Sign in to follow this  
Propheteer

completely wipe epic

wipe?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. wipe?

Allow all premium accounts and their inventories a one-time migration to the freedom cluster if they wish to keep them.

Wipe and reset the map, clean off the items, and wipe the remaining accounts.

Why?

The game, from a PvP perspective is the most fun on a new server with new accounts. The rate of stagnation will be much slower as people just aren't able to do the things that would create blatant imbalance nor are they able to abuse the mechanics in place to stagnate PvP. People care less on newer accounts with less risk and thus more PvP. If you keep the same ratio of skills and the curve, the game will also last a while for the sandbox too as players won't be able to get insane accounts and quit in a week.

I know a lot of people would come back if everything was fresh, a sense of exploration and a new sense of competition. A lot of the PvPers across both clusters have already quit and a new slate would be sure to bring a lot back, regardless of the changes made.

I also know that I myself would re-prem up both of my accounts, and go back to funding deeds again.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 1

We need a fresh 3 years on epic - To much ######/account stacks has piled up - we need fresh mechanics followed by fresh accounts on a fresh map - I rather see the near year as a newbie in chain than the next year on deed looking at a empty local in a 10 player populated cluster in seryll.

Or make a new server and keep epic for those who think it will survive and you will see for yourself.

• Like 1

+1 Would definitely reprem all of my accounts and play for this. As would many people i know.

Epic is in a bad state, you (staff) honestly have nothing to lose by doing this, and a lot to gain.

• Like 2

If this were to happen i'm sure a lot of the people that i used to play with would return

I'd also see a reason to reprem again

Would most likely make me return to the game and reprem.

A yeah, the joys of a refreshing clean slate inwhich not 99% of the available map is conquered by a single faction due to lack of avaiable players in other factions. Would reprem + start again

New servers will help only short time :( We have on time on chaos and epic not pvp, we have dvp - dev versus player!

They are more bugs and rules as players!

Fix the bugs and let all free play like old wild-server and players are return :P

Have fun ... ;)

why dont we just merge epic with chaos

• Like 1

Just now, khatanka said:

New servers will help only short time :( We have on time on chaos and epic not pvp, we have dvp - dev versus player!

They are more bugs and rules as players!

Fix the bugs and let all free play like old wild-server and players are return :P

Have fun ... ;)

new server will last for a short time because everyone has skilled up accounts and can throw up their massive deeds in bout a week tops, and everyone still cares as much about their gear and reputation.

i think new server + new accounts is a different scenario, i know no matter what changed i would never play again on an old server.

Edited by Propheteer

because a single entity of 'wurm online' isn't a good idea apparently 

2 minutes ago, Huntar said:

why dont we just merge epic with chaos

rolf said it wasn't being considered since 30% voted no for it or something

hopefully it'll be considered now that we've lost like 60% of the epic playerbase that we had when we did the poll

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Worksock said:

rolf said it wasn't being considered since 30% voted no for it or something

hopefully it'll be considered now that we've lost like 60% of the epic playerbase that we had when we did the poll

30% no is less than 70% yes?????

more than 50% should be considered

Just now, Huntar said:

30% no is less than 70% yes?????

more than 50% should be considered

itll be mr chaos to consist of 91% of the no votes again ill betcha this right now

Edited by Propheteer

Does this game still have a subscription fee? Why? WHY!?

Make free,
gain noobs,
???
Propheteer 

• Like 1

Here's why there's no way this will happen.

1) Elevation's reset was a unanimous disaster. The same people who voted for that still left but for different "reasons".

2) The folks who do play Epic right now (which is pretty much no one voting for this reset as you've all quit, or have proudly stated so in other threads) will likely take this as the last straw and leave as well. So when you lot get bored again or quit for new "reasons", we'll have exactly no one left playing on epic.

3) Last, and likely the most important reason, we are in the middle of working through changes to PvP. What's on Test isn't everything. Epic will be a focus as will Chaos. There's no chance of a wipe happening until everything has been done.

So that's pretty much that. A few nails in this coffin for you. Feel free to do your usual. (Refreshes) - Ah, you already have! Good. :) Would hate to see mature answers from this lot. It would dull the fun.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Keenan said:

1) Elevation's reset was a unanimous disaster. The same people who voted for that still left but for different "reasons".

30 to 200 population for a few months was a unanimous disaster? I quit for the same reason i did the first time, it got stagnated, this time only faster because everyone had good accounts.

2) The folks who do play Epic right now (which is pretty much no one voting for this reset as you've all quit, or have proudly stated so in other threads) will likely take this as the last straw and leave as well. So when you lot get bored again or quit for new "reasons", we'll have exactly no one left playing on epic.

Might want to check again.

3) Last, and likely the most important reason, we are in the middle of working through changes to PvP. What's on Test isn't everything. Epic will be a focus as will Chaos. There's no chance of a wipe happening until everything has been done.

If you want to make sweeping generalizations about the people posting in this thread, ill make a sweeping generalization about the out of touch development team making changes at a snails pace that WU server owners have made in days time with a smaller team, you know, the same development team who have yet to really revise the main parts of pvp balance that have been complained about since their implementation. Also, arent you the dev who wanted to do background file management instead of pushing Epic fixes?

So that's pretty much that. A few nails in this coffin for you. Feel free to do your usual. (Refreshes) - Ah, you already have! Good. :) Would hate to see mature answers from this lot. It would dull the fun.

Edited by Propheteer

Just now, Propheteer said:

30 to 200 population for a few months was a unanimous disaster? I quit for the same reason i did the first time, it got stagnated, this time only faster because everyone had good accounts.

Likely seen as that due to the fact that the population of Elevation is now smaller than it was pre-reset.

2 minutes ago, Firestarter said:

Likely seen as that due to the fact that the population of Elevation is now smaller than it was pre-reset.

Hardly a difference actually, phoning @Darklords , graph master.

Edited by Propheteer

4 minutes ago, Keenan said:

Yep, thats is was has killing pvp on epic and chaos. Grats for that :huh:

6 minutes ago, Keenan said:

It was a disastor because the map sucked lmfao and now that you called it that you can reset with a new map, thanks m8

I have no problem with the idea of resets for Epic. TBH before Epic was released I was under the impression (as were many) that it was going to have regular resets (6 months to a couple of years or so). However, for reasons that have been stated many times in other threads I cannot support any request for inventories and skill sets to be ported from Epic to Freedom/Chaos.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Budda said:

Epic won't be wiped.

can we at least get a merge pls

i want my characters on a cluster with more than 15person average population

• Like 1

Seeing as you have now had replies from not one, but two devs, and are now going down the road of trolling them, this thread will be locked.

-Firestarter

(Lead Forum Moderator)

• Like 1