Sign in to follow this  
Wulfmaer

Rift - Reported 20th July (Rift Closed)

The rift announced 20th July is to the south west of Rome. The route marked on the map is a packed dirt path - it is passable on foot (not that I expect many to be on foot) - turn off the road by the bear lair and head west.

auction_timer_E1469221091.gif

yA2Cvdl.png

Edited by Wulfmaer
rift now closed

27 minutes ago, happyh7 said:

What cords is it at?

L17.

Thanks to those who packed the path!

First of all, thanks to Macoofer for healing and great job everyone!

Second of all, if you lost a horse around H19 on your way back from the rift I found it, please PM me with the name and color to get it back. [Why are there so many wild horses swimming in that bay??]

Say cheese

Spoiler

wurm.20160722.2258_zpsjyvi0czs.jpg

Spoiler

wurm.20160722.2258_1_zps1xctxdh4.jpg

Third wave was an agony as usual but i've heard lesser deaths than in some previous rifts. A few horses died and some got attacked by the rift beasts, perhaps next time would be best to build the camping spots slightly farther from the rift zone. Seems like luring / pulling the majority of mobs is the way to get through the harder waves, getting some score for those who spend their time running around and keeping large masses busy would be nice.

Tnx all for the support, kind words and fun ofcourse!  It got a bit hectic at one point but we battled through :)

Tnx also to those who supported the healing part with various donations, I will definitely bring him back next time :)

Sailing home now!

Mac

After a very well organized pre-rift warmup (fence bashing by Gunnbjorn) and some tactical cat'n'mouse run (by Blazion) the invasion was successfully denied once again.

No tundra tiles were harmed during this rift :) (actually at least two new tundra tiles spawned from the ice pillars)

Thank you Mac'oof!'er for wonderful greeny goodness!

OL2667x.jpg

Edited by Shmeric

Many thanks for the healers and other organization. It was the first rift for me and I wasn't sure if I would survive anyways. At it was relatively close and the time was nice, I gave it a try and joined during the second wave. It was a very nice experience and many thanks for the healers who fixed everything rather fast. If the next rift is nearby, I will participate again for sure ;)

Another rift over - even having some the southern portion of the rift inaccessible with the mountainside didn't seem cause too much of a problem - other than the camping spots being a little too close.

7 hours ago, MashHiven said:

perhaps next time would be best to build the camping spots slightly farther from the rift zone.

This is always a good idea - not only putting them outside the range of the casting mobs, but also allowing enough distance for the mobs to disengage and run back into the rift. Rather than having them camp by the gate waiting for you to come out.

A big thanks to Macoofer, and the other healers.

Edited by Wulfmaer