Sign in to follow this  
Mclovin

Epic is Beautiful - A Timelapse video of New Elevation opening & Worldstar

This video has been in the vault for a year or so - It's my take on "Wurm is beautiful" for Epic/Elevation.
This video shows a timelapse of discovering new elevation, a deed and building the capital of Jenn Kellon which was later named Worldstar.
The video took 800gb of HDD space and was literaly hours upon hours of clips. The account would record whilst I slept too.
I sat through cut clips and sped up resulting in 120 hours to become 13.54 minutes.

An amazing kingdom effort went into getting Worldstar built before any other captial on Elevation with the total build time being just 5 days.

2015-04-15 055 PM - Founder deed KittyKatCastle is placed

Logging started 2015-04-20 - Worldstar is completed and a naming tournament is underway - winner gets to name the deed.

[01:52:45] Siimerowpha slain by Chon Chinpow Amberain Baultr
[01:53:10] Silverbean slain by Scottius Boomhauer Awardis Olloch Permo
[01:53:36] Olloch slain by Sulfoce Shankiest Unholy
[01:548] Cybrax slain by Chinpow Amberain Baultr
[01:54:21] Amberain slain by Sulfoce Cobb Rhianna Tigrosaur Cybrax
[01:54:35] Unholy slain by Shankiest Permo
[01:54:49] Rhianna slain by Scottius Chon Amberain
[01:54:55] Blayze slain by Sulfoce Awardis Permo
[01:565] Awardis slain by Silverbean Scottius Blayze Solarblade Shankiest Baultr Permo
[01:56:58] Chon slain by Scottius Boomhauer Cobb Ausimus Baultr Shankiest
[01:577] Cobb slain by Scottius Boomhauer Sulfoce Chon Chinpow Amberain Ausimus Baultr
[01:58:33] Ausimus slain by Scottius Chon Chinpow Cobb Rhianna Baultr Shankiest Tigrosaur Permo
[01:592] Tigrosaur slain by Chinpow Amberain Baultr Shankiest
<00:24:03> "Mclovin[Solarblade]": [01:59:43] Boomhauer slain by Scottius Permo
[0227] Scottius slain by Chinpow Ausimus Shankiest Baultr
[023:49] Permo slain by Boomhauer Chinpow Shankiest Baultr
[024:23] Baultr slain by Scottius Chinpow Shankiest Permo
[025:40] Chinpow slain by Scottius Shankiest
[0275] Ankoroth slain by Shankiest Acer

[timelines are mucked up because of TS - Shankiest tabb missing but he won and named the deed Worldstar]

Edited by Mclovin
  • Like 17

Some of those tabs, Scottius, Cobb :(. Rumor has it shank cheated, can you confirm ? 

Edited by Egard
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Egard said:

Some of those tabs, Scottius, Cobb :(. Rumor has it shank cheated, can you confirm ? 

If I remember correctly, he was hiding in an item pile as a chicken after using a yellow potion. 

• Like 4

Shank didn't cheat - Ankaroth [Gianna] hid as a Chicken in a item pile and instead of letting shank walk out of the arena [last man inside wins] he popped out and for some reason half of the crowd charged him, anyway, they were pulled back and a 1 vs 1 went down but shank won. It was a valid tactic tho.

Few extra pictures

The massive pile of creates left over Worldstar had its supply's calculated out and we brought over all the dirt bricks and mortar we needed to built it. The pile gets super compact to the right, we have had multiple create bashing party's and there is still tons left.

1eb01bf414f622f61eeac5c87a0c0802.png

Picture of the mostly finished product from the end of the video, figured I would post it for those who didn't watch it all.

652afba519cf5b2b5b2f3044206fa9bd.jpg

Last one is the entrance

afba2eb09f77d916dbe9897f1ecbd82b.jpg

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Egard said:

13 minutes ago, Mclovin said:

I love all the pm's near the end because everyone though we where have inner kingdom drama and killing each other because we talked ###### to each other in global for hours before to trick them.

• Like 3

Nice video and a nice looking deed. Too bad it was all for nothing due to the death of epic :(

• Like 1

Eh, one never knows what the future can hold. Change can be drastically overnight (both good and bad -so very bad-... can personally attest to such exp ingame :(), and it can be so very slow.

Mmm nice time delay.

Edited by Karrde

nice video

i always love wurm timelapses, especially of PvP deeds.

Worldstar was a very nice deed, I wanted to timelapse the construction of Rome but I never got around to setting up an account to sit there and record the whole thing.

however i think your classics were better hits

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 2

It was interesting to watch, thanks for sharing.  It's always cool to see what groups of people working together can accomplish which is something I feel that is very unique to the pvp mindset, it also shows a different side to pvp too in general

There isn't much I have to share, outside of pictures of 50000000000000000 piles of logs

• Like 6

hyR5CDg.jpg

look like a whale is diving from the peat [it's a corpse?]

Edited by Mclovin

if theres one thing mr has to be proud of its art

many items fit this category

• Like 2

dont have any screenshots of dsc, only a deedplanner schematic and this:

i wish my puush screenshots didnt get deleted but they did

7fe78bd1d4.jpg

romes prep for the first big raid of the server aka the dirt karellean had set aside for his deed :P

Anyone else here remember when i bandaged myself with Orlaz's 103coc supreme meditation rug?

Also, sulfoce, remember when i just went JK and we were at Fallujah and i 2hkod the VD champ? loooool Also good times like this

good times, sucks the server is dead.

If we ever go full nostalgia session, i got lots of screenshots from my time in Rome, Mongols, BL, a few from Lomaner. Didn't get to take too much from my time in JK though.

Edited by Propheteer

Let's just say that wasn't the only rare/supreme rug you used to bandage. Don't forget about your rare one as well, While having the robes on. 

we dont talk about that, but good thing my rare bone collection was strong due to all my depot escapes. I had like fifteen at one point. After that last rug though i think i started burning them on stupid ###### like backpacks.

Edited by Propheteer

15 hours ago, MrGARY said:

It was interesting to watch, thanks for sharing.  It's always cool to see what groups of people working together can accomplish which is something I feel that is very unique to the pvp mindset, it also shows a different side to pvp too in general

There isn't much I have to share, outside of pictures of 50000000000000000 piles of logs

Logs for the Log Thread!

>you'll never be excited about wurm again

>you'll never sip from a cup of glögg in a blizzard while singing christmas songs in ts again as the favela of 70 brazilians just north of your deed is slaughtered by drakespirits

>you'll never again look forward about claiming fair maidens from mol rehan and jenn kellon as you're ravaging their lands and then return back to base with the bros

tumblr_o06ive3pth1v0pigno1_1280.gif

i'll have to create a teleportation tool just to experience this level of comfyness again 

Edited by changer
  • Like 2

ye some famous brazilian started playing wurm, first they tried to kill everyone on blh at the starterzone but eventually we recruited them to settle down at our deed, there were maybe 100-200 brazilians actively playing over a week or two, taking everything that wasn't screwed down on deed including candelabras and bsbs, and then mass-producing small schacks

Yeah i remember those days, funny as hell, they wer streaming stuff like foraging and such too lol