Sign in to follow this  
UnknownOrganism

Balance Web Armor and AoSP

AoSP is next to useless, Web Armor is far superior and probably needs its slow tuned down a reasonable notch to make it and AoSP both viable for PvP.

Of course Web makes smaller groups able to compete because you just let a weak account get webbed and then go sit on them with some huge axes, but it should probably see some balancing. 

Thoughts?

• Like 1

+1 AoSP has its place but has been known far too long as inferior. Slightly increase the damage dealt from AoSP. 

• Like 2

Ok, we change them! AoSP for Libila-Priest and Web armour for other priest. Thanks :P

7 hours ago, Rolandt said:

+1 AoSP has its place but has been known far too long as inferior. Slightly increase the damage dealt from AoSP. 

AoSP is the PvE armour enchant of choice, so it's all very well making them more balanced, but careful of buffing AoSP to be OP in PvE. Tuning down Web Armour is a more efficient method of balancing than buffing AoSP.

2 hours ago, Hordern said:

AoSP is the PvE armour enchant of choice, so it's all very well making them more balanced, but careful of buffing AoSP to be OP in PvE. Tuning down Web Armour is a more efficient method of balancing than buffing AoSP.

I was thinking that AoSP needed a slight buff while Web Armor needed it's slow ( not duration ) tuned down fairly significantly.
But that's just my opinion.

I think it's kinda ok as is, wouldn't say no to a slight change to how slow web makes someone, just don't diss aosp.  In large fights people just drop dead from aosp without even being targetted (see the famous peat mine fight on old elevation)

Hell in small fights aosp is strong. I remember killing some tanky MRE once and I took like 30-40% damage from aosp without being targeted before they died. Just bring back foot/ calf shot slowing people as it should and web armor won't be so dominant you will see a mix up. 

• Like 2

fights away from a gatehop AOSP is useful, its also useful on boats.

• Like 1

New meta: carry 2 scale sets, one aosp one wa

Advantages: baller af

Disadvantages: sucks when drop loot

• Like 3

5 hours ago, UnknownOrganism said:

No web doesn't effect PvE and shouldn't 

Mobs get webbed on pve.

-1, No more nerfs.  what balance means to higher ups in game: nerf it.  

• Like 1

Just because you have a hard time comprehending balance doesn't mean there shouldn't be some fine tuning, especially to the slow amount ( not duration ) but wouldn't expect PvE players to understand

• Like 1

Hmmm, well, if WA was gone, MR would no longer have to be scared to walk more than 3 tiles from the nearest hop and we might actually see more PvP.... so I'll +1 this.

• Like 1

+1 healthy for pvp if people go more then 3 tiles from hops

• Like 1

always thought AoSP was to keep those venomed weapon users honest....

Bring back asop-LT interaction. @makeasopgreatagain

• Like 3