Sign in to follow this  
Ausimus

Calysto [PVE] [4096x4096] [Custom Map] [Highly Modded]

14 minutes ago, Batta said:

I had this same experience on a different server where everyone else seemed happy enough. My experiences of Calysto have been very positive, though. I think that we need to just keep server-hopping until we find the one(s) that are a match for us, personally. Sorry you had a bad experience with this group, and I wish you luck in finding one that fits you better. 

problem is i'm having trouble finding another server. i liked the mods and rates on calysto and several of them are no where to be found.

4 minutes ago, Datgai said:

problem is i'm having trouble finding another server. i liked the mods and rates on calysto and several of them are no where to be found.

I understand that, for sure. The GM has added some really great mods that aren't yet available elsewhere. That said, there are quite a lot of really good servers out there. I think your best bet is just to hop around them for awhile until you find one that you like. Just a tip, something I learned the hard way: when players really love their server, they sometimes grossly overreact to criticism.  Probably safer to wait until you're well-established in the community before making suggestions. And there is never going to be an okay time to criticize any of the GMs, but I'm sure you already know that!  Good luck in your explorations!

• Like 1

Playing as Alexandra on server and found it very, very addictive.  Mods are amazing.  Creating construction materials with spells is "must have" features for builders. Don't have too much time for game lately, but will try to be in game as much as I can.   :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkSilard said:

Playing as Alexandra on server and found it very, very addictive.  Mods are amazing.  Creating construction materials with spells is "must have" features for builders. Don't have too much time for game lately, but will try to be in game as much as I can.   :)

Yeah so true. All the fun of Wurm without the normal grind, so much fun, and the staff have been very helpful

• Like 1

Just came back to the game after a break and opted on making a deed here, and it was the best decision I have made in a long time. It is an old server, well established for years now, owned by a WO developer and just like WO servers it has a long time core of players who know each other and have played together for years also. You can find those amazing, massive deeds here, and sprawling ruins decaying of past dreams, but also miles of never played land and great locations as well. 

Ausimus aims for one thing - to make the game fun to play. He succeeds. The GMs here have been here as long-term players as well, and they are promoted because they also aim to make it fun. It is a fun server, with friendly people, always an answer to your question, and the occasional surprise event, sometimes with no warning at all. I made a few gold as a noobie on one of those events within a few minutes, just like that. A GM had noticed there were several new players on the server so ran it as a flash event to give us all a treat and some money for the merchants!  How neat is that? There is a different event going on now, just as easy for anyone to play if they care to put the time in. 100 golds or an adamantium infuser!!! Easy enough for a noob to compete in, too! Two more days so hurry hurry!

You can fulfill all your Wurm goals and dreams on Calysto, with an active group on a beautiful server, so come on in and check it out - or come back if you took a break for a while.  If you are a loner, you can be alone, or play and chat as much as you like most times of day, there is nearly always someone online. 

Nothing to argue with in that. 

• Like 2

Not sure what the fuss is about. I have had a deed here for well over a year. Never had a problem. It’s a great server. Aus has tons of great mods and the support is outstanding from the whole staff

Edited by conmcb25
Mispelling
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, conmcb25 said:

Not sure what the fuss is about. I have had a deed here for well over a year. Never had a problem. It’s a great server. Aus has tons of great mods and the support is outstanding from the whole staff

The fuss was because a player had a very negative experience with the community on Calysto. But I think we've pretty much addressed it already.

2 hours ago, Batta said:

The fuss was because a player had a very negative experience with the community on Calysto. But I think we've pretty much addressed it already.

I meant why the fuss was made in the first place.............................

10 hours ago, conmcb25 said:

I meant why the fuss was made in the first place.............................

Oh I see. I believe it's because people expect to have either positive or at least neutral experiences when they come into a PvE game to play with others, and they're surprised when the experience is significantly negative. Hope this clears it up for you. I believe the issue has already been dealt with, though. We don't want to make it worse by telling people they are "making a fuss" when they give feedback about their experiences. It's a very good thing when someone lets us know!

