client version (Not required to be equal) 
d = Server version (Not required to be equal) 

In order to be able to connect to a server, both client and server must have matching version numbers for a and b, the latter two do not have to be equal. 
This allows us to push out hotfixes without forcing the need for servers to upgrade prior to connecting again, and will greatly improve how smoothly updates go 

New Domain system added

Altars will now extend their domain depending on quality. 

Underground and above ground zones are no longer separate, instead domains will have a 50% reduction in their power in the opposing layer. 

Metal and wood altars may now be pushed/pulled. 

Altar creation restrictions were removed.

Creature spawn counts altered

Bison, dogs, roosters, pheasants and hens will be a smaller amount of the total population 

Spawn cap for horses has been increased 

Bred creatures now have a 1 in 20 chance of giving a rare coin when killed, as opposed to the former 1 in 50 chance.

Updates

Removed small axe Combat Rating nerf. 

A minimum cool down period of one hour was added to the meditation ability Final Breath. 

Path of Insanity followers can change path one time with no penalty via an option on the meditation rug. 

Tile borders will now show slope information again when examined. 

Enchanted grass chance of reverting to grass on deeds with good ratio has been halved to have a 1 in 240 chance when an animal grazes. If the deed has a bad ratio (less than 15 tiles per animal) it has the usual 1 in 120 chance of reverting to grass. Off deed enchanted grass now has a 1 in 80 chance to revert to grass when an animal grazes. 

Source crystals can no longer be mined from veins. This is to prevent excess crystals being mined in a short timeframe. 

New settings window has been updated, keybindings and more added.

Bugfixes

Bugfix: Boulders from volcanoes will no longer become part of an item pile. 

Bugfix: Fixed text error for brass brass ribbon on unfinished birdcage examine. 

Bugfix: Fixed a permission bug which allowed some paving without permissions set. 

Bugfix: Corrected the fix for source crystals being removed from veins. 

Bugfix: Focus icon mouseover text will now update properly when focus is lost during combat. 

Bugfix: Text error for examine of rift beast heart was fixed. 

Bugfix: You can no longer cast dirt on a smelter. 

Bugfix: Pick up items and pick up planted permission are no longer needed in order to fill a lamp inside a building. 

Bugfix: Plugged a few loopholes for trading new player tents. 

Bugfix: Fixed a text error with socketed rings. 

Bugfix: Traders and Merchants will once again stay on the the same story where placed instead of falling to the ground level. 

Bugfix: Fixed a text error when burying a body at sea. 

Bugfix: Attempting to send mail to a server that is offline will no longer attempt to send and then destroy your mail. 

Bugfix: Fixed a bug with no drop items remaining in locked chests upon death. 

Bugfix: Fix for cakes not cooling down when removed from a heat source. 

Bugfix: Increased the tolerance for lag when moving on vehicles, random dismounts when riding on a horse or other vehicle should occur less often. 

Bugfix: Fixed a bug to prevent rejected mail being auto-sent back to the person who rejected it if not picked up by the original sender. If the original sender does not retrieve the rejected mail, it will be deleted after 2 weeks. 

Bugfix: Fixed a respawn issue on servers. If a spawn point does not satisfy requirements (above water, not too steep, empty) It will not show. 

Bugfix: Can no longer cast dirt in a tent while in inventory. 

Bugfix: Converting to HOTS only sets you to Libila and faith to 1 if you are coming from Fo, Magranon or Vynora. 

Bugfix Text fix when creating new unfinished items, no more extra space and capital U. 

Bugfix: Fixed a few capitalization issues. 

Bugfix: Fixed a bug where higher nutrition was not properly giving the healing bonus to wounds.

Bugfix: Fixed a bug with Village Healing bonus which could have increased damage instead of heal damage. 

Bugfix: Fixed a bug with the dirt spell sometimes giving 7 dirt. 

Bugfix: Fixed an issue with planning/building an inner wall in a cave dwelling if there was a wall or fence on the same tile border above ground. 

Bugfix: Tools should no longer take massive damage when destroying unfinished fences. 

Bugfix: Fixed adamantine weapon bonus to actually be +10%. 

Bugfix: Fix for randomized tunnel height calculations so that the distribution is now symmetrical.

Bugfix: Possible fix for lost items when mailing across servers. 

Bugfix: Fix for shoulder items not displaying. 

Bugfix: Settings window fixes for the launcher, your profiles should now work.

Server Notes

Bugfix: Fix for hell creatures and other non-newbie creatures from spawning. (Hell creatures, Worg, Valrei, anaconda, Lava creatures, Fog spiders, Spiders, Kingdom animals, Trolls, Scorps, Unicorn, Bears, Crocs = All NON_NEWBIE) 

Added a new setting under Advanced for "Newbie Friendly". When enabled, this will prevent non-newbie creatures from spawning on that server. 

Bugfix: Fix for TIMETRANSFER errors in logs. 

Bugfix: Fix for PvP Travel Blocking option not showing in player profile. 

Bugfix: Fix for achievement timestamps bugging out when crossing servers. 

Changed the default internal server port due to nVidia reserving it. 

Internal IP will now default to localhost. This should help with some servers not being able to bind properly. 

Creative will no longer start in winter when rebuilding the database. 

Adventure will reset properly when rebuilding the database.

Edited by Huntar

would be great if they got posted here 

But thank you so much for making a post to keep us updated.

31 minutes ago, Lolabelle said:

would be great if they got posted here 

But thank you so much for making a post to keep us updated.

I believe those are only release notes, the patch notes afaik will only be posted in the steam news page from now on

Edited by Huntar

If I'm not mistaken, beta notes are not posted here. I can ask Retrograde. The wording in your bit about highlighting feels a little like a sleight, otherwise good post and thank you.

There's a chance we will be changing our forum/community hub structure and the way information is delivered/feedback gathered. Now that we have a person dedicated to gathering issues and bugs, we need to make the forum and hub less divergent. For now Vyolette has been busy going through the backlog of posts on the Hub and here on the forums and building a list of issues, as well as tackling some of the newer ones and attempting repro cases.

I personally hate the Community Hub, Steam has done a terrible job on that bit, but it's really where I'd have to say a majority of players communicate with us. These forums here are more for old WO vets it seems.

Edited by Keenan
It was always now, you're seeing things...
  • Like 2

Nice picture!

I used to post the beta notes in as well, but it did lead to a little confusion. The beta releases are mostly for server admins and modders to ensure that the release does not break things, as most of the updates come from live updates on Wurm Online.  I'd expect those who actually use the beta would be inclined to read the notes.

That said, if players want to see the beta notes go up here too (as they also go up on Facebook and Twitter) I'd be happy to do so.

20 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

I'd expect those who actually use the beta would be inclined to read the notes.

It's always nice to know what's ahead of us, what we'll be seeing addressed/added in so we all know what to expect. Whether or not it's beta honestly shouldn't change much as we will all eventually experience what is to be released.

Point is, all of this will be public in due time, but what's the harm in letting everyone know ahead of time?

Theyre available on steam and Facebook, the decision was to avoid confusion.

I'll look at our options, perhaps a second pinned thread for beta notes, to differentiate whats live and what isnt.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Theyre available on steam and Facebook, the decision was to avoid confusion.

I'll look at our options, perhaps a second pinned thread for beta notes, to differentiate whats live and what isnt.

Could do a third with a livesteam of my whiteboard. Not that anyone could read my handwriting...