Sign in to follow this  
Propheteer

Merge Epic and Chaos

merge?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. merge?

1 minute ago, Propheteer said:

I have played on and off Chaos before 90% of the people posting in here made their accounts. I know what i'm asking for, and whether i'd enjoy the playstyle or not isn't why im asking it, its because i'd rather have a style of PvP i dislike and at least enough people to play with over a style of PvP i enjoy and 15 people online over four servers during sunday peak times.

ok i can see that no hard feelings 

2 minutes ago, Dorian said:

I'm a PvE guy so forgive me for any lack of understanding regarding the PvP stuffs.

(I have a BL wagon, which was reverted to a Freedom wagon for a bit after that kingdom fell.   The fall of that kingdom seemed to be more of a 'give up' than a 'conquer' from what I heard in the rumor mills, but it got me interested in the status of PvP, and I read more of these posts lately.)

That being said, I see the numbers when I log in, way more peeps on PvE than PvP...BUT...way more PvE spots than PvP spots to play on.  All the PvE spots are similar, but they have a slightly different feel to them all.  Could that be a PvP fix?  :huh:

There appears to be a 'end game' for PvP where one side is so powerful it can squish any upcoming kingdoms easily because they are so strong.

So, I wonder if having more PvP spots would be good and if less would be bad.

If there are more PvP spots, there is the potential for different lands being dominated by different kingdoms, which could be more opportunities for dominate fun!  Could there be server vs server battles in PvP, or would that be way to difficult to master?  

I know the Epic game is a bit different, but if it's not working, maybe an idea would be to stop the Epic skill game curve, link the Epic lands to all of the other lands, and have at it.  No no no, don't kill me and take my little farm on Indy, we would still have PvE lands, just more PvP lands.  :)

I'm thinking of a kind of 'boost' to PvP, by having some high powered players from Epic joined into the mix if for no other reason than to just spice things up by making the Epic lands part of all the other lands.  All could reachable via a ship, if you choose to, or like to sail.  With this, there would be  more places for PvP to be played just like there are more places for PvE to live on.

So, to sum up..Join, not Merge.   Have more places to have PvP available so that different kingdoms can be the best on different islands.

(and maybe that will make for some epic like battles that are server vs server:o)

I don't think so, but I could be wrong. PvP stagnates the more developed the land is and the better the accounts are as the land gets developed faster. However, PvP also stagnates if there is too much land because there is a smaller chance that anyone will run into eachother thus no PvP if no contact.

Yes, the end-game balance is terrible. You have a six-month minimum gate on a new account to be able to properly participate in the actual combat.

It sounds fun, but the population is still a problem.

If players were allowed to PvP on Chaos and bring their gear over, it would even out the experience difference, the population difference, and the gear difference, so the snowball wouldn't be anywhere near as hard so yes you are right about that.

I'm still not sure about keeping all the servers though, PvPers live like we are in some east-side projects where we are all bunched up together because it is efficient. With enough population one Chaos sized server is more than enough tbh as long as the land is diverse as the chaos map is, unlike the elevation map where it is just a pancake with some bumps.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JakeRivers said:

-1 on the bi-weekly merge epic/chaos suggestion

go away already

Omfg is this guy really so scared? 15 epic boiz sent you away to deed for months, 5 epic boiz sent you running across hota, imagine the epic cluster being merged against your kingdom, omg... you already can...

+1 i want to see JakeRivers sand turn to blood

Edited by Mclovin
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Propheteer said:

(If they type /transfer on a freedom server, it would replace their skills with the ones they had on Epic. Curved skills ignored, actual skills only. No fix for the body stamina.)

Could you define this idea better?

Do you mean the skills as they show in the skill window (i.e. not the 'effective' skill), or do you mean the skill they would have had if they'd been playing on Freedom? If the latter, I don't believe that's actually possible to calculate fairly as it's not possible to replicate the skill ticks they would have received on Freedom had everything else been equal.

If it was possible I wouldn't have a problem with the idea, but because I don't believe it is possible to do it fairly I can't support the idea of porting Epic accounts to Freedom/Chaos.

im grinding a 90 skill on epic as if it's 99 on freedom ik it isnt fair

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hordern said:

Could you define this idea better?

Do you mean the skills as they show in the skill window (i.e. not the 'effective' skill), or do you mean the skill they would have had if they'd been playing on Freedom? If the latter, I don't believe that's actually possible to calculate fairly as it's not possible to replicate the skill ticks they would have received on Freedom had everything else been equal.

If it was possible I wouldn't have a problem with the idea, but because I don't believe it is possible to do it fairly I can't support the idea of porting Epic accounts to Freedom/Chaos.

as they show in the skill window, if you see 50.77, then it would be 50.77, not its effective counterpart.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mclovin said:

thats what most people don't get...

proph is awake 24/7

Edited by Quicktor
  • Like 4

I am fairly sure he means the actual skills in the window. And as an ex chaos , mostly inactive epic and freedom player as well as an active WU player I support this merge idea. I';d love to come back to  Chaos but not with these piddly little changes that are currently proposed that don't change anything.

