Sign in to follow this  
shaidien

unable to update

Contents of temporary launch log:
Time is Wed Jul 13 16:45:05 PDT 2016
Running client version 3.99z

=== System information ===
Executing from C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_91\
Operating system: Windows 7 (arch: amd64, version: 6.1)
Java version: 1.8.0_91 (Oracle Corporation)
Jvm version: 25.91-b14 (Oracle Corporation) [Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM]
Available CPUs: 8

>>> Main thread exiting.
Loading character Skypivot
Loading config double no graf
Loading props file C:\Users\USERNAME\wurm\configs\double no graf\gamesettings.txt
Executing C:\Users\USERNAME\wurm\configs\double no graf\keybindings.txt
Loading props file C:\Users\USERNAME\wurm\players\Skypivot\password.txt
>>> LoginFrame queue entry exiting.
Size mismatch, expected 561287 but got 865134050
*** Response details ***
File: graphics.jar
null: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
X-Cache: HIT
Server: CDN77-Turbo
X-Edge-IP: 37.235.108.5
Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *
X-Age: 6181
Connection: keep-alive
Last-Modified: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 21:42:04 GMT
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 23:45:21 GMT
Accept-Ranges: bytes
ETag: "5786b5ac-3390e5e2"
Proxy-Connection: keep-alive
Content-Length: 865134050
X-Edge-Location: losangelesUSCA
Content-Type: application/java-archive
class.zfXOCIqhzy: Patch requests are being tampered with, cannot proceed.
Size mismatch, expected 561287 but got 865134050
*** Response details ***
File: graphics.jar
null: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
X-Cache: HIT
Server: CDN77-Turbo
X-Edge-IP: 37.235.108.5
Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *
X-Age: 6193
Connection: keep-alive
Last-Modified: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 21:42:04 GMT
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 23:45:33 GMT
Accept-Ranges: bytes
ETag: "5786b5ac-3390e5e2"
Proxy-Connection: keep-alive
Content-Length: 865134050
X-Edge-Location: losangelesUSCA
Content-Type: application/java-archive
class.zfXOCIqhzy: Patch requests are being tampered with, cannot proceed.

any one else get this once a month ? seems like every time the client has a bigger update this happens .
so far the only fix is to delete the graphics jar and that's a 825 megabyte problem for those of us on a data plan .
basically it means i do not get to play for 3 day. so please FIX IT !!!!

maybe if any one reads this and has a link to the graphics rar file updated hopefully compressed please link the download page

http://prntscr.com/btbsvf

that does not appear to be fixed to me .

ya shakys i could but i havent been able to get unstable client to work every sense they updated it graphics problem i think .

any one know of a good wurm like game please leave links .

This thread is for technical information on how to get your issue fixed, feel free to post more information or logs on errors you receive to help people resolve your issue, or feel free to post on woodscraps if you wish to discuss other games. http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/forum/13-wood-scraps/ .

Edited by shakys

1 hour ago, shaidien said:

http://prntscr.com/btbsvf

that does not appear to be fixed to me .

Did you even try to do what this post said may help?  http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/123322-update-failed-meta-infmanifestmf/

You can delete your graphics.jar file and try again.

You can make sure you are not using a proxy as shown in the link above.

You can disable your firewall and virus program, try the download then turn on your firewall and virus program again.

You can clear your java cache and be sure that your HOST file is not modified to point to a specific download server.

Also take a look at this http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/135852-how-do-i-get-passed-downloading-0/

You also had issues a few months ago and found that restarting your modem solved it.  Try deleting your graphics.jar, clearing your java cache and restarting your modem http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/124375-update-failed/

he had said this above " so far the only fix is to delete the graphics jar and that's a 825 megabyte problem for those of us on a data plan "

I'm guessing his internet is the problem the reason he was looking for an alternative fix.

no i did read it i just do not think you are understanding i can not afford the data transfer of reloading the entire graphics jar 2 or 3 times a month . the small updates are fine but i live out in country with sat connection so only get a small allowance per month . if it keeps happening i just wont be able to play . not saying game is bad or any thing but that i just wont be able to because of no data allowance left like now i have 1%it takes 8% each time i try to download graphics jar from scratch .

now it seams the problem is in a security feature and that a improper upload was made ether changing something but not updating the graphics jar so it still wants to work with old client that's now gone from your upload changing it . this was the second time this has happened both of the rift updates on the client .

my best guess to fix the problem guys (not a work around costing user money) but a real fix would be to start looking at both them updates and figure out whats missing in them or what sets them apart from the good ones .

ps. not to worry this run found a alt work around that i can do at least the next day that's update from other computer on good connection in town and load on a external USB then manual replace mine at home with it has now worked twice but is not a solution and wont be able to do very often. so please fix this thing as i see lots suffer from this error .

On 7/15/2016 at 3:54 PM, shaidien said:

ps. not to worry this run found a alt work around that i can do at least the next day that's update from other computer on good connection in town and load on a external USB then manual replace mine at home with it has now worked twice but is not a solution and wont be able to do very often. so please fix this thing as i see lots suffer from this error .

It is at least an option to present to others who have limited bandwith.   WO will always have graphics updates.  Never know how big the file will be. So I am not sure there is any "permanent" solution to that problem.