Sign in to follow this  
Juvlar

Family

This is a very complicated idea.

Basically, once you create a character and join a kingdom, you are randomly assigned to a married couple. Two players can be married. If two players are married, there is a chance they can have a baby, which would be any new player who gets randomly assigned to the couple.

The game would start you off as a small child, but within a few hours of in-game playing you'd be an adult.

This could allow "'houses" like in Game of Thrones and the real medieval-period. It could create political and royal intrigue. It would also be possible to strategically (or in a friendly way) adopt people into the family. If not with players, perhaps NPC spouses could even be arranged (?), since I know there are not many female avatars (let alone actual players).

This could also come with a lifespan system, so that you can't meet your great-great-great in-game grandfather. After several months of in-game playing, you die of old age. But you don't lose all your skills. You can choose to be reborn as a child in your own house (or join/found another if you want, in which case you'll be randomly assigned to any house EXCEPT the one you just came from). You would keep all the stats. Items could be conserved by writing a will and testament, a new item that will allow you to pass on items to different people when your toon dies, with an option to keep some or all items for your next reincarnation. You could of course do something like:

"GIVE item "SWORD" to wife

GIVE item "POTTED PLANT" to nephew

GIVE item "COMPASS" to son

GIVE all_other_items to reincarnation"

What do you think?

This would be a long time down the road obviously, more important stuff is needed... But would you like this?

Not a bad idea, but not really fitting wurm. Nor is the idea of forcing a new player onto others (for all the obvious social reasons). Same goes for the shorter life / skill more or less transferring which would annoy plenty of older players.

Sounds a lot like a bunch of single person games (Crusader kings 2 - massive chalice - the guild etc). Might be working as a standalone game or a massively modded WU server.

Conflict is at the heart of games. Would "parents" you don't like be such a bad thing?

2 minutes ago, Macadelic said:

-1 not Wurm

That's a pretty terrible argument.

not Wurm indeed

Edited by zigozag

Um, just no.  Get married in real life and have kids there.  There are enough children in Wurm already.

Too SIms Online for me. and I liked the Sims online.  I think this is done in too many other games to be warranted here.

So no thank you from me.

• Like 1

Other than an added layer of forced RP how is this different from alliances?

3 hours ago, Juvlar said:

That's a pretty terrible argument.

And that is a pretty terrible idea. :)

Having been married once in real life, I'd rather try to avoid it in virtual reality.

8 hours ago, Juvlar said:

This is a very complicated idea.

Basically, once you create a character and join a kingdom, you are randomly assigned to a married couple. Two players can be married. If two players are married, there is a chance they can have a baby, which would be any new player who gets randomly assigned to the couple.

The game would start you off as a small child, but within a few hours of in-game playing you'd be an adult.

This could allow "'houses" like in Game of Thrones and the real medieval-period. It could create political and royal intrigue. It would also be possible to strategically (or in a friendly way) adopt people into the family. If not with players, perhaps NPC spouses could even be arranged (?), since I know there are not many female avatars (let alone actual players).

This could also come with a lifespan system, so that you can't meet your great-great-great in-game grandfather. After several months of in-game playing, you die of old age. But you don't lose all your skills. You can choose to be reborn as a child in your own house (or join/found another if you want, in which case you'll be randomly assigned to any house EXCEPT the one you just came from). You would keep all the stats. Items could be conserved by writing a will and testament, a new item that will allow you to pass on items to different people when your toon dies, with an option to keep some or all items for your next reincarnation. You could of course do something like:

"GIVE item "SWORD" to wife

GIVE item "POTTED PLANT" to nephew

GIVE item "COMPASS" to son

GIVE all_other_items to reincarnation"

What do you think?

This would be a long time down the road obviously, more important stuff is needed... But would you like this?

But hugs we'll always be Tamils 

Edit: Tamils was supposed to be family but auto correct needed to remind us that we are all hashirama 

Edited by Alexgopen

isnt this the premise of some big mmo thats coming out soon, i remember watching a presentation about it while scouring youtube for stupid ######

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Propheteer said:

isnt this the premise of some big mmo thats coming out soon, i remember watching a presentation about it while scouring youtube for stupid ######

If you remember the name please post it.

i want to be married to propheteer and have little oniichan-lings