17 minutes ago, Quicktor said:

thats what most people don't get...

proph is awake 24/7

there was a theory in rome that i am a sentient AI

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mclovin said:

Except it's not. You have to work on items as if it's 99 skill (so on a higher QL item or whatever to get the tick) but your skill tick frequency and size aren't the same at 90 on Epic as on Freedom at 99. It's like the frequency at 90 and 2x the size of Freedom at 90... So as long as you're working on the right thing in the right way, it's still faster on Epic.

6 minutes ago, Propheteer said:

there was a theory in rome that i am a nonsensient AI

ftfy

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hordern said:

Except it's not. You have to work on items as if it's 99 skill (so on a higher QL item or whatever to get the tick) but your skill tick frequency and size aren't the same at 90 on Epic as on Freedom at 99. It's like the frequency at 90 and 2x the size of Freedom at 90... So as long as you're working on the right thing in the right way, it's still faster on Epic.

i call ######, but then again just played this game for several years

it might aswell be that way though, but it doesn't feel like it

after all i couldn't even check cause my java skills are like my social skills

Edited by Quicktor
  • Like 2

1bff5c2d9e5ade270d4565d4509ea772.png

1ql shield on both, no enchants, no sb, no vyn follower, no bonuses

24 lws ticks on epic, 

45 lms ticks on freedom

tell me again how our frequency is the same

Edited by platinumteef
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Quicktor said:

i call ######, but then again just played this game for several years

it might aswell be that way though, but it doesn't feel like it

after all i couldn't even check cause my java skills are like my social skills

Considering how flipping long it takes to get from 90 to 99 or 100 on Freedom (I think most people agree that 90 to 100 takes as long if not longer than 1 to 90 on Freedom), and yet a fair number of people are up in the 99's or 100's on a bunch of skills on Epic (some of them just a couple of years after Epic opened), it's safe to say it's not slower on Epic to get that last bit.

5 minutes ago, platinumteef said:

1bff5c2d9e5ade270d4565d4509ea772.png

1ql shield on both, no enchants, no sb, no vyn follower, no bonuses

24 lms ticks on epic, 

45 lws ticks on freedom

tell me again how our frequency is the same

Because you're not training on the equivalent thing to get the equivalent difficulty. You need to target on Epic what you'd target on Freedom at 99 skill (so find a more appropriate target to train against).

Though I'd also like to point out that you still gained more skill on Epic despite having just over half the number of ticks, thus proving my other point - that tick size on Epic at 90 is not equivalent to Freedom at 99.

thread can be locked, was stated in another thread this would never happen.

the rest of my items and accounts will go up for sale, i can only wish i cashed out on everything sooner as the market is quite dead when you only have a choice selection of 10 people to sell to.

hopefully development can make reasonable changes within the next three to five years.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Hordern said:

Considering how flipping long it takes to get from 90 to 99 or 100 on Freedom (I think most people agree that 90 to 100 takes as long if not longer than 1 to 90 on Freedom), and yet a fair number of people are up in the 99's or 100's on a bunch of skills on Epic (some of them just a couple of years after Epic opened), it's safe to say it's not slower on Epic to get that last bit. 

Because you're not training on the equivalent thing to get the equivalent difficulty. You need to target on Epic what you'd target on Freedom at 99 skill (so find a more appropriate target to train against).

Though I'd also like to point out that you still gained more skill on Epic despite having just over half the number of ticks, thus proving my other point - that tick size on Epic at 90 is not equivalent to Freedom at 99.

I'll point out that I never suggested the tick size wasn't doubled on epic, it is. But the frequency of our ticks post 70 skill makes our skill gain nearly identical. This is the point that I called you out on and promptly shot down with supplied testing evidence. 

Pre70ish skill gain on Epic is nearly double what it is on Freedom. After that, you won't see much difference. And then you take into consideration that you have nothing else to do on Freedom except grind skills, and that you actually have a market with sleeping powder available with numbers in the hundreds on any given week, and raw materials available for grinding, people selling affinities. So please. Get off of the high horse.

fb388c379041aaa3f432064aea492436.png

I added some difficulty. This is 10minutes against a troll (more CR= more difficulty) though anyone with half a brain wouldn't train shields on a troll. 

22 lws ticks

And I'm sorry, but any algo thats implemented in a game can be reverse engineered with enough time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Propheteer said:

thread can be locked, was stated in another thread this would never happen.

the rest of my items and accounts will go up for sale tomorrow.

Don't give up on this!

both of my accounts and items are for sale as well :)

have been for a while though ;_;

Edited by Josh
  • Like 1

+1 for merge, and make it smaller then Chaos, so people would be FORCED to pvp couse of less land space

• Like 1

-1 until some people that actually understand the code and know how to skill properly make a fair way to transfer all skills to freedom.

Anyone that keeps saying epic is harder at 90+ simply doenst know their ######