Sign in to follow this  
Hordern

A Dark Room

Reminds me of Candy Box and Candy Box 2; though, didn't take long to explore and max everything out in those.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2016 at 0:37 PM, Klaa said:

Reminds me of Candy Box and Candy Box 2; though, didn't take long to explore and max everything out in those.

Couldn't believe no one had mentioned those in this thread yet, they're so lovable and quirky.  And always +1 to A Dark Room.

On 7/26/2016 at 9:15 PM, Warlander said:

Absolutely do not click any of the links below. :)

Kittens Game

XKCD Sandcastle Builder

Realm Grinder

Seriously... Don't do that :D

I tried the Kittens game...  dear lord.  I'm at year 200, trying to grind up enough science to get anywhere near researching these industrial-era techs and I don't understand why I'm even still playing, lol.  I finally broke down and looked at the reddit and wiki.  It seems like you just keep going and going and going, and then reset for some paragons or w/e and then keep going and going and going...   if you were able to just let it sit for 5 hours like you can with A Dark Room, I wouldn't mind, but you have to keep monitoring and building bit by bit by FRICKIN BIT.

*deep breaths*

I don't think I'm going to see where it leads - curiosity isn't worth the time/addiction. :P

On ‎30‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 1:08 PM, Fireflyb said:

I tried the Kittens game...  dear lord.  I'm at year 200, trying to grind up enough science to get anywhere near researching these industrial-era techs and I don't understand why I'm even still playing, lol.  I finally broke down and looked at the reddit and wiki.  It seems like you just keep going and going and going, and then reset for some paragons or w/e and then keep going and going and going...   if you were able to just let it sit for 5 hours like you can with A Dark Room, I wouldn't mind, but you have to keep monitoring and building bit by bit by FRICKIN BIT.

*deep breaths*

I don't think I'm going to see where it leads - curiosity isn't worth the time/addiction. :P

Sounds like you could try Realm Grinder - it's a cross between the two from what you've said about Kittens - it's easy to leave Realm Grinder alone for any period of time and it doesn't have an end from what I can see from any guides.

5 hours ago, Hordern said:

Sounds like you could try Realm Grinder - it's a cross between the two from what you've said about Kittens - it's easy to leave Realm Grinder alone for any period of time and it doesn't have an end from what I can see from any guides.

Every incremental have "end" whe  there is simply no new things to do instead of just raising numbers. In all games I mentioned reaching this stage requires weeks or months of playing tho.

On Sandcastle Builder I am around NewPix 1010 (+/- 40 days of gameplay non-stop) and still feel like I didn't even explored half of the game. :D

In case of Realm Grinder, you reset the game VERY often - later in game, sometimes even 4-5 times per hour. Its mechanics are basically built around getting some gems, doing soft resets to reach even more gems and - when you have enough of them - doing "hard" reset to unlock new features and some bonuses.