header.png

Hi Everyone!

This week has the launch of our new Wurm Unlimited devblog, containing updates and information specific to Wurm Unlimited as well as Wurm Unlimited specific social media, but there's still news for Wurm Online!

But first.

Patch Notes

Spoiler
July 14, 2016
  • Rift loot Tweaks
    • Tweaked distance to killing a rift creature to 4 tiles from 5 to get participation.
    • Participation levels tweaked from 10/20/40 to 15/20/60 points.
    • Following healing spells will now have a chance to gain participation when user or target are within the rift zone: Cure Light, Cure Medium, Cure Serious, Light of Fo, Heal, Scorn of Libila
    • Drain Health will have a small chance if the target is a Rift creature
    • Final loot table is now random between seryll, glimmer and adamantine lumps. Lump weight will be dependant on participation in the same manner as QL.
    • Rift creatures (except for champions and the warmaster) no longer have a chance to drop rift loot.
    • Rift loot will now have a chance to drop when the Rift is closed based on participation levels. Higher participation level will mean more chances to get a loot drop.
  • New Clothing
    • green cloth tunic
    • red cloth tunic
    • black belted vest
      • Each item requires a cloth shirt and water to start, and coloring components with a leather belt to finish. Recommended Cloth Tailoring skill is ~ 15-20
    • green cloth sleeve
    • red cloth sleeve
    • brown striped breeches
    • black cloth pants
    • green cloth pants
      • Each item requires a needle and cloth square to start, with coloring components to finish. Recommended Cloth Tailoring skill is ~ 15-20 as well
    • patchwork pants
      • Requires needle + wool square, skill is trivial
  • Removed small axe Combat Rating nerf.
  • Client update 3.99 zc http://www.wurmonline.com/2016/07/14/client-update-3-99-zc/
  • Bugfix – Text fix when creating new unfinished items, no more extra space and capital U.

Wurm Unlimited devblog!
Today marks the start of a monthly dev blog for Wurm Unlimited, which will run alongside the weekly news here, but focus on updates and information for Wurm Unlimited, as well as server events and such. That doesn't mean the news wont stop here though!

Social media
Alongside this is the launch of the social media pages for Wurm Unlimited as well, allowing us to share Wurm Unlimited content and events much easier, like and follow us to keep up to date with all the happenings in Wurm Unlimited!

Like us on Facebook 
https://www.facebook.com/wurmunlimited
Follow us on Twitter 
https://twitter.com/wurmunlimited

Enki was here
Those visiting Glasshollow might notice things a little...flat. A slight mishap with some terraforming left the starter deed looking more like a football field than a piece of landscape, but thankfully the GM team was on hand to help correct some of the damage inflicted by Enki. Several members of the GM team were interviewed for their views on the incident,

"I was getting ready for bed when Enki (censored) and so I grabbed the nearest bottle, got drunk, and (censored) about Enki and his (censored) tools."

Ahem, well might be best to skip the GM Team's comments. Work continues on improving the Glasshollow starter deed, and Enki has been kicked out and sent back to Elementary Terraforming School on Test where he can do a lot less harm.

PvP and combat changes

PvP and combat changes continue to go through tweaks on the test server, be sure to keep an eye on our Feature Feedback thread for more info when the updates go in.

Kyklops slaying on indy
A kyklops slaying will be on indy in a few hours! Check it out here

Community Content.

A big draw for for Wurm is community coming together to work on projects, many great works have been achieved as a team, from the great canals and highway projects across servers, to small deeds built by a few friends. Something that a lot of PvE players might not realise is how much community matters in PvP, friends that will help build, skill and fight with you from the start to the finish, with always a friendly comment and attitude.

This video is the creation of the Jenn-Kellon capital deed Worldstar after the reset of Elevation. Many hands make light work, but this still looks like a massive undertaking!

That's it for this week. Be sure to like/follow us on Twitter and Facebook for little bits throughout the week!

Retrograde & the Wurm team.

• Like 17

Nice work, Enki! :wub::lol: I bet you are feeling flat after your hard day of work. But you will be level again before you know it. Once you have smoothed things over with the GM team, you can rise a new summit and look out over your creation.

Edited by Audrel
  • Like 3

Nothing wrong if glasshollow team win this year in football... 

• Like 3

Thanks for sharing my video Retro :] - hopefully it can highlight that PvP servers can be lived / enjoyed and isn't all war/death and loss of items.

Something that a lot of PvE players might not realise is how much community matters in PvP, friends that will help build, skill and fight with you from the start to the finish

This is 90% why I play on PvP servers, you form friends that will stand grounds in the most ridiculous circumstances, help replace gear even if they wasn't at the fight, defend your deed if you call out for help - and it isn't all gritty and trenches. Home servers on Epic provide a unique starting experence with close communites helping intergrate new players into alliances - or the helpful soul that spots you in local offering shelter from the lands or going alone and braving the odds - you end up in the same place no matter how the path starts; in an army or against an army. Not an epic player? Chaos have recruitment threads where you can be honest and explain you're new to pvp any decent kingdom will take you under the wing and show you the ropes - PvP isn't all death and replacing gears, it's knowing everything brick you create and every shield you make every horse born and saddle created, every meal, weapon, blacksmith, platesmith, bowery, arrow-quiver-locks-onion-ROAD BUILT will get used in a kingdom / group wide effort to defeat/defend from the enemy, so even skillers are an important asset to pvp! The smallest of items become important in PvP and within a PvP server.

