Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

Dear Keenan

3 minutes ago, chaostrader said:

keenan wasn't a developer when epic was reset. 

no, but he was one of the ones not making any changes afterwards related to pvp stagnation was he?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

because when some other non named dev who has been a dev longer than him, gets their way, no matter  if keenan is now the code manager. look at the facts before you bash the nice guy. That dev wants no pvp changes so... we get no pvp changes. also instead of whining, why don't you invite a couple of your RL friends into the game. if everyone brung 5 friends to chaos or epic, the game would probably fix itself. PVP would be non stop if elevation had 1000 players online. there wouldn't be a time that you wouldn't be alone in the wilderness or not next to an enemy.  (can't take credit to the idea, but makes sense)

Edited by chaostrader

Hi Everyone,

I've spent a little bit catching up on everything discussed here, as well as everyone's concerns. I'd like to start off by thanking you all for voicing your opinions, your feedback is super important and it's my job to take that and give it to the dev team.

The issue we face here is that a reset or a merge is not the best option at the moment. I completely understand the desire to spike some interest, bring back those who currently aren't playing and continue to enjoy the game.

We are committed to addressing key issues that affect pvp, not just the low player count, any reset or merge would lead to a spike, but the same issues that currently plague pvp will only lead to the same thing occurring. A reset or merge would lead to the exact same situation we have already.

The delay in addressing PvP concerns was out of our hands, the departure of Alex and Erik did cause some upheaval, and it did take us time to get back on track, but now that we are, we will continue to work with you all on improving the issues within PvP.

What we need is the patience to accept that a reset does not solve anything at this point, the same bugs, the same mechanics that cause people to lose interest in pvp will lead to the same thing happening in six months, and further destabalise our capabilities to fix pvp.

We are listening, we are working, but we will not perform kneejerk actions that harm us further down the line.

this continued negativity towards a developer will not continue, you have been given a response to the suggestion of a reset or merge, that will not change anytime soon.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Mclovin said:

Retrograde can you come put your boy in place, devs don't decide why something will happen or not, the paying customer/community does.

This has never been, and will never be, how game design works.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Hi Everyone,

I've spent a little bit catching up on everything discussed here, as well as everyone's concerns. I'd like to start off by thanking you all for voicing your opinions, your feedback is super important and it's my job to take that and give it to the dev team.

The issue we face here is that a reset or a merge is not the best option at the moment. I completely understand the desire to spike some interest, bring back those who currently aren't playing and continue to enjoy the game.

We are committed to addressing key issues that affect pvp, not just the low player count, any reset or merge would lead to a spike, but the same issues that currently plague pvp will only lead to the same thing occurring. A reset or merge would lead to the exact same situation we have already.

The delay in addressing PvP concerns was out of our hands, the departure of Alex and Erik did cause some upheaval, and it did take us time to get back on track, but now that we are, we will continue to work with you all on improving the issues within PvP.

What we need is the patience to accept that a reset does not solve anything at this point, the same bugs, the same mechanics that cause people to lose interest in pvp will lead to the same thing happening in six months, and further destabalise our capabilities to fix pvp.

We are listening, we are working, but we will not perform kneejerk actions that harm us further down the line.

this continued negativity towards a developer will not continue, you have been given a response to the suggestion of a reset or merge, that will not change anytime soon.

Im sorry but the merge IS the best option. Its not debatable. We're not asking to give the merge and then stop development (although it wouldnt surprise me). You merge, and then you continue to do what you think will fix the pvp side of the game as well. See how that works? You incorporate both what we want and you want. Its not a hard concept. You think you know what's best for the game but really you're as farm from it as you can be. These small ass changes such as meditation, shooting a stupid boat, will not bring in players.

and yes. it will continue as long as there is disappointment to the pvp playerbase

Edited by Josh

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

Im sorry but the merge IS the best option. Its not debatable. We're not asking to give the merge and then stop development (although it wouldnt surprise me). You merge, and then you continue to do what you think will fix the pvp side of the game as well. See how that works? You incorporate both what we want and you want. Its not a hard concept.