Heya! I jumped on two nights ago with a friend to check out the 300x skill gain (most I have experienced was... 10x I think?) - made a little video while I was there (below). We had a good time! I also talked about some possible future plans for Wurm and videos there, but I figured I would drop this here since it was on your server. I also wanted to give a shout out to the very helpful "Kitty" who was a great guide as soon as we arrived and provided great info about the server ;)

• Like 2

There was a Discord for Calysto mentioned (and linked to) in chat last night, but I logged out before grabbing the link. I looked around here and the googles, but am not seeing it (or am missing it)... anyone mind passing that on?

UPDATE: A friend of mine was playing on the server while in my Discord, so I asked him to get it from someone in game. He passed it along to me, and I shall drop it here for those interested (who might not already know)...

https://discord.gg/emDP8ga

Thanks ;)

Edited by weem
I got the URL I was looking for - updated with link ;)

Is there some place to see pictures of the different rugs, canopy beds, tapestries, etc.?

The starter deed has a teleporter to the showroom that shows all beds rugs and so on

7 hours ago, Capi said:

The starter deed has a teleporter to the showroom that shows all beds rugs and so on

Huh.  I couldn't see that.  I'll go search again.

Can someone tell me where to find Santa, please?  He was at the sleigh in spawn town before, but he seems to be gone now. 

Batta if you go to the starter deed there is a crystal teleport that bring you to the showroom. sorry for the late reply i just saw this msg.

thanks Happy new year by the way to you and your family

kitty

Edited by kitty

On 1/2/2019 at 1:36 AM, kitty said:

Batta if you go to the starter deed there is a crystal teleport that bring you to the showroom. sorry for the late reply i just saw this msg.

thanks Happy new year by the way to you and your family

kitty

I lost the link to the online images.  Any chance you can re-send it ?

Server is experiencing some issues, looking into it.

Hello Wurmians, dropping in to bump my favorite server in WU.

We don't post much here, but Calysto is alive and well and kicking every day. It has a small core of regulars who have played here for years, and a varying group of new friends who come and go. We have been here for years. We expect to be here in some form or fashion for more years. If you are looking for a solid community, a server with great communication so you are never surprised to find it simply gone, we may be your place.

We skill fast here, real fast, because our owner wanted a place where you could learn anything, make your Wurm dreams come true, and if you could only play part-time due to real life, we have that here. Almost no grind. Insanely friendly GMs (yes we are active but also have real lives so come and go throughout the day. You may be alone at times, but not for long. One of us will be by. We won't play your game for you, but, we do love our players and strive to be fair).

The server is heavily modded. No vanilla here. Plenty of other servers for that. You do pay for deeds and for upkeep, but coins are easy. We have rift mobs and dragons and Troll kings aplenty, and you can get the skill to fight them and have FUN here.

If what you want is to PLAY, have FUN, have GMs around to help with the rare question or jam, and feel safe to build and play and enjoy, we will leave a light on for you. We have wild lands in plenty left, and long gone deeds already terraformed too. The rules are few, no griefing, and log in at least every 30 days or your deed will be poofed (unless you let us know you will be away longer). Simple rules, for adult players who want to do it their way as much as possible (though the server is kept family friendly)

Wanna play? We got your game. Come on :) 

I am "grey" in game, one of your GMs. Waiting on you to show up, finally :) 

• Like 1

Hi all, I don't manage to play Calysto too often but I love the way it is set up... 

I have been making sure to log in at least every 30 days for years, because even when I'm off doing totally different things I know I always want to be able to come back to my deed on Calysto.  Money is very easy to make here, with great bounties and treasure hunting. The mods are fantastic, with some that can't be found anywhere else.  I hope to continue playing here for years to come.

• Like 2