Sign in to follow this  
TradingAlt

PUBLIC PVP CHANGES THREAD (BY THE REAL PVPERS)

12 hours ago, Oreo said:

Gloria Victis is doing pretty good also, lot of updates since Steam Release and is really fun.

Laggy though it may be, but that's what every game that is a start up from a new company.

But I will be playing LiF MMO when it comes out most likely, I really like their system of Government/Nation Building.. whatever you want to call it.

I will see you in LIF Online.  Just bought the game today which gets me into wave 3 of beta coming soon.

53 minutes ago, Puertorro said:

I will see you in LIF Online.  Just bought the game today which gets me into wave 3 of beta coming soon.

I've been a tester ever since day 1 of alpha testing, also played LiF: YO a fairly bit. Yo was fun but its the same situation as WU, and I dont like player ran servers. It definitely has promise and ive been playing the closed betas bit but they're quite limited with what you can do atm.

The MMO map size is insane though apparently, the size of each square on it is the size of the whole LIF: YO map from what i've read

Edited by Josh
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Puertorro said:

Well this is gonna be a race between WO devs and LIF devs:

http://massivelyop.com/2016/01/08/life-is-feudal-transforms-into-an-mmo-with-its-march-beta-test/

If they open their mmo before wurm makes any changes that attracts me, then I am definitely switching over.

lol just like the 30 other ###### times. LIF is a pos and will always be. least Wurm has past to work off of.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ausimus said:

lol just like the 30 other ###### times. LIF is a pos and will always be. least Wurm has past to work off of.

Your statement makes no sense whatsoever.  This thread was literally made to ###### and complain about changes that we wish they make to the game, and they refuse to make them.  So yes, they have "past to work of".  But that is EXACTLY the problem, a lot of broken mechanics that they refuse to fix.  Anyways, both have plenty of time to work on their flaws, the first one to make a functioning PVP MMO wins.

2 hours ago, Puertorro said:

Your statement makes no sense whatsoever.  This thread was literally made to ###### and complain about changes that we wish they make to the game, and they refuse to make them.  So yes, they have "past to work of".  But that is EXACTLY the problem, a lot of broken mechanics that they refuse to fix.  Anyways, both have plenty of time to work on their flaws, the first one to make a functioning PVP MMO wins.

I don't see how having a system in place to work with broken yet usable code is worse than no code at all.

But hey I guess your of the 50% that namekat spoke of earlier.

Edited by ausimus

2 hours ago, Josh said:

Its kind of hard to call LIF a piece of ###### when their player base is 10x that of wurms...

Bit of an exaggeration but not much

LIF: http://steamcharts.com/app/290080

WU: http://steamcharts.com/app/366220

Might as well not even add WO. Its playerbase hardly counts, but if you want feel free

playerbase =/= good game

LIF has been out for a long time, has a lot of incomplete features, buggy mechanics and terrible balance. It's no better than Wurm, sorry that the graphics being better should convince you otherwise.

As for my choice, i'd rather have the game with ###### combat and great sandbox mechanics (Wurm) over the game with poor combat and poor sandbox mechanics (LIF), but i don't play either, because myself, like the other DF vets wants a game with great combat and at least poor sandbox mechanics.

CoE/RGF ftw

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 2

Cant have a good multiplayer game without a good playerbase. Just isnt happening

(granted this is all opinion, cuz apparently some of you "pvpers" like being the only people on a whole server doing nothing but watching the rest of the server leave)

Edited by Josh
  • Like 1

Gloria Victis looks pretty good. Combat looks amazing and I love the concept of building the castles. I do agree LIF still needs a lot more, like making buildings tile based like wurm instead of prefab. That kills creativity and also screws up setting up buildings strategically like in Wurm. I would rather continue playing Wurm than start over in another game. But, given that development in this game is pretty much stagnant, I refuse to pay them a monthly fee for nothing in return. And Freedom is a No-Go, thats what WU is for to be a care-bear

• Like 1

You do need playerbase for a healthy server but what proph said is the reason i havnt touched LIF since alpha and the reality of what thr game became. Same with DF another pos game... Great in only 1 thing and thats combat but 0 sandbox content.

