Sign in to follow this  
Ausimus

Calysto [PVE] [4096x4096] [Custom Map] [Highly Modded]

On 4/7/2017 at 9:33 AM, Ayes said:

Not too happy about these *red* type Rift mobs spawning everywhere. They are slow to kill to get rid of them when they wander around. Being a Fo priest most mobs don't bother me. Maybe these Rift *reds* could be added to that effect? Also 1c bounty on them is way out of proportion to time to kill 'em in comparison to Trolls. I just view them as pests really and they are not even contained to Rift areas, not that I would like to see Rifts spawning on the server either.

=Ayes=

Yea took you suggestion, lowered there spawn probability, and made them non hostile to all players.

April 04 2017: Made all Rift Creatures Domable.

Added Valrei Creatures to random spawn, these are also Domable.

April 06 2017: Fized issue with drake and eagle spirits going through walls.

April 10 2017: Lowered spawn rate of all new creatures.

All new creatures should no longer be hostile toward players.

All new creatures had to be wiped because of this change. Im sorry.

• Like 1

hi,

anybody else got problems logging into Calysto today?

Yea there was an issue with a couple databases, they became malformed. The latest backup was from 2 weeks ago as the server was not sending backups to my NAS as expected.

The latest backup i have is from 4/27 so I may just do a wipe and change the server mechanics somewhat.

10 hours ago, ausimus said:

The latest backup i have is from 4/27 so I may just do a wipe and change the server mechanics somewhat.

Akkk! There has been a lot of work done to the server environments and deeds before 4/27, which of course would all be lost with a complete wipe of the server. Not the best idea I would think for those who have been on the server from the start.

I have noticed the player count dropped off a lot over the past few months though. Maybe those players have found another server to play on so I guess they wouldn't care much anyway. I have enjoyed creating deeds there with the advanced skill/timers in a much shorter time than could be done elsewhere. Not too sure how much confidence a complete wipe and re-do would inspire in drawing others to do it all over once again.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

i hope we dont get wipe out again.. i really love this server .oh by the way can you give me the link to our forum thanks

Edited by sokedong
add more comment

i can help recover the db if possible, just have to do integrity check in sqlite browser and then dump it to an sql file i would do data and structure seperately and do a bit of searching for the error lines and associated id's remove em then import the structure first then data.  i was able to recover taum db that way im guessing items and creatures possibly?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Aum said:

i can help recover the db if possible, just have to do integrity check in sqlite browser and then dump it to an sql file i would do data and structure seperately and do a bit of searching for the error lines and associated id's remove em then import the structure first then data.  i was able to recover taum db that way im guessing items and creatures possibly?

I appreciate the offer, the problem is the 2 week old backup is malformed as well, I may have not worded it very well on the initial announcement. So I will be starting fresh.

IUBqNcs.jpg

The new map

looks amazing :D

when can we start ?  ^*.*^

Howdy Aus,  Im liking the new map.  If you were wondering only reason ive been not in game has been a recent purchase of a cargo trailer to renovate into a camper.  Needless to say, I am not as skilled as I thought i was, but its been some serious man hours. :)

When you starting the new server?????!!!?????  I dont mind loosing the work so i can loose myself in rebuilding my deed.  Maybe i will make another Island muahahahhahha

-Drpox the insane pox bringer

7 minutes ago, Chy said:

will the name Calysto stay?  

yes

1 minute ago, ausimus said:

yes

When can we join? :)

Ball park time line? To launch the new Calysto?

1 minute ago, ausimus said:

Should be later today.

Woot doing laundry now so i can work on it :)

LOL hey y'all I have dibs on "that" spot right there :DDD  (this is Moira)

...oh, wait, that looks great, too.....

Edited by Kazz

dont think it matters, i would of tried on the latest one as mine was running for a month on malformed db, but the lag started getting so bad it was kicking people and i had no choice but to fix it, so i just rebuilt the latest one and got it working

but i see you got a new shiny map already anyways and its looking quite nice!

perhaps next time, tho hopefully you don't get that problem again =)

• Like 1

Dont worry Ausi mus ###### happen we can start all over again. HUG

Okay server is back up and running again, with reset. Will be a little while till i get the web map and ingame map fixed.

51 minutes ago, Kazz said:

Still is preventing log in for me :(.

Make sure your not connecting to the old ip, the new ip is 74.139.65.125.

5 hours ago, ausimus said:

Make sure your not connecting to the old ip, the new ip is 74.139.65.125.

How about importing our old characters into this new server? Then at least we won't have to rebuild their skills all over again. Plus I had some good enchants on weapon and AZ pickaxe for surface mining.

=Ayes=