My first hota on Epic

Edited by Mclovin
  • Like 10

Now we understand the power of a fantastic shovel.  And the abuse that comes from it.  lol

Edited by nicedreams
  • Like 1

Someone likes two steps from hell (mclovin)

If only all the names in that local still played :<

Rip epic glory days

Edited by Josh
  • Like 2

Do you have the tabs for that videos fight ? Can you post, fairly certain I was in it. If it's the one I remember. Too many fights with Judi calling to charge to remember which one it was. 

Edited by Egard
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, Egard said:

Do you have the tabs for that videos fight ? Can you post, fairly certain I was in it. If it's the one I remember. Too many fights with Judi calling to charge to remember which one it was. 

From an old computer, i can only give a date; 18 Jan 2015

29 minutes ago, Mclovin said:

From an old computer, i can only give a date; 18 Jan 2015

Thanks, sorry on mobile so can't see tabs. I was BL already by then, fight just looked familiar. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Audrel said:

Nice work, Enki! :wub::lol: I bet you are feeling flat after your hard day of work. But you will be level again before you know it. Once you have smoothed things over with the GM team, you can rise a new summit and look out over your creation.

was it that bad??? So sorry for your misfortune Enki!!!...awesome timelapse with nice themed music..... now if everyone didnt think i was an a-hole i could join or start an epic build like that!!! Seriously though i thnk PVP should be restarted with a good amount of time for allegiances to recoagulate and meet and a fresh start for all,,, make it the "heads"| of the PVE is "tales" "coin" so both are same account and allow some people like me to try again with fairer playing field where i am not 17 holes behind on an 18 hole course. This  in my opinion will bring back people, draw existing players over from PVE and if we all market it right even new ones from other realms who doin;t yet understand the power of complete player control, built by players for players to build...,.. give current  players some kind of benefit  thar is becoming to said experience like a free player made kingdom template to help new players out and organize new kingdoms..do this when said features and changes are well underway for people to get there hands wet while organizing the exodius to saiid "Proving Ground": however it may be named  in Wurm and voila.... and i am not being egotistical but with that kind of move CC would address many issues at once that i hear time and time again.... Reestablish itself with the commuintty at large and not just appeasing the loudest or most approachable group.,.and this may herald in a beautiful period much like the good ole days feeling back to the modern era and we can celebrate the wonderful magic that flows through us Wurmians when we are single of purpose, stout of heart and defying all odds.. and in thinking of our founding father and his words... when running Wurm strange things just may happen....

10 minutes ago, Psalamon said:

was it that bad??? So sorry for your misfortune Enki!!!

My play on words is that bad. haha

I didn't see it happen. I was just razzing Enki. :-P

Enki was here
Those visiting Glasshollow might notice things a little...flat. A slight mishap with some terraforming left the starter deed looking more like a football field

Maybe Enki just trying to give the Devs some hints for a new minigame

• Like 2

Eyyy im in that screenshot at the start, it was a quite some time ago... i served as a taxi getting people there....

You're drunk, Enki.

Now step away from the shovel.

• Like 1

With shovel comes great responsibility.........

• Like 1

i like the mission window its better now

• Like 2

Having been to rifts and not gotten anything but a participation lump, the changes concern me. Is loot so common that it needs nerfing? Do people somehow manage to get participation from outside range? It's hard to stay in range when all the mobs charge 1 group, rather than them being divided across the lines. I can handle 1 by myself for a while, but not 5. The terrain is usually not very friendly to setting up skirmish lines. I wonder if an advanced team could set up fencing that could make division of labor a little easier.

Hopefully the participation loot rolls make up for the added restrictions. It is good to see healing spells added. Why weren't they considered "healing" earlier?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kelody said:

I wonder if an advanced team could set up fencing that could make division of labor a little easier.

Once the beacon is lit you can't build fences inside the rift area - or at least you couldn't at the first rift.

What a great video! Thanks for sharing it. It's shaping to be an impressive city.

• Like 1

@Mclovin
thanks for being consistent on your videos for the community. Strong work.

By far, Worldstar, is the most beautiful creation I have ever seen in wurm.

Are there any updated photos after it has been finished for so long?

Edited by MootRed
  • Like 1

quick epic is dying uhh.. uhh.. what do we do uhh.. uhh..

fix some problems? 

NO!

uhh.. uhhh..

merge the servers?

NO! NEVER!

uhh.. uhhh..

PUT UP A TIMELAPSE OF MEMORIES AND WHAT WAS ONCE FUN!

YES!!

• Like 4

@Enki I've got some hills and mountains on Devonshire I'd love to have flattened ............. ;-)

On 7/15/2016 at 0:39 PM, Retrograde said:

header.png

Hi Everyone!

This week has the launch of our new Wurm Unlimited devblog, containing updates and information specific to Wurm Unlimited as well as Wurm Unlimited specific social media, but there's still news for Wurm Online!

But first.

Patch Notes

Hide contents

Enki was here
Those visiting Glasshollow might notice things a little...flat. A slight mishap with some terraforming left the starter deed looking more like a football field than a piece of landscape, but thankfully the GM team was on hand to help correct some of the damage inflicted by Enki. Several members of the GM team were interviewed for their views on the incident,

Ahem, well might be best to skip the GM Team's comments. Work continues on improving the Glasshollow starter deed, and Enki has been kicked out and sent back to Elementary Terraforming School on Test where he can do a lot less harm.

That's it for this week. Be sure to like/follow us on Twitter and Facebook for little bits throughout the week!

Retrograde & the Wurm team.

Great newsletter, Retro!!  Felt a lot of positive energy flowing from it, and a bit of chuckling as well!  <SMH> That wacky Enki!!  But we love him!  I also like seeing my picture - or at least my cart and horses - at the great Troll King slaying event!  That really was a lot of fun.  Thanks for all you do to share the news with us.