Sign in to follow this  
Darmalus

Let Seals graze in water.

Right now, seals are kinda weird, being carnivores that only eat fish but don't seem to be able to fish for themselves, and other sinister behavior.

I say let seals "graze" in any body of water big enough to fish in.

Let them be able to eat club...

...sandwiches

They already can..my seal pen has a pond in the middle deep enough to fish in.

I have never fed my seals and they have been fat for the whole time.

2 hours ago, Becket said:

They already can..my seal pen has a pond in the middle deep enough to fish in.

I have never fed my seals and they have been fat for the whole time.

I've heard this a lot, and I tried breeding seals myself for a while, and it seemed to be the case... but I'm not sure it is.

I think carnivores get hungry much less quickly than other animals in general, so maybe that's how they manage to stay near-full with very little feeding? It's worth noting that pregnant seals require a lot of manual feeding.

Waaaa I can't do a pond for my seals because of the elevation. I didn't know they could fish for themselves! How deep does it have to be??

4 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

I think carnivores get hungry much less quickly than other animals in general, so maybe that's how they manage to stay near-full with very little feeding?

Depends on the carnivore. Right now my carnivores eating the least are champ dogs, who eat a fraction of the amount that plain dogs eat, and non-pregnant champ cats. The other animals that need feeding are eating a lot, except I don't know what the murderous seals are up to. Now I see I have to keep my eye on them.

Seals being able to graze is news to me. Ours never did even with a pen deep enough to fish in, would slowly starve if not fed caught fish. But that was also almost 1.5 years ago.

7 hours ago, LorraineJ said:

Waaaa I can't do a pond for my seals because of the elevation. I didn't know they could fish for themselves! How deep does it have to be??

My slopes are 20+ in the water.