Sign in to follow this  
Stewen

Dirt spell and Motd mods

Hello!

Can anyone make these mods for me?
Please pm me or post here.

Dirt spell mod:

Dirt spell give 50-100 dirt into the chosed container.
Amout can set in config
Maybe: Each spell cost some money. Amout set in config.

MOTD mod

Message appear in GL-Freedom chat in every 20-30 min randomly.
Message lines can set in the config. Timeing based can be on wurm time.
Maybe: Timed (hh:mm) messages set in config. Timeing based on real time.

Would also love a server-side MOTD mod that does a global broadcast to all players at a specific time interval.  For some server owners this is the only way to let new players know how they can find help and contact staff members.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2016 at 7:56 PM, ViperZeroOne said:

Would also love a server-side MOTD mod that does a global broadcast to all players at a specific time interval.  For some server owners this is the only way to let new players know how they can find help and contact staff members.

GM's can use the command #alerts to go global broadcasts to all players via the event window at a timed interval of your own choosing.

As for the dirt spell that would be a little more tricky since as far as I'm aware the amount of dirt you get is based on your channeling skill and RNG. It's not a set amount to begin with.

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 6:50 PM, Iberis said:

As for the dirt spell that would be a little more tricky since as far as I'm aware the amount of dirt you get is based on your channeling skill and RNG. It's not a set amount to begin with.

Naw, on Aum's server you get 100 dirt in bins/crates per cast even at low channeling or other priest skills. Some sort of mod does it I guess, simply with no messing about.

=Ayes=

I not going to make a mod for this but I can give some advise on one possible avenue to achieve it.

http://jboss-javassist.github.io/javassist/tutorial/tutorial2.html#alter

Javassist Expr Editor to instrument on  dirt.doEffect(Skill castSkill, double power, Creature performer, Item target).

for when the method's name and class name point to "Math.min()" method and whatever the line numbers are within doEffect method for this:

int nums = Math.min(6, sizeLeft / template.getVolume());
if (target.isCrate()) {
nums = Math.min(6, target.getRemainingCrateSpace());
}

edit the args passed into the minimum method to change that 6 to the 50-100 number.

• Like 1