Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 14 July 2016

• Rift loot Tweaks
    • Tweaked distance to killing a rift creature to 4 tiles from 5 to get participation.
    • Participation levels tweaked from 10/20/40 to 15/20/60 points.
    • Following healing spells will now have a chance to gain participation when user or target are within the rift zone: Cure Light, Cure Medium, Cure Serious, Light of Fo, Heal, Scorn of Libila
    • Drain Health will have a small chance if the target is a Rift creature
    • Final loot table is now random between seryll, glimmer and adamantine lumps. Lump weight will be dependant on participation in the same manner as QL.
    • Rift creatures (except for champions and the warmaster) no longer have a chance to drop rift loot.
    • Rift loot will now have a chance to drop when the Rift is closed based on participation levels. Higher participation level will mean more chances to get a loot drop.
  • New Clothing
    • green cloth tunic
    • red cloth tunic
    • black belted vest
      • Each item requires a cloth shirt and water to start, and coloring components with a leather belt to finish. Recommended Cloth Tailoring skill is ~ 15-20
    • green cloth sleeve
    • red cloth sleeve
    • brown striped breeches
    • black cloth pants
    • green cloth pants
      • Each item requires a needle and cloth square to start, with coloring components to finish. Recommended Cloth Tailoring skill is ~ 15-20 as well
    • patchwork pants
      • Requires needle + wool square, skill is trivial
  • Removed small axe Combat Rating nerf.
  • Client update 3.99 zc http://www.wurmonline.com/2016/07/14/client-update-3-99-zc/
  • Bugfix – Text fix when creating new unfinished items, no more extra space and capital U.
  • Like 5

Healers getting the love!

I demand pics!

Edited by Karrde
  • Like 1

Quick FYI - I'm about to deploy the client. Sorry folks - was mistimed but it is coming. :)

• Like 1

New OP weapon coming up yay!

Just curious was there any testing done with a small axe? 

Edit: so looking at the data mined info, it looks like there may have been ninja changes at some point to small axes or perhaps just how its always been... But it doesnt look that OP afterall if that info is correct...

0% crit, but that is made up for by the constant swing speed and decent damage (better then small maul slightly less then longsword) and low parry rate. Based on that nice to see another viable option on the table.

Edited by MaurizioAM

1 hour ago, DevBlog said:
  • Rift creatures (except for champions and the warmaster) no longer have a chance to drop rift loot.
  • Rift loot will now have a chance to drop when the Rift is closed based on participation levels. Higher participation level will mean more chances to get a loot drop.

Hrm, is that a joke ? 200 mobs, 10 will have a chance to drop loot... alright, sounds fun... and still highly RGN based. Doesn't sounds like an improvment at all.

Participation level is still mainly a hit everything thing, so if only the highest hit and runner get something, we will have an even more limited amount of loot and maybe not going to those who did the bigger part of the job.

Maybe it's another one of those 'wait and see how it works update' but it doesn't bode well and seems like the rifts will be even worse than they actually are.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Odynn said:

Hrm, is that a joke ? 200 mobs, 10 will have a chance to drop loot... alright, sounds fun... and still highly RGN based. Doesn't sounds like an improvment at all.

Participation level is still mainly a hit everything thing, so if only the highest hit and runner get something, we will have an even more limited amount of loot and maybe not going to those who did the bigger part of the job.

Maybe it's another one of those 'wait and see how it works update' but it doesn't bode well and seems like the rifts will be even worse than they actually are.

I have a question for you and anyone else that has this same mindset as you... 

I honestly want to know and im not flaming or trolling i really want to know why is it that you feel loot drops should be so easy and for everyone? What is the problem with a slightly more selective loot table? Participation shouldnt always be about getting something... Heck back playing ultima online we used to attend champ type spawns and walk away completely empty handed, just for that chance to possibly get something decent. 

It seems like so many people in wurm just want want want. First i dont agree with how rifts were put in, as i was hoping for more of a random spawns but even still the rewards should be challenging and should be less common, otherwise after a year of rifts and everyone getting a reward the system will be just another boring thing to attend. 

We as players are not entitled to hand outs everytime we attend something. 

i've found my new default outfit

5cadff7edb.jpg

Is all the new clothing supposed to come out at very high ql? I don't remember if this happens with regular clothing but all the new clothing we've made has come out at up to 99ql

also patchwork pants dont have a model it seems

18 minutes ago, MaurizioAM said:

i really want to know why is it that you feel loot drops should be so easy and for everyone? What is the problem with a slightly more selective loot table? Participation shouldnt always be about getting something...

Well, maybe because it's already the case, the loot drops are not easy and totally random... and the participation list means ######.

Seeing I already walked empty handed on the last 3 rifts, the want want want is not that strong with me... what I see is people getting rewarded randomly by RGN instead of having an increased chance of getting reward per mobs slain.

