Sign in to follow this  
Joeix

Rift loot for winner?

I have won an Exodus rift about 20 minutes ago, and all i got was 0.26kg ql92 seryll at the end. Nothing during the event. Is this right?

Such reward really doesn't feel appropriate for the winner, considering many others got much better loot.

• Like 1

According to recent changes, loot can only be gained from champion creatures, and I believe the warmaster.

• Like 1

Patch notes 14 July 2016:

• Final loot table is now random between seryll, glimmer and adamantine lumps. Lump weight will be dependant on participation in the same manner as QL
  • Rift creatures (except for champions and the warmaster) no longer have a chance to drop rift loot.
  • Rift loot will now have a chance to drop when the Rift is closed based on participation levels. Higher participation level will mean more chances to get a loot drop.

So I think winner would be getting more than 0.26kg lump, his participation is highest, he should be getting heaviest lump, at least.

2 hours ago, Firestarter said:

According to recent changes, loot can only be gained from champion creatures, and I believe the warmaster.

Not true, it hands out loot at the end as well. 

How do you actually win a rift?

Did you place in the top of the points? That has no bearing as near as I can tell on type of lump reward you get. Did you just tag each mob then run away (if you made the top of the list this sounds like your MO and that means you were not hanging around to kill things as you would have so much aggro). This will no longer give you a reward unless you are within 4 tiles of the mob when it dies. 

4 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

How do you actually win a rift?

Did you place in the top of the points? That has no bearing as near as I can tell on type of lump reward you get. Did you just tag each mob then run away (if you made the top of the list this sounds like your MO and that means you were not hanging around to kill things as you would have so much aggro). This will no longer give you a reward unless you are within 4 tiles of the mob when it dies. 

I got the highest number of points, which are awarded when mob dies and you are fighting it, from what I observed. If you run away and mob dies, you are not getting points even if it is still tagged. So runaway tactics does not work even for points, and I was not perfoming it. You shall be getting points for healing too, and I used healing spells on me and others as well.

From what I get, participation is the points, so the more points, the more participation: most points = most participation = heaviest lump awarded. If not, someone explain the actual mechanics pls.

Actual mechanics is based on wurm rng.

We do them on chaos with small groups and its funny at times how the drops happen and the end rewards are given out. Don't worry about tagging every single thing, just focus on one at a time and the drops happen. Make sure you get on champ and boss kills as well. Then the final strategy is make sure you are holding your lucky rabbits foot.

Edited by JakeRivers

So what score as "winner" did you get?  Like the one below, which was a 83ql 0.35kg glimmer (not rare).  (Edit, was noting the lump size and ql and the randomness, also got bracelet and shoulders, but since he said he "won" was wondering how he got since most people who did phenomenal seemed to get several things)

jdq6lEQ.png

Edited by ClericGunem