There is minecraft or eve online. no one is keeping you here. Retro is making a valid point. resets or merges don't fix the game. Fixing the bugs, will fix the game. 

Edited by chaostrader

2 minutes ago, chaostrader said:

There is minecraft or eve online. no one is keeping you here. Retro is making a valid point. resets or merges don't fix the game. Fixing the bugs, will fix the game. 

Does it look like i still play this game? None of us do because these devs are too blind to see how to fix their game. We're here because we want to be able to play the game we used to enjoy, but can no longer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Josh said:

Does it look like i still play this game? None of us do because these devs are too blind to see how to fix their game. We're here because we want to be able to play the game we used to enjoy, but can no longer.

If you don't play this game, then why the H.ll do you whine like a baby on the forums. If you don't play, you shouldn't have a word of how the game should be made or developed. If you don't enjoy it, leave us alone and take your negative comments to a game that you actually enjoy now, whatever that may be. If the game changed to something that you don't enjoy nor don't even want to play. If it was me, I wouldn't even give 2 craps about getting on the forum and trying to make the game how I want to. There are more players on this game that do like the way the game is headed and do like the way it is. Go play on WU where you can do what ever you want, and leave us alone if you don't play.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, chaostrader said:

If you don't play this game, then why the H.ll do you whine like a baby on the forums. If you don't play, you shouldn't have a word of how the game should be made or developed. If you don't enjoy it, leave us alone and take your negative comments to a game that you actually enjoy now, whatever that may be. If the game changed to something that you don't enjoy nor don't even want to play. If it was me, I wouldn't even give 2 craps about getting on the forum and trying to make the game how I want to. There are more players on this game that do like the way the game is headed and do like the way it is. Go play on WU where you can do what ever you want, and leave us alone if you don't play.  

I still own accounts. As do all of us that post here and dont actively play. And i guarantee you there are not more pvpers that like the way the game is headed then ones that dont. Even the carebears on elevation right now who never pvp dont like that their server is being reduced to nothing.Besides, who are you posting on here on some alt forum account. If you're gonna come here and act like you know something have the balls to do it with a name people recognize.

Edited by Josh

32 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Hi Everyone,

We have just been waiting so long even since last told it wouldn't be much longer than after that we get told sorry more important stuff by keenan and heard nothing for months, and we see very minimal effort being put forward with very minimal overall though into the changes and just revering back to small patches like you claimed you wouldn't I realize alot of the devs are doing this for free but you have to realize to play this game is not free to me.

Edited by Darklords

Just now, chaostrader said:

You know what who we need back. Notch.

Fine with me. He was able to make a successful game.

• Like 2

Thanks for your response Retrograde  but we are not asking for a merge without the changes.  We did tell you in the ts chats that both a merge / new map along side the changes  had to happen together otherwise these little changes (and they are minor) will not work to bring people back to the game which we keep posting about because we ARE passionate about improving it..

• Like 2

Just now, Rhianna said:

Thanks for your response Retrograde  but we are not asking for a merge without the changes.  We did tell you in the ts chats that both a merge / new map along side the changes  had to happen together otherwise these little changes (and they are minor) will not work to bring people back to the game which we keep posting about because we ARE passionate about improving it..

This ^ Shes just nicer about it than my post.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rhianna said:

As I stated in those chats, big changes take time, and they are the focus here, demanding a merge is demanding half a fix that has no guarantee of solving anything.

Let us work on the changes, we arent saying that server resets are absolutely not going to happen, we are saying they are not on the table at this time, as there is more to focus on.

