Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

Dear Keenan

11 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

JK has devs?  That's news to me.  Way to derail a thread by trying KvK bruh.

7 minutes ago, Huntar said:

Nobody on the devs are JK

I would love to be told of 1 dev who is in any pvp group because if they are they failed us all by not doing anything to fix the current situation for so long.

Edited by Darklords

Aha, so who drow him out of PvP then? Staff?

31 minutes ago, Darklords said:

If you cared to even read the full OP you would realize the  Elevation map reset was a failure because they forgot about us after the reset and left it alone for a straight year so your right that it is a major thing a major thing they screwed up like the long line of things before it that made the elevation reset even an option why do you think people wanted elevation reset just so they could build capitals all over again you move thousands of supply's in 20 hours of straight knarr trips to jkh to store supply's you don't want to loose you think it was anyone's first option?... When you have servers that had over 300 people on them just 2 years ago and now you have 30 you have to sit down and ask, what have the developers done to help and that answer is nothing because we wouldn't be in this spot if we received any kind of regular updates in the last 2 years instead they left us to rot as a server begging for help to the point we almost all feel a hostility to the developers at this point.

I wish a single dev was in any single pvp kingdom period to be honest with you actually, than maybe we wouldnt be in this mess to start with...

I actually understand, I was thinking exactly the same, when Elevation reset was announced. Wiping thousands of hours of peoples work to "save" PvP? Let's face it, already because of that reset Epic lost many long-term players, whos work was wiped and who didn't bother to start from scratch. So in reality it was only a PR stunt for the staff: "we listen", which backfired. BUT, it was a result of a poll, where you all voted. Instead of pushing all the changes first and THEN reset, you were plain happy, that you finally were able to push through a change, in the euphoria none of you actually thought about the real impact of it in the game(including devs).

What I am trying to say here, the situation is same now, when the next big thing is merger of epic / freedom.. It does NOTHING in regarding saving PvP, it pisses off some people, who will quit (how many is not certain, but some definitely leave). Some people will be happy of course, that they get a transfer of their skills to freedom(not even chaos necessarily), which then pisses off some freedomers, as the skillgain mechanics ARE different. In longer run it removes incentive for Epic players to return to the game (those people, who have gone on hiatus), because everything that they have created, will be gone, so the strings that attach them to the game, will be cut (same was actually with Elevation reset).

So basically there is really nothing to gain from merger, but it will rise many problems.

• Like 2

Reaction of devs on the chaos-epic merge is similar to reaction of wow devs on opening vanilla servers (people are beggings for years):

"You think you want it but you don't"

Doesn't matter how many topics will be made (there were already few), doesn't matter how many people gonna ask for this, it's not gonna happen couse devs has it's own vision.

Why are people upset about Keenan, as he been a official developer for only a short time and he does agree that Epic Cluster and Chaos both have serious issues that need to resolved by the development team???

Edited by enoofu

Amusing...

Especially the comments about Devs and staff not playing pvp, ergo cannot understand the gameplay. I can agree with that to some extent; though, I also have the advantage of memories from the years.

Such as all the whining about Devs and GMs being involved in pvp back in the day, especially as players. Let alone them trying to ride herd on us psychos as staff. Granted many of the same tools used for locating cheaters and the like, also enable surveillance for other means.

The forum threads on private third-party forums filled with pathetic attempts of amassing "evidence" against this or that staff member (just the ones from opposing pvp factions... shocker).

The staff who have had to take "breaks" just so they can exclusively either enjoy the game or work on the game.

The often baseless accusations and innuendo made in even the public forums over the years.

So one has to understand my reaction to reading this whining...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Granted there has been questionable behavior by ex-staff, not all of them were angels. One mere example is mass-exploiting gold coins, which had (among other things) a significant impact on one pvp kingdom's defenses.

• Like 3

man.. if only there were a way to talk about the pvp changes to a few, 'delegates' from each kingdom.. if only that could happen

oh wait it has multiple times and mostly, other than maybe like.. cooldowns on enchants, were ignored

but no, they're listening B)

Edited by Oreo
  • Like 1

All these fingers are pointing all at the same time, and none of them seem to be heading in the correct direction.

Hope you enjoyed patting each other on the back, PvP in Wurm Online is dead either way, and the playerbase is as much to blame as the developers are.

The beauty of self-cannibalization is that nobody learns anything from the process. That's why it hasn't changed in 20 years.

I lived on Epic for over a year, before and after Elevation's reset.  I left because I felt all my effort and money spent was totally in vain.

If the PVP community of Wurm feels as though the developers have not given them sufficient attention, then why keep them splintered across 5 servers and two playstyles?  That only creates more work for developers!  I think the dev team should first Clean the slate by dropping Epic and bringing the entire PVP community together under one roof.  Give them a new map the size of Chaos to give them time and something to do (choose sides, build deeds, and plan strategies) while the dev team Consolidates code changes already in the works.  Then, Rolf should convene an open forum of Communication with the (then) singular PVP community to identify issues, recommend results, prioritize development efforts, and receive feedback from testing in a way that every PVP player can participate, lend opinion, and monitor progress.  Keep the good game mechanics and dump the bad based on a Coordinated and unified player-base working with a dev team willing to listen and Code Wurm PVP in a way that is mutually beneficial to all.

Clean --> Consolidate --> Communicate --> Coordinate -->  Code.

• Like 3

There's a thread of players arguing whether /who should be on chaos or not with more than half of it hidden.

I don't trust pvpers to agree on the colour of the sky, let alone what works in pvp

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cecci said:

I feel sorry for Keenan who actually did lots for Wurm, and who the more vocal crowd drew out of pvp, as I understood it cause he was a developer and MR both.