Sadly wurm really is the only game that offers the best sandbox content with pretty good combat when you arent affected by bugs. Wurm needs to focus on appealing to newer players experience and if they can figure out how to double their current active pop that could be a start to seeing the game pick up once again. 

• Like 2

On 7/27/2016 at 5:48 AM, Puertorro said:

Gloria Victis looks pretty good. Combat looks amazing and I love the concept of building the castles. I do agree LIF still needs a lot more, like making buildings tile based like wurm instead of prefab. That kills creativity and also screws up setting up buildings strategically like in Wurm. I would rather continue playing Wurm than start over in another game. But, given that development in this game is pretty much stagnant, I refuse to pay them a monthly fee for nothing in return. And Freedom is a No-Go, thats what WU is for to be a care-bear

I tried Gloria victis before but the gameplay didn't really seem engaging or to point you in any direction, and rakki ended up finding some bug that gave him infinite hp so he was invincible and that really sorta was the last nail in its coffin for me 

• Like 1

if the development team really wanted to go after the issues of PvP servers they would have already.  with the negligible things that are being tested now, how is it a surprise to any of you? from the top to bottom PvP needs a serious rework but it won't happen until Epic and Chaos are in the red.  I'm not be a pessimist, name one groundbreaking change that has been put on the live servers for the past couple of years?  (and by groundbreaking i don't mean gamebreaking)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Alexgopen said:

I tried Gloria victis before but the gameplay didn't really seem engaging or to point you in any direction, and rakki ended up finding some bug that gave him infinite hp so he was invincible and that really sorta was the last nail in its coffin for me 

kid pls

theres no such thing anymore, other than loading in and bugging out as 'dead' which fixes itself

but i mean when you actively look for those kinds of things in any game you play, you're bound to find something

and its alpha, updates weekly and what not

Edited by Oreo

9 hours ago, Mojo said:

if the development team really wanted to go after the issues of PvP servers they would have already.  with the negligible things that are being tested now, how is it a surprise to any of you? from the top to bottom PvP needs a serious rework but it won't happen until Epic and Chaos are in the red.  I'm not be a pessimist, name one groundbreaking change that has been put on the live servers for the past couple of years?  (and by groundbreaking i don't mean gamebreaking)

old ele hota flattening broke the ground pretty good

• Like 1

If i were rolf i would make wurm pvp a separate game than wurm pve that way wurm pvp would have a team of dedicated devs that work for the sake of making pvp better. They would not have to go from pvp and pve and get mixed up. I have a dream where big youtubers make videos of this wurm pvp showing huge 50 vs 50+ battles and talk about how great that game is. Where there's pvp everyday and the combat log updates so quickly that you have to scroll up to be able to read what is happening. 

• Like 1

I thought Wurm Unlimited was going to be that but it was a mini-lif

2 minutes ago, Mclovin said:

wu would be good if it werent for rampant cheats/client mods/macros/no way to restrict any of this

3 minutes ago, Mclovin said:

I'm talking about something similar to wu except no private servers, only one pvp server that works and that's official. with a monthly premium fee just like wo.

Edited by ownerpure5

1 minute ago, ownerpure5 said:

I'm talking about something similar to wu except no private servers, only one pvp server that works and that's official. with a monthly premium fee just like wo.

so challenge then

Just now, Alexgopen said:

so challenge then

Yeah except that it would be like 1/5th or 1/4th of the skill rate with a 3 - 5x actions and it would have a dedicated team of devs that would work constantly towards improving it and it would not be dumped like challenge was. 

i'd be down for another challenge, providing they don't do what they screwed up in the end of the first (fantastic bones), or the respawning with gear of the 2nd

On 7/26/2016 at 2:16 AM, Josh said:

I've been a tester ever since day 1 of alpha testing, also played LiF: YO a fairly bit. Yo was fun but its the same situation as WU, and I dont like player ran servers. It definitely has promise and ive been playing the closed betas bit but they're quite limited with what you can do atm.

The MMO map size is insane though apparently, the size of each square on it is the size of the whole LIF: YO map from what i've read

Yeah! The maps is really big. Zehive and I were rolling around on it for a bit, finding ore is a lot easier than on YO maps. We were chilling in steppe lands.