Sign in to follow this  
Hordern

A Dark Room

http://adarkroom.doublespeakgames.com/

Started this yesterday but I have a LOT of time on my hands in my current job so I'd guess I'm a reasonable way in. Pretty simple, but each time I get to a point of thinking 'is that it?' I come across another new area/system to explore/do stuff with.

Easy enough to leave ticking over in the background.

My one suggestion - never bother buying ANYTHING (except Bolases which can be useful) unless you have the most ludicrous stockpile of furs sitting around. You can find/make everything you need easily enough.

• Like 4

Oh my gosh Hordern. Why!!! Wurm was taking up enough of my time!!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Odynn said:

dem huts burn too fast...

They really do!! And the meat is decaying to fast. By the time I get enough meat to build the smoke house I am out of wood and by the timeI get enough wood my meat has all decayed. lol

Edited by Zachariah

Lol, I didn't come across those issues because my work is basically big gaps of nothing then flurries of activity for 2 to 5 mins. Yes, I had the occasional hut burn down, but because I was around to click 'gather wood' so much I found it easy to get my smokehouse up.

I'm just trying to finish up exploring my map before I leave the area for good. No idea if that's the end of the game or not or if that takes me on to a new stage.

Damn you Hordern, was going to play Wurm, now......gathering wood and meat.........

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rhianna said:

Damn you Hordern, was going to play Wurm, now......gathering wood and meat.........

Totally unlike Wurm in every way!

• Like 3

This game doesnt mess around either. I have a pack of beats come into my village and slaughter the entire village. No one was left. 

8 minutes ago, Zachariah said:

This game doesnt mess around either. I have a pack of beats come into my village and slaughter the entire village. No one was left. 

But you get a load of meat and furs and new villagers rock up pretty soon ;) Better than a fire because you don't need to rebuild the huts!

• Like 1

wait till you can explore a bit, starvation is real here.

8 minutes ago, Odynn said:

wait till you can explore a bit, starvation is real here.

Aye to get very far at all you need to build up to a convoy (need steel for that), even then I'm still dying when I try and get to the map edges if I've not planned my route well enough. Use the replenishment piles for the route back :)

Oh, and don't forget to keep an eye on your water too, that's caught me out a couple of times when I was concentrating only on food!

2 hours ago, Hordern said:

http://adarkroom.doublespeakgames.com/

Started this yesterday but I have a LOT of time on my hands in my current job so I'd guess I'm a reasonable way in. Pretty simple, but each time I get to a point of thinking 'is that it?' I come across another new area/system to explore/do stuff with.

Easy enough to leave ticking over in the background.

My one suggestion - never bother buying ANYTHING (except Bolases which can be useful) unless you have the most ludicrous stockpile of furs sitting around. You can find/make everything you need easily enough.

Absolutely do not click any of the links below. :)

Kittens Game

XKCD Sandcastle Builder

Realm Grinder

Seriously... Don't do that :D

• Like 1

XKCD have a game? No way I'm not clicking that when I'm done with this game :D

4 minutes ago, Hordern said:

XKCD have a game? No way I'm not clicking that when I'm done with this game :D

Yep, and it is pretty much Dwarf Fortress of incremental games... It requires lots of patience, almost nothing comes or happens instantly, every little while new mechanisms appear (or old ones are being heavily changed), the whole game is filled with XKCD and other references. :)

Just my advise - after first three ONG's (90 minutes realtime) do lumpy down (soft reset) as this gives some stuff which will be useful later on.

*few hours later*

wait... what did i planned to do on Wurm ?!

• Like 1

lets just blame hordern for driving more players out of wurm. I mean, they have guns in that one !!!

• Like 2

the more I discover, the more I can build... when will it let me go back to wurming??!

hah nice game thank you

Spoiler

ac72ae1800367353d7fff9b014994d51.png

Edited by Majqo

Curse you Hordern and Warlander! :P

May the fleas of a thousand camels feast on your hind regions!

finished once, back to another loop, i will add a locust plague to klaa curse!

finished twice. think i explored all the options.

Edited by Odynn

95,300 points. Likely because I went to the effort of uncovering almost the entire map.

Would have finished yesterday but work suddenly came up and gave me stuff to do *shakes fist*

On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 1:27 PM, Warlander said:

Yep, and it is pretty much Dwarf Fortress of incremental games... It requires lots of patience, almost nothing comes or happens instantly

It requires more patience than I have. I clicked on everything and barring getting a load of +1's on the picture, I achieved precisely nothing in about 15 mins. Possibly my dreadful work computer with horrible IE isn't set up correctly for possible pop-ups/cursor tips or other things that might be required for the game to function correctly.

31 minutes ago, Hordern said:

It requires more patience than I have. I clicked on everything and barring getting a load of +1's on the picture, I achieved precisely nothing in about 15 mins. Possibly my dreadful work computer with horrible IE isn't set up correctly for possible pop-ups/cursor tips or other things that might be required for the game to function correctly.

Nope, it is just veeery slow - some things start to happen after few hours, it gets fast enough to play semi-actively after few days. After reaching certain stage (telling it would be a spoiler, but it takes few weeks to reach it) it is possible to play it actively.

In early stage of the game, most things happen every 30 minutes (later on - 1 hour). Clock on a top countdowns time left (with in-game unit of measure whis is roughly 2 times slower than real time, later on 4 times slower).

Lol, OK, I'll see what happens then. I assumed I'd have been able to make SOMETHING happen in 15 mins :P