Sign in to follow this  
Maximillian

Farming skill gain analyzer

I made this small java app to give a break down of each farming action so you can adjust your rake quality or field difficulty. I don't know yet what the ideal number of fails versus over success but I'm guessing it'll likely be close to even fails to over success. Maybe even slightly more fails to get more 100% skill tick chances. I'm using a 50ql rake farming corn at 70skill right now and getting far better ticks rates then using a low quality rake.

Please give this a good test and if you like give us the rake quality, crop and farming level you have with any results.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=03039674427304416884

http://i67.tinypic.com/vgk95x.jpg can't seem to get this picture to show up?

Just locate the event log for the date you wish to analyze, select the start and end day if you're monthly logging and click analyze.

Total is total farming actions, not counting sow and harvest.

Ticks is the number of skill ticks you gained while farming only.

I think the rate is self explanatory.

There are five different messages upon tending a field:

• The field is tended - Failure
  • The field is now tended - Weak success, always a farming skill gain
  • The field looks better after your tending - Mediocre success, sometimes a farming skill gain
  • The field is now groomed - Good success, no farming skill gain
  • The field is now nicely groomed - Excellent success, no farming skill gain

The success rate does not seem to influence crop output, but it gives feedback on the difficulty of the crop vs your farming skill. Need to verify if rake quality influences the difficulty curve.

On a side note I'm not entirely sure how to format the data that is shown so if you have any ideas please let me know. I do have intentions of expanding on the analyzer to most likely do mining next.

Edited by Maximillian

I've made a similar thing a while ago - https://trewq.pl/wurm/farming/

Feel free to use it if you prefer browser-based over a java program.

But after that, WU came out and we learned more, and i didn't update this one because it wasn't all that useful anymore.. :)

Need to verify if rake quality influences the difficulty curve.

It doesn't have to do with difficulty, but yes, rake quality does matter.

Success rate does increase crop output btw, but in a minor way.

Edited by asdf

Rake ql may not directly change difficulty but if i use a 90ql take will get many over successes and if I use a 1 ql I will get more fails so it has a effect like difficulty. Having the correct ql rake makes a huge difference and since lowest ql isn't always best I think this should be useful for a farmer. Sadly there isn't many around but after I add some other skills this should be more useful.

• Like 1

Moved to Toolbelt.

asdf, I don't know what you want changed in your post.  All I can say is that editing has always worked fine for me.

Edited by Pandalet

Oh, it works in chrome! But not in firefox. In firefox, the "save" button while editing does nothing.

If you could hide my other post please, thanks.

From WU code: farming skill, rake quality, and nature skill all work together to make a "modified skill" (at least for rake actions where the crop isn't weeds). Using a tool that is higher quality than your skill gives you an effective higher skill and the opposite is true when the tool is lower then. Nature benefits appears to be very small and folks can't really tweak it. but it might distort empirical data evaluations.

Crop difficulties are also in WU code, not sure if its the same for WO but it seems about right. The last number is the difficulty.

CROP_BARLEY(0, "barley", 28, 28, "handfuls", 20.0),
CROP_WHEAT(1, "wheat", 29, 29, "handfuls", 30.0),
CROP_RYE(2, "rye", 30, 30, "handfuls", 10.0),
CROP_OAT(3, "oat", 31, 31, "handfuls", 15.0),
CROP_CORN(4, "corn", 32, 32, "stalks", 40.0),
CROP_PUMPKIN(5, "pumpkin", 34, 33, "", 15.0),
CROP_POTATO(6, "potato", 35, 35, "", 4.0),
CROP_COTTON(7, "cotton", 145, 144, "bales", 7.0),
CROP_WEMP(8, "wemp", 317, 316, "bales", 10.0),
CROP_GARLIC(9, "garlic", 356, 356, "bunch", 70.0),
CROP_ONION(10, "onion", 355, 355, "bunch", 60.0),
CROP_REED(11, "reed", 744, 743, "bales", 20.0),
CROP_RICE(12, "rice", 746, 746, "handfuls", 80.0),
CROP_STRAWBERRIES(13, "strawberries", 750, 362, "handfuls", 60.0)

I have a break down on difficulties but what exactly does difficulty mean? 50difficulty doesn't seem to mean 50skill required so we'd still need some way to get the best rake QL.

Unless your going to datamine WU and figure out how difficulty works into the code's function the exact values aren't useful. But they are useful as a general reference of what crops are harder or easier than others. I do have an open project to simulate outcomes based on the code in WU. Although, It is nowhere near done.

oh yea, I forgot something in above: "From WU code: farming skill, rake quality, and nature skill all work together to make a "modified skill". Rake skill is in that list also.