20 minutes ago, Rhianna said:

because maybe people didn't read the first time.

also someone named their alt forum account after my alt and it's back to posting
go away

Heh, reading all these "fix pvp" topics, it reminds me of teenagers, who want to get something: "If you don't give me this NOW, you don't love me". But, history has shown, that if you spam something long enough on the forums with 4-5 people, it gets mechanics changed. :)

Right now the merger request seems, that someone wants a free ticket to the freedom. There is one already, portal. :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rixk said:

Heh, reading all these "fix pvp" topics, it reminds me of teenagers, who want to get something: "If you don't give me this NOW, you don't love me". But, history has shown, that if you spam something long enough on the forums with 4-5 people, it gets mechanics changed. :)

Right now the merger request seems, that someone wants a free ticket to the freedom. There is one already, portal. :)

Ya your right, maybe if we wait 3 some more years for something to happen we can be adults spamming to get something done because we have literally aged that much waiting. Because the fact that 4 pvp servers hold a gran total of 30 people at peak hours(30 all together over 4 servers) for months now isnt a sign your pace might need to pick it up a little? How long have we been asking for change 2 years now how long is to long to wait? I think thats enough to challenge anyone's patience.

Edited by Darklords
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, rixk said:

###### you nailed it

we just have too many people complaining about it, thats must be why its not getting through

maybe if 4 or 5 of us emailed the dev team instead of 30+?

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, Darklords said:

Ya your right, maybe if we wait 3 some more years for something to happen we can be adults spamming to get something done because we have literally aged that much waiting. Because the fact that 4 pvp servers hold a gran total of 30 people at peak hours(30 all together over 4 servers) for months now isnt a sign your pace might need to pick it up a little? How long have we been asking for change 2 years now how long is to long to wait? I think thats enough to challenge anyone's patience.

And they are doing something, not maybe what you want exactly, but you can't say they aren't doing anything. Test server was already mentioned. And they have also changed stuff based on your wishes constantly. Major thing is Elevation reset, which comes to my mind and which was also presented as the saviour of Epic. + some tweaks here and there. How it all turned out, we see now.. only thing that has changed is the topic on forums about next mechanic, which removal/change will save PvP.

For you guys maybe it is time to accept the game for what it is, not what YOU want it to be.

I feel sorry for Keenan who actually did lots for Wurm, and who the more vocal crowd drew out of pvp, as I understood it cause he was a developer and MR both.

That is really shitty and pathetic if you ask me.

Does all devs in this game have to be JK?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, rixk said:

And they are doing something, not maybe what you want exactly, but you can't say they aren't doing anything. Test server was already mentioned. And they have also changed stuff based on your wishes constantly. Major thing is Elevation reset, which comes to my mind and which was also presented as the saviour of Epic. + some tweaks here and there. How it all turned out, we see now.. only thing that has changed is the topic on forums about next mechanic, which removal/change will save PvP.

For you guys maybe it is time to accept the game for what it is, not what YOU want it to be.

If you cared to even read the full OP you would realize the  Elevation map reset was a failure because they forgot about us after the reset and left it alone for a straight year so your right that it is a major thing a major thing they screwed up like the long line of things before it that made the elevation reset even an option why do you think people wanted elevation reset just so they could build capitals all over again you move thousands of supply's in 20 hours of straight knarr trips to jkh to store supply's you don't want to loose you think it was anyone's first option?... When you have servers that had over 300 people on them just 2 years ago and now you have 30 you have to sit down and ask, what have the developers done to help and that answer is nothing because we wouldn't be in this spot if we received any kind of regular updates in the last 2 years instead they left us to rot as a server begging for help to the point we almost all feel a hostility to the developers at this point.

1 minute ago, Cecci said:

I feel sorry for Keenan who actually did lots for Wurm, and who the more vocal crowd drew out of pvp, as I understood it cause he was a developer and MR both.

I wish a single dev was in any single pvp kingdom period to be honest with you actually, than maybe we wouldnt be in this mess to start with...

JK has devs?  That's news to me.  Way to derail a thread by trying KvK bruh.

17 minutes ago, Cecci said:

Nobody on the devs are JK