Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Unlimited Chat

So, how about a "global" chat channel for all of the Wurm Unlimited games? So those of us that play solo, or on very low population severs can still have people to talk to, ask questions, maybe swap servers, etc.

I can see this just being used to for people to spam hoping to get others to join their particular server.

• Like 3

If I understand this right you're wanting a chat channel that is present on every WU server that links with every other WU server?  I can't see Codeclub running a server simply to link all of WU server chats together, just doesn't seem worthwhile.

Edited by Nomadikhan

i'd resub or buy the game just to advertise dreddit in eve 

No.   Come join WO if you are tired of playing Wurm Single player(WU).  We are nice people.  Most of the time.  We like new slaves.   Er... I mean people.   Ummm... We promise to not eat you.  Not on your first day anyway.   Gotta give you at least a week to fatten up first.

like the concept, but dislike people lol. so that's a big thumbs down from me.. did I mention I like the concept, but dislike humans lol...

The nice thing about WU is you can mod it to your heart's delight! So, get cracking on that code and set up that chat server.

14 hours ago, Mark said:

So, how about a "global" chat channel for all of the Wurm Unlimited games? So those of us that play solo, or on very low population severs can still have people to talk to, ask questions, maybe swap servers, etc.

Game have built-in IRC client, you can use it to join #wurmunlimited channel on Rizon network (in-game IRC auto-connects to it). :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Warlander said:

Game have built-in IRC client, you can use it to join #wurmunlimited channel on Rizon network (in-game IRC auto-connects to it). :)

Yeah, no one pays attention to that chat. Tried it, its not chatty enough.

Run my own server? Sure...um...how?

10 hours ago, Greyfox said:

No.   Come join WO if you are tired of playing Wurm Single player(WU).  We are nice people.  Most of the time.  We like new slaves.   Er... I mean people.   Ummm... We promise to not eat you.  Not on your first day anyway.   Gotta give you at least a week to fatten up first.

I play WU for three reasons.

One, I don't need to pay monthly to play premium. Right now, I am destitute, working food service in this capitalistic world yields crap pay. I can barely pay my part of the bills.

Two, and most important, no one is on my server making crap, abandoning it or generally ruining the server for me. Yeah, be nice to have some people (friends) join me, but all my friends are wow-lovers and the pace of Wurm gets to them.

Lastly, my Unlimited server will outlast Wurm Online. Once the servers shut down forever (it happens to all games) my server will live on until I die.

• Like 1

if they don;t pay attention to the IRC why would they pay attention to any other channel.  IRC is the same as making a global WU channel. That is why it was made.

23 minutes ago, Lolabelle said:

if they don;t pay attention to the IRC why would they pay attention to any other channel.  IRC is the same as making a global WU channel. That is why it was made.

This. If anything, IRC would have more people in it, since it can also have people who aren't currently in WU.

34 minutes ago, Lolabelle said:

Because 90% of the players either:

1) Don't know about the in-game IRC or:

2) They simply don't use it, and only pay attention to the default channels.

I would think most players know of the irc. Especially Wurm Unlimited players. Most of them are Wurm Online players who left for bigger and better ideas. 

8 hours ago, Mark said:

....but all my friends are wow-lovers ....

You have poor judgment when it comes to picking friends don't you?

I suppose as a work around if people aren't using the IRC you could always just create a free alt for WO and play WU but tab to WO to chat.

On 7/17/2016 at 3:58 PM, Nomadikhan said:

If I understand this right you're wanting a chat channel that is present on every WU server that links with every other WU server?  I can't see Codeclub running a server simply to link all of WU server chats together, just doesn't seem worthwhile.

they already do

its called IRC

#wurmunlimited

The bigger problem with an IRC chat and not a default universal chat for WU is that you have to manually pull up the IRC chat, and the tab for a universal chat would be up all the time, like global kingdom and kingdom. People use those channels because they are there by default.

Make the irc command usable from chat/command line instead of console and add it to the autostart file or whatever it was called on the next client update.

• Like 1

-1     Keep Wurm Online chat within Wurm Online.  I would like to see weather updates out of the game though.