Sign in to follow this  
ozmods

Single player bridges? (solved)

I know there are discussions on this already, and i dontwNt to necromance an old thread, 

what do i have fo do to get a bridge up, and as a GM is there a length limit, i tried tonight, but i dont think i understand how to do it, can someone explain whati need to do. The length of the bridge is something like 520m im guessing its too long?

thanks

Edited by ozmods
edit

All u need to know is HERE

Single player bridges need to be enabled in Feature Management.

Plant the Range pole at one end of the briidge.

14 hours ago, bigsteve said:

All u need to know is HERE

Single player bridges need to be enabled in Feature Management.

Plant the Range pole at one end of the briidge.

this just keeps referring to 2 people for bridge building not one, unfortunately

In WU you *plant* the range pole at one end. Then you go to the other end, *activate* the dioptra and right click the planted range pole. Then your bridge creation screen should open. The length the bridge can be depends upon both the dioptra quality and your masonry skill. If the expanse is so long that you can't target the planted range pole then I guess you would need a spyglass to be able to do so.

=Ayes=

yep I got it work, kind of. however it wont let me stretch It further than 15 tiles before it is out of view, and the "spy" doesn't even see it at all.

https://s32.postimg.org/uuvoy9k9x/366220_20160716160508_1.png

got it working finally, I hAd to create an artificial island to create a connection, i'll probably need to do another one, so that I can get it to connect to the other side, I just wanted something that so I don't have to go all the way around.

Edited by ozmods
update

There is a max limit and the ql of the range pole and dioptra also affect the max length of the bridge you can build. Also, the types of bridge you can build is determined by the length.

With GM spawned 99ql Fantastic ql range pole and dioptra, I can span just over 30 tiles.

Edited by Tryst

Yup there is a max, regRdless of ql or gm status, the max length per bridge span cant be more than 99metres i lesrned this by ALOT of trial and error lol