Sign in to follow this  
Shadow Mage

Minimum Mining Hits Required

Hi there, I recently set up a server for myself to play on and I wanted to increase the amount of rock and mining skill that I could gain from rock tiles.

So I set the Minimum Mining Hits Required server tweak to 200.

When I tried tunneling down, I had tunneled down over 1,250 times and generated over 261 rock shards in the process, and I still wasn't getting the "You will soon create an entrance." message at all.  I just kept mining and getting rock shards.  I didn't receive any error messages of any kind either.

When I set the Minimum Mining Hits Required value back to 51, I was able to open the tunnel in 60 hits and I only generated 9 rock shards in the process.  (I started again from scratch and mined a different tunnel since I didn't think it would be a fair test if I just adjusted the value and started the same potentially softened up tile again so...)

Is there some piece of documentation that I'm missing involving the Minimum Mining Hits Required setting?  Is there a value or a counter that is associated with the tile that I'm tunneling down into that I can check to see how many more hits I need to open a tunnel with my GM toon?  So that way I can see if that counter is actually going down when I mine.  Does this setting just break after a certain point?

Tunneling a mine entrance is different than mining a tile inside the mine.

Tunnelling a mine entrance does not always produce a rock shard.

most likely seting the number that high bugs out the mechanics some how.

Yea, I was wondering how it bugs out though, or what value I could look at that relates to the tile that I'm mining when I examine the tile with my GM toon.

Or you know...  the issue could be fixed so that I can actually open a tunnel after upping the Minimum Mining Hit's Required setting?  Or the effects of the setting could be better documented?  Just a thought.  At least if I say something the issue becomes known.

Edit:  Also, that's weird.  Did somebody move this to Questions and Confusions?  I thought I posted this in Server Issues.

Edited by Shadow Mage
Asking why my thread was moved.

I haven't looked at the code but i'll bet that the counter is a signed byte and 200 just overflowed it :P

Try setting it to 127 or lower.

Edited by bdew