Sign in to follow this  
Traveler777

Altered Metals for Weapons and Armor

Had an idea... want to see a "dark metal" in the game so I started thinking about. Love dark metal materials in games and in the spirit of the Light/Dark forces in Wurm came up with this. You would use the regular metals (iron, admantium, glimmersteel, even gold and silver) but put them through a "follower/priest" with/or instead of alchemy, process to alter the metal. I call it "Blighted Metal"(negative and obsidian colored) and blessed (obvious opposite) Metal (positive side). I had this too..." uses any type metal but you put some negative aura material with it...blood, bone...etc... and "The spell/ alchemic liquid/follower's spirit twists and warps the metal causing it to be blighted (or blessed)!” Make it a follower benefit... (expand on follower ideas too, maybe 2x effectiveness for Priest of that belief). You would take any metal and subject it to the process of changing it to the positive/negative effects and might even alter it to "This armor benefits wearer who follow ....." and opposite aligned would suffer some sort of negative effect. This is just a starter idea. But the effects would use current metals, current Black/White dye colors, and follower 'tweaked' effects. What do you think?

You could use the Bless or Desecrate in conjunction with this too.

Edited by Traveler777
reader asked for spell check..even though they could not spell out "please" and use plz..lol