Sign in to follow this  
razoreqx

Citadel

Error 524 Ray ID: 2bffe2e8247e092c • 2016-07-10 00:28:36 UTC

A timeout occurred

Fix your service please!!  IM going to start posting negative reviews until you fix your oversubscribed service.

Second time this week ive been unable to access my servers via the console and NO updates on your webpage...      You NEED to work on your customer service!

Server Consoles

Edited by razoreqx

you should send that to citadel service not to wurm

6 minutes ago, Miretta said:

you should send that to citadel service not to wurm

I did.. 2 hours ago...   I subscribed to their service because of good reviews here.. Its only fair the negative feedback be contributed here as well..

Bottom line.. Customer service is very poor.

And when you pony up my hosting bill of $1146.21USD  you're more than welcome to tell me where to post my feedback..

TY.

Edited by razoreqx

Web service needed restarted..  Got a response.   Also some ISP issues with their provider.   Thanks James K.

James is a very good supporter and i believe the one and only that works also at the weekend. Grats that your server is running now =)

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Eject said:

James is a very good supporter and i believe the one and only that works also at the weekend. Grats that your server is running now =)

I dont like to post information about DDOS but its a fact of gaming ...   

This was actually a DDOS attack on our server.  Not only did Citadel handle it with little impact to the server the only noticeable effects i saw was not being able to access the server consoles during the attack..  Which was mitigated during the attack and I gained control of the web servers as well..

+10 for the support

+100 for James.  (hes got a great first name btw)

Jim

Edited by razoreqx
  • Like 1

When Citadel quoted out the requirements for a login server and clusters it included dedicated boxes with the specifications of 100 players per cluster. We found out today the clusters are running in VM's and the login server is the only dedicated box. The clusters are competing with threads from the login server causing the lag issues we're having on Irata. To resolve this we are asking them to honor the contract and move the clusters to dedicated servers. We've had over 180 players online on Irata and Laoks with no issues. When we added Western realms and the population increase we saw a huge performance hit on the login server.

To fix this issue we need to shut Western realms down. It will be saved as is until either we get a dedicated server as promised or change hosting providers to an enterprise grade hosting service.
This is the company I have been working with on a quote. https://www.ovh.com/us/dedicated-servers/

Im sorry Western realms had to be put on hold but I want a playable server for the time being and i'll do what it takes to keep us playable.

Once the server is shut down you can request with an alt on Irata a ticket to move any characters that did not get moved over. We'll put the server up long enough for you to grab your stuff and run. Deeds, items, and animals will remain as is and nothing will be lost. When the hardware is sufficient we'll return the server to an active state and you can move back over.

Again I am truly sorry Citadel didn't make good on the level of servers i was promised in the quote and i'll do my best to make it right again, even if that means moving. Citadel was paid for a year up front (wish i could have rethought that out) so If they dont honor the contract we'll have to eat the remaining seven months and move to the new provider.

History:

Ticket: 135599
Im having performance issues around what I believe to be cores and threading. It is my assumption these three servers are sharing the same resources. We have multiple thread locks because the executor thread requires more threads than the CPU cores can support. I need to know what can be done to address this as I dont want each boxing sharing resources. When i quoted this out with Sales it was based on the prices I received from various hosting providers on Dedicated servers for each cluster!
Saying the "resources look fine" isn't a proper response when the players in the game are being lagged to the point where the game is unplayable on the login server because the clusters are sharing resources with its CPU and memory.
I need this addressed ASAP before I shut down one of Code Club Wurm Unlimited largest servers down due to issues with the hosting provider being unable to handle multi clusters..
Ive shared with ticket with Rolf, Keenan, and others from the Dev team on Wurm Unlimited official forums. I have been in constant communication with the developers since for the last two months regarding performance issues.

Response:
We will look to see what we can do our end to optimize your servers, you do not have dedicated cores on your two multi server nodes, only your main one so those two servers share cpu resources, your main node is the only server using a dedicated core with two dedicated threads. We have restarted this dedicated node as it has been up for several months, this could potentially help. i see you do not currently have a scheduled restart, it is recommended that you restart your server preferably once a day off-peak hours and select when no one is on, this way the server won't have any wasted resources in RAM\cache and be able to continue at optimal performance
As previously stated you are being hosted on a 6c/12t CPU @3.9ghz per thread, typical capacity for this machine is at 20% usage at this time, so it's very much not a problem with resources not being avaliable, this specific dedicated node also has ECC 64GB RAM which for loadb-alancing purposes is typically kept at 20% free
It may be that the best method forward due to your requirement for full dedicated resources would be to rent a full bare metal server with us, we could provide either windows or centos and and provide you with an instance of our game control panel for easy management so you would have have the ability to continue hosting WU servers with a control panel to manage it and with ssh\rdp
Kind Regards,

-Jeroen van Proosdij
-Technical Operations
Thank you

Soon after they reboot our server with no notification and crashed all clusters
Note when Citadel did the reboot the clusters did NOT do a graceful shutdown and the mesh was not saved. This reboot solution can only be done when ALL servers are gracefully shutdown and then a reboot is done.. This shows both the lack of their knowledge about how the server mechanics of Wurm Unlimited are, and the poor communication and customer service we receive from them..

Next update from Citadel:
To note, i restarted your servers upon node restart to avoid any downtime
Kind Regards,

-Jeroen van Proosdij
-Technical Operations

Original Quote:

Game Server Package Quotation
Hosting for 5 Wurm dedicated servers specifications stated.
Game control panel features
Full Wurm server integration in game control panel, configure servers fully without need to edit servers manually in sqlite databases\wurm server editor
Map Compiler
Fast download system
Fult FTP support
Potential for MYSQL support
and much more.

Cluster servers
1x Wurm Unlimited 8GB Ram

Main Login Server

Total $2100 US 12 months.

Edited by razoreqx

Dont forget, some of the staff seem to not understand how a Wurm Unlimited server works.

You just cant reboot the VM, A LOT of the data is cached and shutting it like that does not save to the datadase and map mesh.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bigsteve said:

Dont forget, some of the staff seem to not understand how a Wurm Unlimited server works.

You just cant reboot the VM, A LOT of the data is cached and shutting it like that does not save to the datadase and map mesh.

Indeed.   It corrupted the map 

13 minutes ago, bigsteve said:

New Quote

From what you have provided, i have compiled a quotation for you, this inital quotation is an E5 server with the resources you would require to your specification, if seperate boxes are a main requirement then we will provide further quotation based on that

Dual Intel® Xeon® E5-2660
16 CPU Cores (32 Threads)
64GB DDR3 RAM
250GB SSD (10$ for each additional 250GB SSD drive, larger drives avaliable as well as HDD aka backups etc) (Utilizing RAID across multiple drives, or one drive per each gameserver)
Network: 1gbp/s - DDoS protected
Support: Unmanaged
Control Panel: If windows based, Citadel Servers game control panel can be provided
Ips: 4 Usable

Setup fees: $150
Monthly cost: $190/m

Kind Regards,

James

Citadel Servers

THEY ARE SCAMING PEOPLE! I bought FIVEM server AND NOT WORKING! Asked for refund still waiting for past 4 days they are making me fool! And always excuses, now i will make carge back from my credit card company and i already reported the website to inspection and i send them also all conversations and the confirmation for paying for server. Be careful! DO NOT BUY SERVICE FROM THEM!