Sign in to follow this  
Audrel

What happened to rare rolls?

Hundreds of imp operations this weekend. Nothing.

Thousands of shards and ores the past week. Nothing.

I'm not talking about rare items here. I'm talking about just getting a roll.

The only rare rolls I have gotten of late are when fighting mobs and I got two 20 coppers and one 5 copper.

Rares do seem more ummm rare lately. Normally road making, mining, leveling etc I get tons of rare dirt and rocks. I had only 2 with all the dirt I dug the one day highway making. It is a very random thing, so maybe we just have bad luck as of late.

Guess it's time to bump this old thread again. Sorry to hear you're once again having this problem.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/125875-no-rare-rolls/&page=1

In one week, it will be a year since I, and others reported this same problem (as you likely know). Never did get an official response to our bug reports, despite many others having the same problem. Perhaps you will have more luck here in your thread. Gotta figure tho, after a year of silence, I suppose we should all move on, and take it as a big F U.

• Like 1

I was just talking about it Freedom and it might just be a span of bad luck. Others seem to be getting them. I just am not. I have never had as many as my friends, though. I guess I am cursed. Having thatching for an affinity might be an omen.

I've gotten a rare sprout in the past few months. That's about all you get as a priest.

I've had a LOT of rare rolls in the past two days, after hardly any for weeks. It's just perception. 

I can also attest to having almost no rare rolls the past couple of weeks. Probably because I've been making and imping wagons ;) 

They work, just not with attaching items anymore so you can't 'farm' the new items really.

I didn't read thread I guess, I have no idea about that type of rare roll.

Edited by Niki

I can also attest that I have not gotten a rare roll in a good 4+ weeks. I never thought out it until I saw this thread. 

I would have more use for thatching than I do milking on Luvable lol. 

Complain and ye shall receive. LOL

[17:10:07] You have a moment of inspiration...

[17:10:17] A small rowing boat that will accommodate three people. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item. 

• Like 8

Just now, Audrel said:

[17:10:17] A small rowing boat that will accommodate three people. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item. 

My general rule of thumb. Nice item btw.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, luvable said:

I would have more use for thatching than I do milking on Luvable lol. 

LOL I love milking and making cheese. Trade you affinities!

Made 1200 mallets hoping for a rare across 6 characters. No rare :(

I cant say I mind rares becoming more rare, but if it was nerfed would be nice to be announced. 

• Like 2

ive had a couple rolls from raking..but us farmers get nothing thouigh we are digging graves for seeds?!?!?!?

surely... ha ha milking thatching lookup what happens with fighting affinity nothing after 20!!!! N O T H I N G ! ! ! ! 

• Like 1

whats interesting, i used to get atleast one rare fish fishing for 5 hours. recently(about 2 months ish) I have gotten ONE out of the 20-30 times ive been fishing.

• Like 1

Just now, Gumbo said:

and programming

;)

There've been instances where we've had people not get a jackpot because of programming bugs in the slot machines.

About 2-3 years ago i got rare roll per hour. Nowdays when rares aint even rare anymore i get like 1 roll per 5 hours and ofcourse when im raking fields. Haven't actually played in 8 months because of the _allways ###### up_ mechanism this game has.

1 hour ago, Audrel said:

Yours is better than mine! Almost immediately upon posting earlier I got a rare rock shard while mining. :P 

• Like 1

60 minutes after complaining, I got a rare roll and a rare item. hahaha I will do this more often!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Audrel said:

60 minutes after complaining, I got a rare roll and a rare item. hahaha I will do this more often!

This is how religions start!

• Like 2

Cranked out a whole pile of items no rolls, the second I went to apply some famers salve, boom rare roll.

lol

wurm rng sucks

1 hour ago, Audrel said:

Grats. :)

When it comes to (pseudo) random number generators - this Wikipedia article about default Java PRNG, Linear Congruential Generator (LCG), is worth reading: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_congruential_generator.

• Like 1