Sign in to follow this  
Pandalet

Transferring items from BSBs (and BSB-like containers)

Heh, I'd forgotten this suggestion.  Still seems like it may be useful, tho, if it's not too complicated to implement.

I actually made a mod for wu that implemented something like this, the jist of it was check what you are transferring to if it is a bulk container then if the "as many as i can carry" was selected then calculate the max amount left in the target container and transfer the largest possible amount as 1 enlarged lump of the correct quality as one complaint I had was that it lead to some lag as people would move thousands of items around regularly, which in case you are not aware essentially removes 1 item from the bsb adds it to the other bsb and then iterates untill all items are done. My mod no longer works as I stopped playing and therefore stopped maintaining it but the principal should work of adding an extra if statement for transfers between bulk storage containers.

+1. And while you're at it, automatically include partial items along with the rest of the stack when withdrawing or moving containers.

I am glad I looked in this thread, I was about to post about this as an option from a BSB to other containers.

Moving 900 dirt from a BSB to 3 large crates is rather annoying not to mention placing players at risk of a repetitive motion injury.  Should still take about the same time as it would manually and perhaps only move as many items per action as we could carry anyways.

So definately +1 for this.