Sign in to follow this  
Sila

Glasshollow its now finished for you!

There is newb resort just 10tiles  south of sign also 4 ads insite of recrutment board for same town

22 hours ago, Sila said:

There is newb resort just 10tiles  south of sign also 4 ads insite of recrutment board for same town

You say this as if it's a good thing. I find it highly inappropriate for you guys to put multiple garish advertisements for you own village on a starter deed, of all places, and I'm surprised the GM team allowed this

Just use the recruitment board system and the forums like everyone else.

EDIT: Seems like someone agreed with me; the recruitment sign no longer has the all-caps village-advertisement name it did before.

EDIT 2: Wait, 10 tiles south of the sign? The sign is in the middle of the deed. 10 tiles in any direction is still Glasshollow.

Edited by Ostentatio
  • Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 1:16 PM, Ostentatio said:

I am so confused

Don't put your Valentine flowers next to the bed in which you sleep with sheep close by. Makes for some confusing dreams, I bet.

=Ayes=

On 8/11/2016 at 9:30 PM, Ostentatio said:

Why was the recruitment board renamed to be an all-caps recruitment ad for some village? Is using the actual recruitment ad system too much work or something?

Seems pretty inappropriate for a starter deed, especially since those are everyone's first impression of the game after the tutorial.

On 8/15/2016 at 2:12 AM, Ostentatio said:

You say this as if it's a good thing. I find it highly inappropriate for you guys to put multiple garish advertisements for you own village on a starter deed, of all places, and I'm surprised the GM team allowed this

Just use the recruitment board system and the forums like everyone else.

EDIT: Seems like someone agreed with me; the recruitment sign no longer has the all-caps village-advertisement name it did before.

EDIT 2: Wait, 10 tiles south of the sign? The sign is in the middle of the deed. 10 tiles in any direction is still Glasshollow.

On 8/15/2016 at 11:35 AM, Sila said:

Fixed just for you .  

On 8/15/2016 at 1:16 PM, Ostentatio said:

I am so confused

I'll explain things for you:

Anyone can simply rename a sign and plant it on any starter deed where they have no special permissions. In this case, however, the sign was planted by the creator of this thread and that village in question, Silver Glass (which lies immediately adjacent to Glasshollow itself). Not only that but there were multiple members of that village who helped with this construction project, one of which joined after construction had already begun. We want to encourage a community to form here.

I don't know what it's like down on Newspring, but we have some serious monster activity up here that seems to make our area a bit too hostile to the new player. We want to provide services to the community so we host the double-deed Silver/Green glass to provide shelter and room to experiment for the new player (south), the public market (north), and a sort of academy still being designed and built (west). It's just like you say: "everyone's first impression of the game after the tutorial." Aside from that, choices of personal taste (all caps) should be left to the designer, but he has changed it to appease your complaints.

Edited by Meldichoir
starter deed permissions allow anyone to plant signs
  • Like 1

Really good looking stuff. Well done :D

Pity with the travel being a mission on wurm, we won't be seeing it in person for some time :(

Keep it up guys!

On 9/1/2016 at 1:58 PM, Meldichoir said:

Anyone can simply rename a sign and plant it on any starter deed where they have no special permissions.

I actually wasn't aware people could plant signs on starter deeds. I think I assumed permissions denied it, but I hadn't checked myself. Thanks, that explains some things.

after 2 years of last remake we would like to update with new stuff, walls and so our beauty