Sign in to follow this  
TankMG

Woodstock Commons PvE with PvP Island (Dedicated)

Welcome to Woodstock Commons! Our server is a personally owned dedicated server located in a data center in Atlanta. It is highly 
secured and established for a max reliability, low ping service. The server is set to allow ease of play. The mindset of this era in 
time is the aftermath of an on-going exodus, forcing hardy adventurers to make their way and re-establish themselves in far away lands.

Features of the server include:

Server Map
- Dedicated Server ran inside Intermap ( http://www.internap.com/ )
- 8192 x 8192 squares in size
- Modest resources scattered throughout the islands
- Web based map to server updated every 24hrs ( http://64.95.62.130/ )
- Minimal down/maintenance time (24 hour restart, generally 9.30 EST)
- PvP only island (in progress)
- 75,000 animals on map
- New predators and prey (mod)
- Skill multiplier is 5x
- Max server population 200
- Body control start is 22.00 (enable immediate mounting of horse due to size of map)

Starter Town (Woodstock Commons)
- Accessible mine
- Usable forge and ovens
- Numerous traders
- Public mine
- Docks
- PvP Arena (in progress)
- Open stalls for establishment of Personal Traders

Alternate Starter Town (In Progress)
- Located on different end of map
- Public Mine
- Public Forge and Oven
- Traders
- Docks
- Open market stalls

Settlements
- Settlement size is 6400 tiles (You can build smaller and should, as while there is no cost to found a settlement, upkeep is enabled and your settlement will decay if the fee is not paid for the upkeep)
- Two settlement deeds per player
- Free to establish
- Monthly maintenance (upkeep) costs
- Crops do not wither

Used Mods
- Live Map
- In game map
- Stablemaster
- Deed Mod
- Creature Mod
- Crop Mod (No rot, 8 hour crop cycles)
- Harvest Helper (Announce Season)
- Stable Master
- Hitching Host
- Inbreed Warning

- Bounty Mod

NOTE: As the numbers of the server increase, an option of a Teamspeak channel dedicated to server may be established. This will ease in the 
correction of server issues and fixes GMs can assist with as well as allow players to interact with each other. 

Edited by TankMG
Update

Hi, i just started on your server and went straight to the public mine. This is what i get:

[13:25:03] This action is not allowed here, because the tile is on a player owned deed that has disallowed it.

I apologize about that. Being a new server we worked out as many issues as we could but unfortunately there will still be a few. Thank you for identifying it for us. It has been fixed and you can now mine in the public mine

Hi Everyone. Waffles here (or GMwaffles if you need help).

Just wanted to update - server is running great and we're starting to get some new comers. It's a huge map, you start off being able to ride a horse (because really, who can't at least throw a leg over and ride), and we're a relaxed group. The starter town is fully fleshed out and running, we've bumped the creature limit (80,000 now), and we look forward to playing with you !

--Waffles

Hi All,

Server is still going strong. Plenty of land still left to settle, and beasts to tame or slay for bounties. Other than scheduled reboots, we are live 24/7 and having a great time ! We welcome anyone wanting to settle in the fair lands of Woodstock Commons ! Come check us out !

/Waffles

Server is updated to 1.1.1, and is live again.

We are living in the wild, and loving it. Come join our fun and check us out. Don't forget we have that live map so you can get orientated in the world.

/Waffles

Hi All,

So after an unexpected Windows update that shut the server down, I have restarted and verified that we are good to go.

Come on in and hang out with us, we are having a blast, and it's a huge world !

/Waffles

Don't forget, an absolutely huge map, bounties, and dedicated server, how could you go wrong? Get in here and establish already. If you guys play, it stays!

Just started on your server. I found a place to settle but i have a question. Just how deep is the dirt? I have leveled to 70+ dirt deep and still no rock. I've never seen one this deep even with the deeper dirt mod.

48 minutes ago, Duckslayer said:

Just started on your server. I found a place to settle but i have a question. Just how deep is the dirt? I have leveled to 70+ dirt deep and still no rock. I've never seen one this deep even with the deeper dirt mod.

You need to look for visual cues. Usually small rocks on the surface indicate rock below. It is randomly generated so I cannot tell you how deep the dirt is.