That is really shitty and pathetic if you ask me.

Does all devs in this game have to be JK?

Do you even know the reason he isn't playing on a pvp server?

This sounds like you are accusing JK of being the reason, maybe before pulling crap like this you actually ask him?

After talking to him myself back when we used to chat on occasion, I know that to be very far from the truth.

I personally don't think it's possible to fix pvp nor do the devs want to fix it sadly let's not blame Keenan seriously. The amount of players who actively play chaos and epic are really low at the moment. I could be wrong here but I figured by now a combat overhaul would of taken place or a merge between the two systems would make the most logical sense this would make PVE even interesting also. I think it pains me to say this but I think a lot of you should probably move on if your looking for a pvp game I recommend EVE or Mount and Blade Bannerlord if it ever comes out.

Edited by Niki

2 hours ago, Niki said:

I personally don't think it's possible to fix pvp nor do the devs want to fix it sadly let's not blame Keenan seriously. The amount of players who actively play chaos and epic are really low at the moment. I could be wrong here but I figured by now a combat overhaul would of taken place or a merge between the two systems would make the most logical sense this would make PVE even interesting also. I think it pains me to say this but I think a lot of you should probably move on if your looking for a pvp game I recommend EVE or Mount and Blade Bannerlord if it ever comes out.

I've gone back to playing runescape (oldschool is pure nostalgia) but jagex hands out false macro bans like candy (rip my brother). I don't even feel safe buying membership for it lol. Completely lost trust in that company 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eyesgood said:

two playstyles?

I started on wild, and quit after it became chaos after holding out too long hoping it would get better.  Wild/Chaos has one play style, I grew to seriously hate it.  Epic has a different playstyle, it was much more fun and enjoyable.  Different playstyles alone is good, because it caters to people that enjoy each one.  We just need more players again

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

I started on wild, and quit after it became chaos after holding out too long hoping it would get better.  Wild/Chaos has one play style, I grew to seriously hate it.  Epic has a different playstyle, it was much more fun and enjoyable.  Different playstyles alone is good, because it caters to people that enjoy each one.  We just need more players again

I hear you, but I think Wurm developers have a hard enough time nailing down one PVP ruleset (maybe ruleset is a better word).  Two is doubly-doubtful.  I think I know why Rolf introduced Epic.  Perhaps most Wild players wanted none of the "epic" features Rolf was working on and instead of infuriating them, he left them to themselves and forged ahead with a new kind of PVP experience, one with more content-driven spontaneous activity.  Who knows, maybe that is why there still has been no mention of merging pvp.  Maybe Rolf is just letting the servers die and then he will swoop in and clean up the mess with yet something else that is new.

36 minutes ago, Eyesgood said:

Maybe Rolf will swoop in and clean up the mess with yet something else that is new.

Like he does about every 2 years...

3 hours ago, Alexgopen said:

I've gone back to playing runescape (oldschool is pure nostalgia) but jagex hands out false macro bans like candy (rip my brother). I don't even feel safe buying membership for it lol. Completely lost trust in that company 

Heh i got my almost maxed character perma banned for macroing :( 

But yeah i played it a bit for nostalgia a few months ago and then tried new runescape but its just not as fun as i thought i remembered it being

8 hours ago, Alexgopen said:

Wtf, yo i got like a dozen membership token things in my old school account, i don't play anymore but still, It's not particularly hard to make like the 1.1m for membership. 

If you wanna be lazy about making 1.1m but get it really fast, Go get like 50k(preferably like 100k+, more the better) and buy feather packs from port sarim for 200gp each, open each pack, sell the 100 feathers for 3gp each in GE, bam. free cash. once you get several million, you can make millions off each time you do this.

Edited by akaedis
missed the word "each"

7 hours ago, akaedis said:

Wtf, yo i got like a dozen membership token things in my old school account, i don't play anymore but still, It's not particularly hard to make like the 1.1m for membership. 

If you wanna be lazy about making 1.1m but get it really fast, Go get like 50k(preferably like 100k+, more the better) and buy feather packs from port sarim for 200gp each, open each pack, sell the 100 feathers for 3gp each in GE, bam. free cash. once you get several million, you can make millions off each time you do this.

yea but my point is theres no reason to invest hundreds of hours of time and money in playing the game if im gonna get banned one day out of the blue for macroing when i've never even done it.

like my brother isnt very good with computers, doesnt know how to macro, i often have to help him install stuff. in wurm unlimited when everyone else used live maps and compass and toolbelt mods and stuff, he used nothing, and played with just the vanilla client, even calling anyone who used any client mods cheaters. he would quit wurm unlimited servers if he found out people around him were macroing. 

between the fact that he A. doesnt even know how to macro or have any macro software on his computer and B. is strongly against it or any kind of client given advantage, i know for a fact that his ban is false. and he put tons and tons of time into playing that game with his friends, just to be kicked out and told "No appeals, all our bans automatically handed out by our magic foolproof program are 100% accurate so suck it up and restart, paying us more membership as you get your skills back up to what they were"

to me its like they're basically scamming you into buying more membership

If i were rolf i would make wurm pvp a separate game than wurm pve that way wurm pvp would have a team of dedicated devs that work for the sake of making pvp better. They would not have to go from pvp and pve and get mixed up. I have a dream where big youtubers make videos of this wurm pvp showing huge 50 vs 50+ battles and talk about how great that game is. Where there's pvp everyday and the combat log updates so quickly that you have to scroll up to be able to read what is happening. 

I'm setting this thread to locked as it has run its course, We can't let personal insults or harassment exist on the forums against staff or other forum members. everything that needs to be said has been discussed.

Regards

Shakys (Board Moderator)

• Like 1