So what is the challenge in hitting 150 mobs but killing none (and getting rewards with low FS) or really slaying 50 including a few ogres single handed or trying to help some dieing fellas (and having nothing, like many did).

Of course, I want rewards, but I want them in a way that means everyone will have a fair chance of having them... and we are more and more moving away from it. What will happen with that new change ? Peeps will just rush the champs and try to kill them (and most will have the too crowded message and be out of luck), most of the mobs are just useless fodder now.

TL;DR. Rifts were better on the test server, it's getting worse... and you are mostly missing the point of having a fair system.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Odynn said:

Well, maybe because it's already the case, the loot drops are not easy and totally random... and the participation list means ######.

Seeing I already walked empty handed on the last 3 rifts, the want want want is not that strong with me... what I see is people getting rewarded randomly by RGN instead of having an increased chance of getting reward per mobs slain.

So what is the challenge in hitting 150 mobs but killing none (and getting rewards with low FS) or really slaying 50 including a few ogres single handed or trying to help some dieing fellas (and having nothing, like many did).

Of course, I want rewards, but I want them in a way that means everyone will have a fair chance of having them... and we are more and more moving away from it. What will happen with that new change ? Peeps will just rush the champs and try to kill them (and most will have the too crowded message and be out of luck), most of the mobs are just useless fodder now.

TL;DR. Rifts were better on the test server, it's getting worse... and you are mostly missing the point of having a fair system.

I'm going to say - Try it before you hate it.

There's a huge problem with that never happening before feedback gets posted. You cannot post honest feedback without trying it. So stick with that. Next week, tell us what you thought.

• Like 5

Sounds like you never did serious dungeon raids before, comes to mine Vex Thall in Everquest, think there was about 5 boss mobs but to get to each one you would spend a good hour clearing trash with zero drops with a 80 person raid group.

Props for trying to fix the system, not sure this will "fix" it but at least it's not being left in oblivion :)

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Keenan said:

There's a huge problem with that never happening before feedback gets posted. You cannot post honest feedback without trying it. So stick with that. Next week, tell us what you thought.

Calm, rational, and thoughtful feedback? After actually trying something out for a time? :huh:

Welcome-To-The-Internet-You-Must-Be-New-

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 2

Unstable client's lighting is extremely glitchy.

Doorsways, walls, grass, etc are all flickering.

Performance is worst than 2-3 patches ago, where I actually had 20%~ better than old renderer.

You guys are going in the wrong direction, sorry.

Try having the rifts pop up north for change also be nice.

And as for new loot mechanics , only people i see getting any benefits  are the ones who can afford maxed enchants on weapons made of special ore.

Dont come and say i can work to get same  , i have enchants on my weapons ., but its been years in the doing .

I play when time permits , i don't need Wurm to be a full time job,  and yes a couple hours if lucky i can find silver foraging , if LUCKY!

I have found the older my char gets and years played the less rare rolls i get.

Also is it or was it planned to always be south for rifts?

3 hours ago, Odynn said:

Ok thank you!  Now with some more detail its a bit more clear you are after a more polished loot system. 

To the wurm teams defense it was clearly stated its not a done system where they are washing their hands and we have to deal with what we have... They said tweaks will be made for weeks to come. Its going to take a few tries before its to the point of being done and balanced. 

1 hour ago, Brunwulf said:

Unstable client's lighting is extremely glitchy.

Doorsways, walls, grass, etc are all flickering.

Performance is worst than 2-3 patches ago, where I actually had 20%~ better than old renderer.

You guys are going in the wrong direction, sorry.

unstable client hasnt been updated yet

3 hours ago, Keenan said:

2 hours ago, Klaa said:

After actually trying something out for a time?

Well, maybe having a chance to try it (say on a test server, they are here for that) and have a chance to get it fixed before it goes live would be nice. Because, as Klaa said, we have been trying those things for quite some time now and they are worse after each update. Tests server one being as far I've seen the best one.

Ie. Proper distribution of loot between the fighters, proper geographical distribution of rifts (not all around the same point on the map), and rather fairly balance difficulty / time spent / loot rewarded. Do note you seems to finally have "fixed" (which i'm waiting to try before hating it) the amount of metal rewarded. (inb4 0.05 kg of 5QL glimmersteel at 100+ participation instead of a supreme steel lump).

PS: Also, since we do seems do have a dev ear right here, any plans to fix the use of "liquid metal" or is it working as intended, with no possibility to use it on a weapon ?

Edited by Odynn

4 hours ago, Worksock said:

i've found my new default outfit

If only the black belted vest had something that extended onto the upper arms. It looks as if it has a brown shirt under it, so having some matching short sleeves and maybe the gold detailing adding around the vests arm openings would be very nice.

QfxWv3U.png

Hi,

this cool new cloth stuff - is it just decoration or does it count as cloth armor?

Thx & have fun!

be patient about the rift system folks. pvp is like what now.... 10 years in testing?! 

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this