Ok. This is the first time in 1600 hours of play i couldn't get to rock on the side of a hill within 70 dirt levels. Just keep digging i guess. By the way, there is always rock below the dirt, just a matter of how deep. Nice map though

Edited by Duckslayer

3 hours ago, Duckslayer said:

Ok. This is the first time in 1600 hours of play i couldn't get to rock on the side of a hill within 70 dirt levels. Just keep digging i guess. By the way, there is always rock below the dirt, just a matter of how deep. Nice map though

Sorry about that, I don't think we can set the dirt level in the map generation. If you have any other issues, just let us know!

Server maintenance completed, and server is back online. Looks like we have quite a few new villages that have sprung up :- )

Plenty of room for more folks, feel free to drop on by !

/Waffles

Server rebooted and OS updated. We have a nice little community going, slowly growing, and would love to see even more players come enjoy a lag free, mature environment based server.

Have Fun !

/Matthew

Had bit of a look on your server tonight. Has potential, if i were to join i. Would want 200*200 the reason being is so i can swt up full orchards including winery, thing that still confuses me is how does one pay the upkeep?

On 8/24/2016 at 6:20 AM, ozmods said:

Had bit of a look on your server tonight. Has potential, if i were to join i. Would want 200*200 the reason being is so i can swt up full orchards including winery, thing that still confuses me is how does one pay the upkeep?

The server has 0 chance of being shutdown. The server is actually owned by GMwaffles. As far as upkeep it is quite simple. Killing wildlife offers bounties so any wildlife you kill gives you instant copper/silver/gold based on its level and difficulty

Confirmed. Server is in my rack at a facility in Atlanta. We both play, it costs me $0 to run, and I have no intention of shutting it down.

Come on in, and invite your friends !

/Waffles

thanks I would, but i'm not keen on the whole killing wildlife pvp i'm more about just building and being creative, this is why I haven't joined a server because I don't want to be part of a server that is based around death, sorry just not my thing. and knowing the only way to get money to pay for upkeep is to kill an animal that is not threatening me, just does nothing for me, maybe because I see so much death around me,

but good luck with the server

Fair enough - although I wish you'd explain that philosophy to the wild cats and bears that seem to have no issue taking a swipe at me while I'm trying to find herbs and materials... LOL.

good luck.

/Waffles

1 hour ago, ozmods said:

thanks I would, but i'm not keen on the whole killing wildlife pvp i'm more about just building and being creative, this is why I haven't joined a server because I don't want to be part of a server that is based around death, sorry just not my thing. and knowing the only way to get money to pay for upkeep is to kill an animal that is not threatening me, just does nothing for me, maybe because I see so much death around me,

but good luck with the server

I think you have picked the wrong game. I hate to say it but that is exactly why you haven't found a server, good luck.

no I have not, not at all, I just choose to play more for building. creative, building etc. Its coming on spring here down under so my mind is looking to things offline, so maybe not a good time to be finding a server I wont be on that for long for around 6 months, so i'll just stick to solo play,

I like the map, lots of islands for solitary builders and good variety in landscape. Not peppered with hordes of aggressive monsters so one can build one's deed with relative peace. The huge map size is positive too, and in relation to that, the max deed size could well be double, and with less upkeep, I think.

edit: I have been scouting,  but where to find sand?

Edited by www

6 hours ago, www said:

I like the map, lots of islands for solitary builders and good variety in landscape. Not peppered with hordes of aggressive monsters so one can build one's deed with relative peace. The huge map size is positive too, and in relation to that, the max deed size could well be double, and with less upkeep, I think.

edit: I have been scouting,  but where to find sand?

Sand is scattered everywhere but the easiest way to get it is from the public sand pit right outside the starter city. It is unlimited

There might be some imbalance between the mob bounties and deed upkeep. A full sized deed takes 12.8 silver each month. To cover that one needs to kill 427 wolves or 1280 cows or 2560 roosters every month. Much too much.

What would be reasonable then?  Everybody should comfortably enjoy a full sized deed. Two irons per tile would make 128 copper per month for a full sized deed. Playing every second day would mean 8.5 copper or 3 wolves per day. The possible surplus would be available for trading then.